Subnautica Nomination for Steam Game Awards

ComicalSkateComicalSkate Canada, ON Join Date: 2015-05-28 Member: 204993Members
Hello fellow Subnautica fans,

As some of you may be aware there is currently voting going underway for the Steam Game Awards. Now this means we can all vote Subnautica for one nomination. While it is completely up to you for which category you would like to nominate it for, we have a better chance of getting Subnautica to win if we all work together and decide a category to vote for.
Now I have narrowed it down to the two most fitting categories for Subnautica; The “Whoooaaaaaaa, dude!” Award and The “I Thought This Game Was Cool Before It Won An Award” Award. While Subnautica fits both of their criteria pretty well, I think we should all decide to vote for the "Whoa, dude!" category because of all the awesome stuff you see that make you think; "Whoa". This includes, but is not limited to: Seeing the intro sequence, seeing the Aurora explosion, your first encounter with a reaper, and coming across the stunning and beautiful ocean environments.
So if we all agree to vote for The “Whoooaaaaaaa, dude!” Award then we have a good chance of making Subnautica win!

So lets do this! Lets give Subnautica what it deserves and make our beloved game win The Steam Game Awards!

To nominate Subnautica, you have to go to the Subnautica Steam page and click the "Nominate This Game". Here is a link to the page:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/264710

To see a list of the categories and more detail to what the "Whoa, dude!" award entails, click here:
http://store.steampowered.com/SteamAwardNominations/

To see the already existing strawpoll that shows that most people have decided to vote for "Whoa, dude" already then click here:
http://www.strawpoll.me/11719254

I thank you, as I am sure the developers at Unknown Worlds do as well, for participating in this nomination!

EDIT: Tbh, I think the "I Thought This Game Was Cool Before It Won An Award" award is better suited. So if you are just reading this now then lets go with that one lol. And if you already voted for "Whoa, dude", you can always change your vote.

Comments

• Thunder_StarThunder_Star Canada Join Date: 2016-06-14 Member: 218587Members
    edited November 2016
    I agree, and if a dev, say, Cory Strader, could comment on this, I'd be voting Subnautica every day!
  • Thunder_StarThunder_Star Canada Join Date: 2016-06-14 Member: 218587Members
    The almighty Cory has spoken! It must come true!
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    No sooner said than done, this game deserves both awards really. Devs have done a fantastic job!
  • bwc153bwc153 Shawnee, KS, US Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213659Members
    I put other as "Best Early Access Title"
  • NorrinRaddNorrinRadd Deutschland Join Date: 2016-11-11 Member: 223811Members
  • matttitus1215matttitus1215 USA Join Date: 2016-11-23 Member: 224170Members
    d2opqc3y8dnh.png

It's one of the best games I've ever played. Especially in VR. I can't wait for the final product
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    Just out of interest, which are the other games you've nominated?

Here are mine, not sure if yall agree with them (especially the "best use of farm animal" award), but I just felt like sharing my opinions.
    wzer3me1i0g9.jpg
    5phwlv08btqc.jpg
    lxhot8k7erj9.jpg
    00qhwsatj7cb.jpg
    o64r8gk780b6.jpg
    0ysf4pcha1wm.jpg
    vi56bmqytbr9.jpg
    wk20qd5tepx6.jpg
    g3xf2pdzgu94.jpg
  • ComicalSkateComicalSkate Canada, ON Join Date: 2015-05-28 Member: 204993Members
    Calarand77 wrote: »
    I really don't think SN has any chance to win in the Whoa-whatever category, to be honest. Even if all of us put our votes for it, we'll still be pitting the game against well established, giant titles like The Witcher 3, to name just one obvious example, titles that had months to gather a loyal fanbase and publicity. So it's basically a wasted vote. The "before it was cool" category is the more logical choice, since this is exactly what SN is - a new game that hasn't won anything yet, but is so awesome that it should and we can make it happen. The competition there will definitely be more fair.

Just my two cents.

Lol, thats funny because that is actually what I said initially and Cory did agree with going for the "Before it was cool" award. But then everyone had already started voting the whoa dude so when I made this post I thought we would have a better chance. But I do see your point.
  • ShambanationShambanation Australia Join Date: 2016-11-22 Member: 224148Members
    Well my votes in for Subnautica under Whoa Dude! Let's hope it takes out the award! :smile:

Some of my others were:
    Witcher 3 - Game within a game (GWENT RIGHT?)
    The Walking Dead - I'm not crying
    Civ V - Just 5 more minutes (Seriously this game sucks time up harder than the Negativatron sucks dreans in LBP)

Just in case anyone cared...
  • ComicalSkateComicalSkate Canada, ON Join Date: 2015-05-28 Member: 204993Members

Civ V - Just 5 more minutes (Seriously this game sucks time up harder than the Negativatron sucks dreans in LBP)

Lol, I voted civ 5 for that too
  • HiSaZuLHiSaZuL N.Y. Join Date: 2016-11-11 Member: 223803Members
    edited November 2016
    "I Thought This Game Was Cool Before It Won An Award" is the one I gave it. Lets be honest it doesn't have the omph for WOHA mind blown etc categories. When I recall titles like first DeusEx, Witcher, TES 1-3, X 2-3, Quake 1-2... etc... this doesn't have that mind shattering "wtf just happened factor to it" it's cool and it's fun but it's not something that blew my mind.

Now that I think about it, probably should have given it something like "Early Access that is more polished then Bethesda games 6 years later" we aren't at the release date so can't go with "Early access that actually ended" award.
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    I wasn't entirely sure what to nominate Subnautica for, but I'm going with the lead of Best Early Access Title.

I'm still thinking of my other nominations. So far, it's going to be "I'm not Crying": Dreaming Sarah and "Villain Most In Need of Hug": The Fall.

And if I might take a moment for extreme budget recommendations this sale, plz give Dreaming Sarah (59c) and Realms of the Haunting (99c) a consideration. DS is short and RotH has dated controls, but they're good.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    *sigh* So should we all change our votes? Or what? xP

Make up our minds, people..
    Watch it win like 40 random made up categories.
  • Calarand77Calarand77 lurking in general forums Join Date: 2016-01-22 Member: 211786Members
    Making your own category is pretty much throwing away your vote, because let's face it, No Man's Sky is going to win there with "Disappointment of the Year" or something like that. Just go check NMS Reddit, the post suggesting it has almost 4K upvotes already.

So if we actually want Subnautica to win something, we should indeed all change our votes and choose the one category the game has a chance to win in, and that is the "Before it won award" category.

^ it's the one it legitimately deserves in it's current state. If there was "most polished unfinished game" I'd be all up for it... but custom category winning is not happening.
  • bwc153bwc153 Shawnee, KS, US Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213659Members
    Calarand77 wrote: »
    Making your own category is pretty much throwing away your vote, because let's face it, No Man's Sky is going to win there with "Disappointment of the Year" or something like that. Just go check NMS Reddit, the post suggesting it has almost 4K upvotes already.

So if we actually want Subnautica to win something, we should indeed all change our votes and choose the one category the game has a chance to win in, and that is the "Before it won award" category.

They said they'd take several categories, not one.

NMS will get dissapointment of the year, and Subnautica could still get best early access title.
  • themaelstormthemaelstorm Germany Join Date: 2016-11-03 Member: 223623Members
    I went for whoa dude myself before seeing this thread :D
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    So let me get this straight: we are all changing our votes to "I Thought This Game Was Cool Before It Won An Award"

Yes / No / Maybe / You can't make me???
  • Calarand77Calarand77 lurking in general forums Join Date: 2016-01-22 Member: 211786Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    So let me get this straight: we are all changing our votes to "I Thought This Game Was Cool Before It Won An Award"

Yes / No / Maybe / You can't make me???
    I honestly don't know. I tried my best to reason with others, I hoped we could perhaps reach some sort of consensus here, so we could all vote for one and the same category. That way we would give SN a bigger chance to win, but people - obviously - have their own preferences, and they would rather cast their votes differently.

So you just give your nomination for SN where you feel it fits best, and let's all keep our fingers crossed for the game.

• Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    So now that the steam awards are ended, does anybody know who the winners are?