Crashfish powder?

RichieCRichieC Mars Join Date: 2016-07-14 Member: 220235Members
The old method of collecting crashfish powder doesn't seem to work for me any more. After avoiding the kamikaze fish, all I find in the plant is an egg. Is there another way to get the powder now? I have around 5 or 6 eggs now, although they are useless to me at this point in the game unless there's a way to make crashfish powder from them.

Comments

• DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    Nope. You just have to keep searching for crashfish powder. The old way still works, but there's egg competition now, so it's harder.
  • RichieCRichieC Mars Join Date: 2016-07-14 Member: 220235Members
    Darn. Wanted to fix my life pod, but seems at this rate I'll have my habitat with equipment constructed before I get lucky finding some powder.
    If you're on PC, you could use the world deletion trick to reset the crash plants. You'll have to do that eventually anyway in the current build.
  • MrRoarkeMrRoarke Join Date: 2016-05-16 Member: 216830Members
    Explain this "world deletion trick"...I'm unfamiliar.
    Just that one where you go in your save file and deletes the maps CellsCache and CompiledOctreesCache. You keep your progress, but the world resets (and doesn't drain performance anymore). Worst case scenario the restored terrain clips through your base.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Sometimes the crash powder gets blown out of the plant and is just free floating, and it's a flat wafer, so it's easy to miss.
  • RichieCRichieC Mars Join Date: 2016-07-14 Member: 220235Members
    Played again for a couple of hours, saw another 4 or 5 crash fish and still no powder. On all occasions except once all I got were eggs, and the one time I didn't get an egg, I got nothing.
    I've seen the free floating crash powder before in previous builds, but not in this one. I ended up cheating to get it. I have my Seamoth now and would like to be able to repair it when needed.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    It sounds like RNJesus doesn't love you @RichieC
  • ShuryCZShuryCZ Czech Republic Join Date: 2015-07-07 Member: 206047Members
    Cheating is not such a bad thing at this stage of the game. It happened to me few times too with other resources. The balancing seems to just move the problem at different things, but I think this problem will only keep diminishing.
  • WarzouzWarzouz Join Date: 2016-11-05 Member: 223674Members
    Getting Crash powder is a pain, especially for the beginners. Even though, it's quite hard to find. On first round, I got some very near my base. But on my second round, even I knew what to get and what to expect, I had to wait a long time to find some. Evn though, that was buggy and I got nothing several times.

Needless to say that my pod was smoking for a long time.

The initial welder shouldn't need crash fish powder. May be one could be found in pods instead of rad suit (which is easy to craft.
  • 999Antonio3849999Antonio3849 Emperor Aquarium Join Date: 2016-10-23 Member: 223324Members
    in one experimental build when crash eggs were just tiny boneshark eggs I found only 1 egg 15 powder can you please change it back devs PLEAAAASEE