Subnautica Bones Update Released! - Subnautica

2»

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Clear your cache. If you feel like contributing, you can also upload your saved game directory before cleaning the cache, perhaps it will shed more light on what's going on.
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    I guess I'll need to do that as well. There are either some pretty serious performance issues with this update or some issues on my end to deal with. The lost river is absolutely gorgeous, which is great considering I only get a frame or two per second down there.
  • fizzy6868fizzy6868 Join Date: 2016-11-23 Member: 224176Members
    is it room scale or seated for the HTC Vive as you have not said anything other than work on it
  • fizzy6868fizzy6868 Join Date: 2016-11-23 Member: 224176Members
    jpinard wrote: »
    Let them get the game done for normal versions first ok? Then do all the VR stuff. Does no good to focus on VR just to have to rewrite code for the base game and have the release pushed out even further. Playerbase for normal game is about 95% greater than VR base. Priorities.

they are not really wasting time as it only takes about 1hr or so to get Steam VR working that is if there making the game in unity3d i know i am making a game and added it to mine
  • jpinardjpinard Join Date: 2016-09-17 Member: 222373Members
    fizzy6868 wrote: »
    Let them get the game done for normal versions first ok? Then do all the VR stuff. Does no good to focus on VR just to have to rewrite code for the base game and have the release pushed out even further. Playerbase for normal game is about 95% greater than VR base. Priorities.

they are not really wasting time as it only takes about 1hr or so to get Steam VR working that is if there making the game in unity3d i know i am making a game and added it to mine

Anyone can make a game in Unity, even my 12 year nephew. Anyone can add VR support in Unity. Adding a VR experience that is not awful and actually good is the challenge. 90% of the "VR games" made in Unity are abysmal crap primarily because they spent just 1 hour doing it. Putting the horse before the cart is a recipe for disaster. If they can't get the game above 24 fps in certain regions then no one will be able to play VR without heaving.
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    fizzy6868 wrote: »

Anyone can make a game in Unity, even my 12 year nephew. Anyone can add VR support in Unity. Adding a VR experience that is not awful and actually good is the challenge. 90% of the "VR games" made in Unity are abysmal crap primarily because they spent just 1 hour doing it. Putting the horse before the cart is a recipe for disaster. If they can't get the game above 24 fps in certain regions then no one will be able to play VR without heaving.

Additionally, the more complex the game the harder it is to implement that and make it work well. Only UnknownWorlds knows how feasible these things are to do since it's THEIR code. They know it better than us, so how can we just up and say that X or Y feature should be a snap to implement and implement properly?
  • awesomeguy101awesomeguy101 Join Date: 2016-06-21 Member: 218886Members
    Kyman201 wrote: »
    Good job! Now I can swim around and build near dead stuff! Oh and base building is even WORSE now ;)!

How's base-building worse?
    Air... Pipes....

• HerugrimHerugrim The Poconos Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221402Members
    Was hoping for precursor update this week. No word yet?
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    Herugrim wrote: »
    Was hoping for precursor update this week. No word yet?

Word on discord is midweek, with the caveat that if the bugs prove too tough it will be postponed again.