Subnautica Special Edition

DavycannonhoundDavycannonhound Join Date: 2015-02-24 Member: 201527Members
Is the special edition gone? I was really hoping to get it but I can no longer find it and all I can find is the steam version.

Comments

• ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    It is gone, yes. A special edition may come to steam at some point but the old version is now unavailable, sorry.
  • theodoulostheodoulos United States Join Date: 2015-04-14 Member: 203448Members
    edited April 2015
    if an edition does come to steam (assuming its refering to the special hull items) will previos buyers from steam be able to get the hull items( either purchasing or given)?
  • DavycannonhoundDavycannonhound Join Date: 2015-02-24 Member: 201527Members
    edited April 2015
    @Comprox Will I still get game updates if I get the steam edition??
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    What will be included in a steam edition has not been solidified yet. It may or may not include some form a Hull Plate. If it does, it will not include any numbering (this was a big part of the reason that the old special edition is gone. The numbering system was incredibly difficult with how Steam is set up).

And yes, the steam edition will get the exact same updates. The old special edition was just the steam edition plus a few other things. They all update via steam.
  • Shovel_FighterShovel_Fighter UWE PT Team Join Date: 2015-03-22 Member: 202443Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    i bought the special edition a while ago and still dont have the hull plate, will i get it anytime soon? dont get me wrong i'm patient and can wait a bit longer but if i paid for something than it would only be fair to get it at some point! thx alot
    They do Hull Plate manually every once in a while. If you have filled out the form, you should see it soon as they are doing another round soon. You can follow the progress here: https://trello.com/c/LdkNf8zU/4134-hull-plate-redemption-round-16apr
  • sockrocksockrock CA Join Date: 2015-04-21 Member: 203706Members
    Comprox wrote: »
    It is gone, yes. A special edition may come to steam at some point but the old version is now unavailable, sorry.
    Depending on your dev roadmap, I wonder if a Kickstarter or IndieGoGo crowdsourcing effort would be worthwhile for raising additional funds towards fasterbetterenhancedimproved special edition-specific development on SubNautica.

As I mention in another post, it would be wonderful to see a female version of our hero as an option in this game. (wink, wink, nudge, nudge!)

• Shovel_FighterShovel_Fighter UWE PT Team Join Date: 2015-03-22 Member: 202443Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    They do Hull Plate manually every once in a while. If you have filled out the form, you should see it soon as they are doing another round soon. You can follow the progress here: https://trello.com/c/LdkNf8zU/4134-hull-plate-redemption-round-16apr

thx alot for the info, very much appreciated!
  • Thor11011Thor11011 southampton Join Date: 2015-09-24 Member: 208130Members
    I really don't mean to kick up a fuss, but what is so special about this hull plate? Why was the special edition available for such a short time, how much did it cost compared to the early access?

Personally I think you should be granting early access buyers some in-game items before releasing and giving items to owners of "special editions"...

The game isn't even complete yet, I don't understand how you guys even managed to release a special edition of a game that isn't finished...

Makes no sense to me both as a dev and just as a person...

We supported this game in the run up and you left us out in the cold.

This is a game I may have one day wanted a solid copy of...

But regardless of all this and in all seriousness, does this "hull plate" actually offer any benefits against what the rest of us have access to or is it just a "you can start with this item instead of have to work for it" kind of thing, if that is the case, then I don't have a problem...

Otherwise, I am rather appalled by this action, how long was the special edition even on sale for? I never saw it available on steam.
  • ComicalSkateComicalSkate Canada, ON Join Date: 2015-05-28 Member: 204993Members
    edited November 2016
    The special edition didn't cost any more then the rest. The "Special Edition" was just given to the first 10 000 people to own the game way back when it just came out, not even in Early Access. We, people who own the game now in Early Access, will be given bonuses, as thanks for our support, when v1.0 releases. This will include the cutefish pet and some other things I am sure.

Why are you commenting on a discussion that has long been over, whats with your over exasperated attitude and excessive use of "..."?
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited November 2016
    sockrock wrote: »
    Depending on your dev roadmap, I wonder if a Kickstarter or IndieGoGo crowdsourcing effort would be worthwhile for raising additional funds towards fasterbetterenhancedimproved special edition-specific development on SubNautica.

As I mention in another post, it would be wonderful to see a female version of our hero as an option in this game. (wink, wink, nudge, nudge!)

Say no more... Say no more...

Yknow, this thread reminds me of NS2 Special Edition... I bet it's all gonna be Deluxe version, early access content stuffs like Black Armour Spec-Ops only for those select few?
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Ralij wrote: »
    I dub thee NecroThor for your stunning achievement of dragging a 19 month dead topic out from its grave.

Well sh!t, I got dragged into this as well5.gif
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
  • Thor11011Thor11011 southampton Join Date: 2015-09-24 Member: 208130Members
    Rarrr! Fear me, I just wanted to know what was so special about what they were getting is all, I did a fair bit of searching and the answer was not clear anywhere else.

Excessive use? I quoted two things and will admit I don't know why I bothered, just that I was referencing the hull plate and special edition.

None the less, thank you for your reply :) though I still don't get what's special about the hull plate they get.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2016
    Those 'Special Edition' Hull Plates were for people purchasing the game even before Subnautica was out in Early Access on Steam, only available from us direct. It was our way of giving thanks to those people, because if they had not, Subnautica would probably not exist. They were limited in number, and didn't sell out so were removed from sale. They will not be available again, out of respect for the original buyers.
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    Thor11011 wrote: »
    Rarrr! Fear me, I just wanted to know what was so special about what they were getting is all, I did a fair bit of searching and the answer was not clear anywhere else.

Excessive use? I quoted two things and will admit I don't know why I bothered, just that I was referencing the hull plate and special edition.

None the less, thank you for your reply :) though I still don't get what's special about the hull plate they get.

To my understanding, it's really more "exclusive" than "special". Hull plates are decoration and don't provide any benefits. You don't miss out that much, also because not a single hull plate thus far fits "in-lore". They're cute gifts to people who've helped make Subnautica successful, but nothing you should feel cheated over not getting.
  • ProbitasProbitas Join Date: 2016-11-17 Member: 224009Members
    edited November 2016
    Game currently has no MP so nothing added in would convey any kind of advantage anyway. So it matters not who gets what as it would have no effect on anyones solo play.
    In short, on repeat... Sup guys :D
    NS2-SpecialArmor.jpg