Save the Rock Puncher!

13»

Comments

• Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    considering that many players might not know what the resource deposits are, and many players might not know what resources are in them once they get the PRAWN

What if you could scan the deposits? Then you'd know what you need to get them.
  • TenTonBlueTenTonBlue Join Date: 2017-01-04 Member: 226086Members
    Why is he punching rocks in the first place? #SavetheRocks
  • smellslikebleachsmellslikebleach Join Date: 2016-12-22 Member: 225337Members
    #Save the rock puncher
    #Save Terra Forming Device
  • Moldaw65Moldaw65 Finland Join Date: 2017-03-16 Member: 228973Members
    Just made this account to say #SaveTheRockPuncher
    I absolutely love the idea of more creatures with legs. So far we have many things that swim or float but only two ocean floor dwellers, those crabs (I know they have to different variations but they are basically still the same) and the Sea Treaders, which in my experience are pretty rare (and then there are crabsquids which I think could count here as well... anyway). It would probably have to be changed some way but maybe it could get its own type of rocks it could punch, so that it wouldn't have to form the terrain, and I love the idea that it could come and whack your base. I don't know about the Terraformer, it has a cool concept but it's function is kinda weird in my opinion. It would be a pretty good addition if they could make more crabs and insects and maybe an aggressive flying mob like some archaeopteryx looking predator. It could also dive and catch peepers and live inside little caves and tunnels in the mountains like the ones next to the Gun.
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    Moldaw65 wrote: »
    Just made this account to say #SaveTheRockPuncher
    I absolutely love the idea of more creatures with legs. So far we have many things that swim or float but only two ocean floor dwellers, those crabs (I know they have to different variations but they are basically still the same) and the Sea Treaders, which in my experience are pretty rare (and then there are crabsquids which I think could count here as well... anyway). It would probably have to be changed some way but maybe it could get its own type of rocks it could punch, so that it wouldn't have to form the terrain, and I love the idea that it could come and whack your base. I don't know about the Terraformer, it has a cool concept but it's function is kinda weird in my opinion. It would be a pretty good addition if they could make more crabs and insects and maybe an aggressive flying mob like some archaeopteryx looking predator. It could also dive and catch peepers and live inside little caves and tunnels in the mountains like the ones next to the Gun.

NECRO POSTING?
  • SlimestormSlimestorm Join Date: 2017-03-16 Member: 228989Members
    #save the rockpuncher

make them live on the islands and also make him the only thing that can destroy the cyclops.(aside from deep sea pressure.) so then you cant bring your cyclops to the lost river. :smile:
  • El_Leviatan_FantasmaEl_Leviatan_Fantasma Florida Join Date: 2017-02-19 Member: 228053Members
    Moldaw65 wrote: »
    maybe it could get its own type of rocks it could punch

This. This is an excellent suggestion. Take one of the large resource deposit models, scale it up a little bit, change its texture to something rocky, and have it be breakable by the Rock Puncher and release some Rockgrubs that the Puncher then eats (they can replace the small collectable resource pieces that normally come off a large deposit).

And it can punch your vehicles and bases if they're too noisy and too close to it.
  • El_Leviatan_FantasmaEl_Leviatan_Fantasma Florida Join Date: 2017-02-19 Member: 228053Members
    Any news about our crustacean friend?
  • BuilderJosephBuilderJoseph United States Join Date: 2017-02-13 Member: 227887Members
    #savetherockpuncher #savetheterreformer
    #savetherockpuncher #savetheterreformer

Nah, terraformer only caused pain and havoc.
  • CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
    They could add the rock puncher in in 2 ways. I think they could either keep only 1 biome that is able to be terraformed, the crag fields. It is better than the whole game but would cause some lag.
    Or the better option: Just implement it somewhere, it can punch rocks but not do anything, or punch fish that get too close.

Otherwise I don't see any other real chance that this guy is getting in, sry.
  • mikeloevenmikeloeven Join Date: 2017-04-14 Member: 229623Members
    I could see its behavior maintained without altering terrain. As it would punch rocks it would drop random ores giving the impression it was breaking large rocks without actually effecting the terrain. This would also make it serve a purpose as a high risk (proximity) to high reward (ore drops harvesting) creature.
  • Phoenix223Phoenix223 Chicago Join Date: 2016-02-18 Member: 213174Members
    edited April 2017
    mikeloeven wrote: »
    I could see its behavior maintained without altering terrain. As it would punch rocks it would drop random ores giving the impression it was breaking large rocks without actually effecting the terrain.

My thinking exactly! Then the Rock Puncher would live up to it's name. After all, there are plenty of "Floater" boulders scattered around the map; why not punch those?
  • CousinFruitCupzCousinFruitCupz USA Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229736Members
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    They could add the rock puncher in in 2 ways. I think they could either keep only 1 biome that is able to be terraformed, the crag fields. It is better than the whole game but would cause some lag.
    Or the better option: Just implement it somewhere, it can punch rocks but not do anything, or punch fish that get too close.

Otherwise I don't see any other real chance that this guy is getting in, sry.

Many people have already suggested using the Large Resource Deposits as something for it to punch and break apart, take some of them and make rock versions of them, scale them up, and have them spawn rockgrubs when it punches them instead of resources. Also punching you, your vehicles, and your base if they're too close/noisy.

They've already done a bit of work on it, be silly to let it go to waste especially with such an easy way to have it in.
    Now that the Ghost Leviathan is almost finished, hopefully they can turn some attention to the Rock Puncher soon.