Spark addon for Blender

13»

Comments

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    Updated to work with Python 3.5 (which blender 2.77 uses).

Oops, let's try that again. Updated to work with python 3.5, and fixed a syntax error that managed to sneak in...
  • clankill3rclankill3r Join Date: 2007-09-03 Member: 62145Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    @BeigeAlert Will it be possible some day to import a model as well? (Or is there already a way to import a model into blender?)
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    clankill3r wrote: »
    @BeigeAlert Will it be possible some day to import a model as well? (Or is there already a way to import a model into blender?)

Maybe someday I'll find the time to write an importer. For now, all I've got is this test file. https://www.dropbox.com/s/53uw2sfvk3l6kqg/spark_model_import_test.blend?dl=1

It doesn't do animations or physics yet, and you have to import the material yourself, but the mesh comes in fine.
  • Jones108Jones108 Join Date: 2012-12-10 Member: 174670Members
    edited December 2016
    Nice tool, but which Blender version are you guys using? 2.76 is just giving me errors when im trying to import something.
    Jones108 wrote: »
    Nice tool, but which Blender version are you guys using? 2.76 is just giving me errors when im trying to import something.

I'm using the latest version of Blender, 2.78. Works fine over here. Try updating to that version, and if it still isn't working, post the error here and I'll take a look at it.
  • ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Yeah i was getting errors when importing, refused to import faces, refused to export anything too, i'll post something a bit later in the week if i get a chance.
  • UncleRayUncleRay Join Date: 2010-03-08 Member: 70881Members
    Experiencing some "ghost" textures. Some of the textures are not on the brushes themselves, but rather 20 meters away. Currently running an Nvidia card.

Please advise.
    UncleRay wrote: »
    Experiencing some "ghost" textures. Some of the textures are not on the brushes themselves, but rather 20 meters away. Currently running an Nvidia card.

Please advise.

Could you upload some screenshots of the issue? I'm not sure of what you're describing. Is it an issue in Spark after importing from Blender, or an issue in Blender after importing from Spark?