Water filtration system.

DatGamertjeDatGamertje Join Date: 2016-10-14 Member: 223111Members
Hi, guys! Here a quick thought about the water filtration system.

Lets be fair that it is kinda op, when you got it.
Put 3-4 solar panels down and you don't have to worry about water pretty much any longer!
I find this kind of experience killing, wich ofcorse is not nice!
What I suggest is to leave it the same, however.
If you make the texture of the bottle some kind of metal.
You can add a system in the game where you can make metal water bottles.
That can maybe be used like 2-5 times untill they break
(Mabye even leak water over time? The longer you use it the more it leaks.)
It will then take like 1 or 2 titanium to make such a metal bottle!
If ofcorse you can't re-use it, it seems fair to me it only takes 1 titanium.
I suggest putting this as an recipe in the fabricator.
This brings (In my head atleast) a little extra more challenge in getting water,
then just making sure you got enough power and after that just sit on your ass...

Let me know what you guys think of this! :)

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    How about requiring 1x silicone rubber (so 2x creepvine seed clusters) per 2 bottles made (1 use), and you can stack up to 4x silicone rubber in the filtration system (with an indicator as to how many are left).
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    Rather not. I'm fine with the freebie holder and certainly don't mind that water production eventually becomes a non-issue other than energy supply. That's the reward for all the work you've done to get the filtration machine & mp room & whatever energy source you've got running.

Besides, consistency dictates that making a bottle for one amount of water would also require it for the other. Pretty sure that'd make early survival a hassle well beyond fun.
  • Sample_TextSample_Text Join Date: 2016-12-13 Member: 224913Members
    Hi, guys! Here a quick thought about the water filtration system.

Lets be fair that it is kinda op, when you got it.
    Put 3-4 solar panels down and you don't have to worry about water pretty much any longer!
    I find this kind of experience killing, wich ofcorse is not nice!
    What I suggest is to leave it the same, however.
    If you make the texture of the bottle some kind of metal.
    You can add a system in the game where you can make metal water bottles.
    That can maybe be used like 2-5 times untill they break
    (Mabye even leak water over time? The longer you use it the more it leaks.)
    It will then take like 1 or 2 titanium to make such a metal bottle!
    If ofcorse you can't re-use it, it seems fair to me it only takes 1 titanium.
    I suggest putting this as an recipe in the fabricator.
    This brings (In my head atleast) a little extra more challenge in getting water,
    then just making sure you got enough power and after that just sit on your ass...

Let me know what you guys think of this! :)

i like the idea of silicone rubber better because for a metal bottle they would have to make a new item for only water drinking, if they can use normal textures they are probably more likely to do this. i have never had that machine but the way you describe it sounds a bit OP so good suggestion (:

• Sample_TextSample_Text Join Date: 2016-12-13 Member: 224913Members
    DrownedOut wrote: »
    Rather not. I'm fine with the freebie holder and certainly don't mind that water production eventually becomes a non-issue other than energy supply. That's the reward for all the work you've done to get the filtration machine & mp room & whatever energy source you've got running.

Besides, consistency dictates that making a bottle for one amount of water would also require it for the other. Pretty sure that'd make early survival a hassle well beyond fun.

maybe you have to drink it directly from the airsack then XD, or save the bottle because i have had a bottle for 2 years now and its still not leaking, makes sense right?
  • IlexLegionIlexLegion Join Date: 2016-09-21 Member: 222475Members
    edited December 2016
    What about having a recipe for bottles and you can have the station refill bottles, but it will not generate water unless there is a free bottle in its inventory? Perhaps it would be able to store a few bottles at a time.
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    Reminds me of Solus Project bottles. They were nice, you could carry around food and bottles, and replenish. Bottles refilled off of drips of water from rocks, or pure-water troughs, but not seawater.

Not craftable, but they were really common, so it wasn't an issue. Plus, you only ever needed two, MAX. Could work in SN, if Cyclops could get a water tank as well, and there was a bit of mechanics for refilling them.

But overall, seems like feature creep. Future-tech one-shot bottles that your character automatically recycles, so the bottles are free, and you don't have to lug them around. And the machines use the empties to refill, and pump out new water containers? Already in, already works, move on to polish...
  • MalsqueekMalsqueek United States Join Date: 2016-05-17 Member: 216835Members
    By the time that you have set up a sustainable base and filtration system that also supports a vehicle and crafting during the night, the grind for water ought to be less of an issue. You are off looking into the deep corners of the ocean, and don't need to be digging around for salt rocks.

I'd be fine with having to create a small handful of fully reusable titanium bottles, if it weren't for what that would do to the inventory management aspect of the game.
  • ElavionElavion Poland Join Date: 2015-09-09 Member: 207844Members
    edited December 2016
    I just wanted to point out you don't really need a water filtration machine.

Two lantern trees planted in the cyclops keeps you covered (even 1 might be enough) for both food and water indefinitely. Just don't eat more than 6 at once or you'll start bleeding (Probably a placeholder) which will reduce both your food and water by 30 (happens with all consumables, not just fruits).

Let's say they nerf both. Well, you can just make a tank (the big one) for bladderfish breeding and make an infinite supply that way.

I say there's just enough resource grinding in the game as it is. No need to add more.