Boobs for my avatar would be great!

13»

Comments

• 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    she scares me... but adding new player models would be cool heck even character customization would be even better being able to change the color of your suit would be amazing

Yeah she doesn't seem all that great. But really I would like to see more differences also in the suit. The suit seems to remain the same no matter what you put on.

Because it's a standard suit?
    They're not unique for each individual person.

No when you place like the radiation suit on. The suit stays the same, no change. You would think it would change along with the suit that you place on. It would be cool if you could personalize it but I wouldn't expect that unless the game was completed or the modders tackle that.

The suit changes when you put on a different one.
    Put on the Radiation Suit and look down. It's different.
    It's gray and white, and has a little blue panel.

It might not change in freecam, but that's because it's alpha. Like how we don't have a head when we're not in the water.
  • SanctusLupusSanctusLupus USA Join Date: 2015-08-30 Member: 207600Members
    she scares me... but adding new player models would be cool heck even character customization would be even better being able to change the color of your suit would be amazing

Yeah she doesn't seem all that great. But really I would like to see more differences also in the suit. The suit seems to remain the same no matter what you put on.

Because it's a standard suit?
    They're not unique for each individual person.

No when you place like the radiation suit on. The suit stays the same, no change. You would think it would change along with the suit that you place on. It would be cool if you could personalize it but I wouldn't expect that unless the game was completed or the modders tackle that.

The suit changes when you put on a different one.
    Put on the Radiation Suit and look down. It's different.
    It's gray and white, and has a little blue panel.

It might not change in freecam, but that's because it's alpha. Like how we don't have a head when we're not in the water.

Okay, guess that will be worked on further on.
  • BrieyaBrieya Las Vegas, NV Join Date: 2015-06-12 Member: 205419Members
    Okay, interesting set of ideas as to why a woman wants to play a woman in Subnautica. Real diving gear would actually hide most of the chest set up, so the body type works with the example given for the possible character model as a female. If the developers decide to not have this, and only grant us alternative looks for the male, eh, so be it. There are just days where I'm honestly not comfortable being a male avatar. Since we do not have third person view with Subnautica, I've been pretending my avi is a female anyway. Just seeing the shadow ruins the effect.

I doubt a robot would work in Subnautica due to the simple fact their gadgets are not AI efficient on this level. Also, they would not require a life pod. The needs of a robot would require other materials, which would not be easily accessible without serious help or lucky stash to buy you time. There is also the corrosive damage of the ocean on the robot, which would be constant. Not to mention the material build up on the machine's structure. This planet clearly eats and regurgitates metal like it is nobody's business.

The other possible alternative model for an avatar would be a seriously gender neutral. It is the future, and we are assuming men and women are clearly defined in this story line. The story has pointed out a number of different types of human colonies, which would introduce a range of different ways they would evolve. I look forward to seeing what they provide us, though. Even if I still have to pretend my character is equipped the way I am in real life.
  • smellslikebleachsmellslikebleach Join Date: 2016-12-22 Member: 225337Members
    What about infections / mutations which turns the player from human to a more alien character who can swim faster or have gills for underwater breathing.
    I really don't care wheather they player is male or female unless there are some advantages and disadvantages.
    Maybe the female character is more agile / faster but endure less damage again the male character is slower / stolid but gets more damage.
    Hmm, strength is really more the issue between the genders, which could be fixed with science. The woman would/could plausibly procreate with the aid of science, eliminating the solitary status.
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    I don't see the purpose behind varying the gender. Just make it so the base character is could go either way and leave it at that.
    Hence the suggestion of a neuter form. :P
  • smellslikebleachsmellslikebleach Join Date: 2016-12-22 Member: 225337Members
    Brieya wrote: »
    Hmm, strength is really more the issue between the genders, which could be fixed with science. The woman would/could plausibly procreate with the aid of science, eliminating the solitary status.

If both sex are the same it makes no sense to chance the sex of the player. That's why I'm asking for specia difference like the race advantages and disadvantages of a role playing game.

So changing the sex only makes sense if you of special properties / characteristics.
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    edited December 2016
    Brieya wrote: »

If both sex are the same it makes no sense to chance the sex of the player. That's why I'm asking for specia difference like the race advantages and disadvantages of a role playing game.

So changing the sex only makes sense if you of special properties / characteristics.

Most race/sex difference conventions in games are creepy and/or silly at minimum, but mostly just racist/sexist. There's no need or logic for a female player option to have different traits from a male one - the fact that having a female option will mean something to a little below the entire female audience should be more than enough reason to have that option.

Neutral gender option would be fine too, of course, but that's not where development has taken us and with the work done already might as well continue the binary choice. Would love an additional gender neutral player option eventually too, though.
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    If you add this, add it on the menu and have it span all your games; don't make it something we have to chose at the beginning of every single game.
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    Jamezorg wrote: »
    If you add this, add it on the menu and have it span all your games; don't make it something we have to chose at the beginning of every single game.

There's a decent chance options will become a thing anyway, so I reckon there'll be a menu before the start of every game eventually.
  • DominantReverseDominantReverse North Yorkshire, UK Join Date: 2016-12-29 Member: 225698Members

I just want my base colourscheme to be the same as my Cyclops and Seamoths - Lilac stripes :disappointed:
  • JarinJarin Los Angeles Join Date: 2013-12-16 Member: 190184Members

It's an immersion thing. In a game so heavily focused on solitude and atmosphere, improving the player's connection to their avatar is a worthwhile goal.