Freezes and Crashes

JamieShadezJamieShadez North Miami Join Date: 2016-02-13 Member: 212953Members
Hello. Whenever I'm traveling in a Seamoth through certain biomes, I would get constant freezes every few minutes and then I would get a long freeze that resulted in an error.

Here are the files in which the devs can look into..

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3VCNdgwkk2xTWhPNWZZSlNja0E

Comments

• Running_BearRunning_Bear Join Date: 2016-12-15 Member: 224978Members
    All it does is crash since the update. I haven't been able to travel from the aurora to the mountains without a crash. The game just eats itself alive now. Unplayable.
  • DemonadrastosDemonadrastos Join Date: 2016-12-16 Member: 225027Members
    I purchased the game in April 2015 and it has been a little over a year since I last played, and I'm wondering if the minimum/recommended System Requirements have changed since. Originally, I was able to run the game comfortably with little to no issues on medium to medium-high. From then and now, I am running with pretty much the same build with the addition of a CPU water cooler and a dual-fan for my GPU's.

Win 10 pro 64bit
    QX9650 3.0 GHz
    6GB RAM
    x2 XFX Radeon HD 5770s

On high, I freeze at the intro cut scene. On Medium/Recommended, it runs like silk above the water, then freezes once I'm underwater. I know my computer is outdated, but I shouldn't be freezing when I am above the minimum.
  • NachomanNachoman Join Date: 2016-12-16 Member: 225029Members
    I have been having this same problem since the Bones update about 6 weeks ago. I had just gotten back into the game about 3 months ago and things had been running great on my 5 year old pc with my AMD HD 6550 video card with the direct X9 reversion added to the launch code of the game it had been playable for me once again. Then the bones update came out and I have been crashing ceaselessly. I had really been hoping it would be fixed with this update, I have seen others posting with the same problem on these forums and uploading their crash reports and still nothing... I get about 8-12 decent playable hours out of a new game, after I build a base everything always goes to crap and the game crashes every 5 seconds or so after loading now without fail. So I either start a new game again or wait to see if they are going to fix this but its been going on for almost 2 months now and a major update was just released and now I wonder if it will be fixed. I understand my PC is below the minimum, but the fact is that it had been running more than fine without major loads or any lag on all minimum settings and I was loving it. Now after I build a base I cant go even 5 seconds after loading a save file before it just freezes and the game crashes. Its frustrating as hell.
  • NachomanNachoman Join Date: 2016-12-16 Member: 225029Members
    Even tried the experimental mode about a week ago now and it was no different than the current patch or the last bones update patch. Still crashed like mad, couldnt even get a save game to load up and give me more than a 90 degree turn in either direction before freezing and then crashing.
  • JamieShadezJamieShadez North Miami Join Date: 2016-02-13 Member: 212953Members
    All it does is crash since the update. I haven't been able to travel from the aurora to the mountains without a crash. The game just eats itself alive now. Unplayable.

It did this well before the Dec. 15th update. It improved a little after the update though. The clearing cache method made the game playable again.
  • JamieShadezJamieShadez North Miami Join Date: 2016-02-13 Member: 212953Members
    Nachoman wrote: »
    Even tried the experimental mode about a week ago now and it was no different than the current patch or the last bones update patch. Still crashed like mad, couldnt even get a save game to load up and give me more than a 90 degree turn in either direction before freezing and then crashing.

Try deleting 2 cache folders from your save folder. IT seemed to helped mine.