New Weapon Ideas?

Comments

• LeftyLikeLeftyLike Norway Join Date: 2015-04-19 Member: 203638Members
    "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully" :*

The seamoth is the most lethal weapon in the game..I've killed so much. :'(

I'm actually fine with them not adding more lethal weapons, as long as there is a reason for there not being any in the game.
    "You get a stasis rifle, no killing the local fauna"

That said..he can make a nuclear reactor..
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    LeftyLike wrote: »
    The seamoth is the most lethal weapon in the game..I've killed so much on accident :'(

Fixed. At least as it stands true for me... so many fishies go blap out of negligence of the pilot to check around him while strafing.

• RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    LeftyLike wrote: »
    "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully" :*

The seamoth is the most lethal weapon in the game..I've killed so much. :'(

I'm actually fine with them not adding more lethal weapons, as long as there is a reason for there not being any in the game.
    "You get a stasis rifle, no killing the local fauna"

That said..he can make a nuclear reactor..

Since i started playing this game, i could not possibly count the exact amount of poor innocent fish ive rammed to death with my trusty Seamoth

the Seamoth is a transportation machine
    but ive killed hundreds of fish with it
    does this makes the Seamoth an OP weapunnn?

YUSHHH, it does! :smiley:
  • DehpcDehpc Great Britain, Hextable Join Date: 2016-05-25 Member: 217496Members
    You guys want a weapon that isnt OP?
    Handheld torpedo launcher that uses seamoth/exosuit torpedoes.
    Done
  • ADankMemeADankMeme Join Date: 2016-11-14 Member: 223860Members
    i agree with a kind of spear weapon. but i think it would have to trade range and damage for speed. having a long ranged quick use weapon could easily keep enemies from reaching you with ease. so i think that it should have about 3/4 the speed of a knife, or 3/5.
  • HiSaZuLHiSaZuL N.Y. Join Date: 2016-11-11 Member: 223803Members
    This is like multiplayer no matter how many fucking times even devs say no... it just keeps getting asked over and bloody over again.

You have plenty of ways to kill things, knife, stasis, propulsion, repulsion, torpedos, GRAPLING HOOK something and then punch it to death with claw arm or drill it to death, breed crash fish and use them with propulsion canon as a makeshift rocket launcher... applies to just about everything you can lift with propulsion including more creative things like floaters, dna injections blah blah blah...

In my first run with this game I died only ONCE from being attacked by wildlife and it was thanks to a reaper that flew from the ground. Now I suffocated to death plenty of times.
    If you folks put even 1% of effort you put into asking the same blasted thing over and over again you would have killed what ever it is that you wanted to kill a thousand times over.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/264710/discussions/0/523897653306355954/?ctp=2#c523897653307669477
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/264710/discussions/0/523897653306355954/?ctp=4#c523897653313623497

I killed enough sand sharks and stalkers with nothing but plain survival knife that I could build a damn castle out of their bones. If you people can't use tools that are given to you in creative way you would have died in that world 5 minutes later. Having a "gun" wouldn't help.

Guns don't kill people, people do. While it holds the meaning that guns don't randomly jump up and blow someone face off... you can also look at it from the... if you give a gun to a clumsy idiot he won't be able to fend off a crippled deranged 90 year old woman.
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    HiSaZuL wrote: »
    This is like multiplayer no matter how many fucking times even devs say no... it just keeps getting asked over and bloody over again.

Agreed and also, language!
  • FocusedWolfFocusedWolf Join Date: 2005-01-09 Member: 34258Members
    I'd like a way to upgrade my flashlight to a handgun + flashlight. I need something that doesn't take up a lot of inventory room but allows for short range repulsion, i.e. something smaller then the stasis rifle for when the worst i will encounter is a squid or shark, but also more utilitarian because i can use it as a flashlight as well.
  • peeper_reaperpeeper_reaper Join Date: 2016-11-15 Member: 223881Members
    I think a new weapon would have to be something that has a different use than a weapon such as the stasis rifle being used for dangerous situations or the propulsion cannon for mineing
  • JBmysterygamer3JBmysterygamer3 Join Date: 2016-11-17 Member: 224006Members
    Perhaps with the whole precursors coming into play there be like an upgrad
    Tuuku wrote: »
    I dont think we should have guns, but to say we dont new any new weapons is ridiculous. im sure by now most of us understand the "davs say no gunz"... but weapon does not mean a gun, i honestly dont like guns in survial games, i feel like it ruins the survival part and makes everything too easy and it removes from the survival aspect of the game. Melee weapons that are not purely offensive but can also be used defensively... honestly the best thing would be a spear, its extremely versatile in offense as well as defense, it doubles as a harvesting tool and possibly a shepherding tool if we ever gain the ability to tame any of the wildlife.

Instead of adding guns have it where you find upgrades in the precursor bases to increase firepower to the stasis rifle,propulsion cannon, and maybe the knife (lol like from knife to sword
  • gutlessgravygutlessgravy usa florda Join Date: 2016-11-04 Member: 223664Members
    just add a survival weapon. and get it over with

• TigerTankSniperTigerTankSniper Join Date: 2016-01-20 Member: 211735Members
    How about a hand held torpedo launcher (it would use the seamoth torpedoes) that kind of a weapon and it would be useful against reapers and other large animals and you wouldn't need to destroy your seamoth.

Anyone like the idea?
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    How about a hand held torpedo launcher (it would use the seamoth torpedoes) that kind of a weapon and it would be useful against reapers and other large animals and you wouldn't need to destroy your seamoth.

Anyone like the idea?

Probably should be a shoulder-mounted two-hand operated deal if they did this. Like so:
    hp.jpg
  • ICirceIICirceI Join Date: 2016-11-27 Member: 224267Members
    edited November 2016
    I have never found the need for anything more than the knife and I only play on Hardcore. The knife is capable of fending of everything, excluding the Leviathans, but that is what vehicles are for. A long time ago I made the other weapons just to try them out, but they mostly seem like joke weapons, especially the repulsion cannon.

Really, if everyone keeps trying to get OP weapons put into the game, all that is needed is for the construction tool to be able to target living things. If something like that were to exist in real life, it would only be a software issue that it could not target living things.
  • DragonNoir0DragonNoir0 Québec Join Date: 2016-11-27 Member: 224302Members
    Hey guys, I got an idea, and did a thread about it too, but I'll also drop it here just to be sure since it is THE thread.

So here's the idea : Why not a tranquilizer? Just as for other guns it'll need to get fragments. It could be used to neutralize hostile threat for a certain time. Maybe for close range, so it doesn't eleminate danger right away. The context would be it put small fishes asleep (same animation as death, but temporary), and to put predators in a ''pacific'' state (same rule as for the ''invisible'' command, but temporary again), it wouldn't affect big pacific fishes. Would be simple to implement as well.

That doesn't take out the threat, while giving the player a way to defend himself for a moment. That could be the mitigate way.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    I have resigned myself to accepting that no weapons ever ever.
    This doesn't mean I can't think up ideas. In the spirit that the devs don't want us going around Duke Nukem-ing everything, most of them are defensive based.

1. Flora
    >Domesticated Tiger Plant
    I see a lot of potential in the Tiger Plant as a defensive emplacement. Only problem is, when you grow one from a wild Tiger Plant seed, it is hostile to you as well. Which is why I suggest that growing a Tiger Plant using Sea Treader Dung would make it more docile, lowering its firing rate, but keeping it from attacking the player, allowing it to be used as a very basic biological turret. High rate of fire, low damage, low accuracy

>Spine Tentacle
    A concept for the Lost River biome, a large, tentacle-like carnivorous plant that swings and stabs the end of its sharp stem at anything that gets near. In the same manner as the Domesticated Tiger Plant, growing it in a bed with Sea Treader Dung would make it docile, but lower its attack capability. Melee attack, average attack speed.

>Spore Launcher
    Another concept I had for the Lost River or Ghost Forest, the Spore Launcher would be a mutant Acid Mushroom, which has evolved a mechanism to launch its highly acidic spores in order to reproduce, defend itself, and fertilize itself by killing creatures and letting their bodies decompose into the soil. Would come in Acid Shroom and Deep Shroom flavors. Long range, slow rate of fire, lingering acid damage.

>Needle Thicket
    A hardy, solid rose bush like plant made of many, many spiky branches grown into a thick, tall thicket. Creatures (And players) are injured on contact with the Needle Thicket, making it an effective barricade. Makes a sturdy wall when grown next to one another.

2. Turrets
    >Torpedo Turret
    A Torpedo system mounted to a robotic turret. Comes pre-loaded with 2x Vortex Torpedoes, but can be loaded with any type of torpedo. Uses Scanner data to target creatures, allowing you to select specific targets you wish to defend against. Runs off of Base power. Has 4 barrels for 4 total torpedoes.

>Gravity Turret
    Basically a Current Generator/Repulsion Gun mounted to a robotic turret. Will activate automatically whenever a large enough creature draws near, then use part of your base's power to gently shoo them away with a strong, gravity powered current blast. Like the Torpedo Turret, uses Scanner data to defend against specific threats.

>Propulsion Turret
    A Propulsion Cannon mounted to a robotic turret. Can use any item as ammo. Ammo is loaded into a storage compartment inside the seabase it is attached to. Can fire any item, including other creatures. So you can make it a gun that shoots Peepers at other Peepers. Runs off of Base Power. Uses Scanner Data to target specific creatures.

>Stasis Turret
    A more powerful Stasis rifle mounted to a robotic turret. Instead of a slow moving ball, it fires an instantaneous laser which explodes into a stasis containment field on impact, instantly immobilizing the target. Runs off of base power. Uses Scanner Data to target creatures.

3. Mines
    >"Blinker" Strobe Flash Mine
    A floating mine made up of little more than a beacon with several flashlights attached. Will flash aggressively when a creature approaches, startling those sensitive to light, like Peepers, or Bone Sharks. Runs off of a Power Cell. Requires Peeper and Mesmer Data

>"Beeper" Sonic Mine
    A floating sonic mine that regularly emits a subsonic pulse to keep creatures at bay. Emits a low, deep "Boom" and creates a visual pulsating effect in the water around it. Runs off of a Power Cell, located on its underside. Requires Reefback and Bone Shark Data

>"Mjolnir" Shock Mine
    A floating electric mine that releases a powerful energy burst whenever a creature comes near. Powerful, but has a long recharge time and a limited number of charges, making it more useful as a last line of defense. Runs off of a Power Cell. Requires Ampeel and Sand Shark Data

>"Stinker" Gas Mine
    Using a mechanism similar to the one on a Gasopod's buttocks, generates and releases several poisonous Gas Pods that burst after a short time, creating a dense poison cloud. Runs off a Power Cell. Requires Gasopod and Stalker Data

>"Faker" Predatory Impersonation Mine
    A sneaky little device that can scare off almost any creature without fail by mimicking the loud roar of a Reaper Leviathan. Requires a special Data Download "Monster" from one of the crashed lifepods as well as the Beeper Mine blueprint. WARNING: Might attract other Reaper Leviathans or even LARGER predators.

4. Torpedoes
    >Volt Torpedo
    A torpedo equipped with a battery to release a low power electric pulse to stun creatures, or to motivate them to leave the area when caught in its blast radius.

>Dazzle Torpedo
    A Torpedo loaded with Titanium, Magnesium, and Crash Powder to create a dazzling white sparkle effect, luring creatures that are attracted to shiny things (Stalkers, Bone Sharks, Crab Squids) Creatures lured to the effect may fight over the rights to the dazzling shiny thing.

>Drill Torpedo
    A reinforced Torpedo with a powerful drill head to bore into rock and break down resources from a distance, allowing a Seamoth to perform mining operations on large resource nodes. Does not explode, but instead pushes against its target as it digs in.

>Chum Torpedo
    A torpedo loaded with minced fish meat (Namely a handful of Peepers) that explodes into a cloud of chunky red salsa, attracting predators from long range. Predators may fight each other over the meal.

5. SeaBase Modules
    >Security Room
    A reinforced structure with an integrated database of all Scanner data, as well as an interface for remote controlling Turrets installed on the base, similar to the Scanning room and its Camera Drones. Interface can be used to set Turret parameters on an individual basis. When controlling a Turret, use the Mouse to aim, and the mouse wheel to switch turrets on the fly.

>Tool Rack
    A simple, wall mounted tool rack for displaying your trusty equipment. Not really specifically for security purposes, but can hold almost any tool, including security implements like Stasis Rifles and Propulsion Guns, out in the open for quick retrieval when a threat approaches.

>Scanner Room "Threat Detection Module"
    An upgrade for the Scanner Room that allows it to detect and highlight hostile creatures the same way it does resources.

6. Player Equipment
    >Portable Torpedo Launcher
    A large, single tube man-portable Torpedo Launcher that can fire any type of Torpedo. Hit R while holding the Launcher to open the its interface and reload or swap out its current torpedo. Player stops moving for a second in order to fire the Launcher. Slows player Swim speed and causes them to sink when it is held out.

>Boneshark Gauntlet
    Made from the harvested hide of a Bone Shark. This tough arm wrapping acts as a Bite Sleeve, mitigating damage from shark attacks, allowing you to escape or retaliate. Would replace the Gloves slot, so it can not be worn in radioactive areas. Would only protect against shark attacks coming from the front, and would play an animation where the shark bites down on the arm, and then backs off or gets punched in the nose. The Bone Shark Gauntlet is unlocked after scanning a Bone Shark in the wild, and hatching a baby in an Alien Containment unit. You can then gather Bone Shark Plates from hitting a dead Bone shark with a knife. Crafting recipe requires 3 Bone Shark Plates, 2 Fiber mesh, and 1 Bleach.

>Sandshark Armor
    The light, flexible plates harvested from a Sandshark make a remarkable armored diving suit that offers greater protection at no cost to agility. Offers 75% greater damage resistance to creature attacks, but no bonus to things like volcanic vent damage, Ampeel attacks, or Gasopod poison. Unlocked after scanning a Sandshark in the wild, and hatching a baby Sandshark in an Alien Containment unit. Gather Sandshark plates the same way you would Bone shark plates. Crafting requires 3 Sandshark plates, 2 Fiber Mesh, 2 Silicone Rubber, 1 Bleach, and 1 Titanium.

• danny2334danny2334 Join Date: 2016-11-10 Member: 223796Members
    I had an idea for like a prawn suit like heatblade (or heatblade sword) arm
  • wowwinkwowwink Merica Join Date: 2016-12-05 Member: 224596Members
    How about a gun that sucks up crashes, gasspod things, and bleeders. Crashes explode on contact, gasspods do the gass thing. And bleeders bleed on to the animal on them. Maybe also floters to, you guessed it make thing float.
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    wowwink wrote: »
    How about a gun that sucks up crashes, gasspod things, and bleeders. Crashes explode on contact, gasspods do the gass thing. And bleeders bleed on to the animal on them. Maybe also floters to, you guessed it make thing float.

so sort of like this piece of concept art?
    e6w8jsffdtwh.jpg
    edited December 2016
    Alright, we get it. No Guns. Is a spear a gun? NO!!! It should only work as a longer/throwable knife!
    No it is a cool idea , hater

e6w8jsffdtwh.jpg

Yep like that
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members

e6w8jsffdtwh.jpg

This would be so tits but we already have it with the Propulsion Cannon.

You can already breed Crashes and use them as missiles.
  • LewsLews Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224410Members
    Hey,
    Actually, the piece of weaponry I lack the most is a repulsive of some kind. It's not a gun, it's pretty non-lethal, but it would be very convenient to have something tomake the smaller predators stay away from my base. Optionnaly, from my seamoth/Cyclops, because having to ram into a shark to motivate him to get away can get old, and avoid killing all those pretty and nice fishies by accident.

(Though I'd take a floater-killing device any day of the week. I hate those cyclops breaking balls of goo.)
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    edited December 2016
    Actually, the piece of weaponry I lack the most is a repulsive of some kind. It's not a gun, it's pretty non-lethal, but it would be very convenient to have something tomake the smaller predators stay away from my base. Optionnaly, from my seamoth/Cyclops, because having to ram into a shark to motivate him to get away can get old, and avoid killing all those pretty and nice fishies by accident.

Yeah, I can agree with that addition. I'd personally like to see for the concept of the current generator to be turned into a handheld gun for early gameplay and into a base addition for later gameplay.

e6w8jsffdtwh.jpg

This would be so tits but we already have it with the Propulsion Cannon.

You can already breed Crashes and use them as missiles.
    Thanks but I have Xbox, can crashes be missles on xbox
    I have resigned myself to accepting that no weapons ever ever.
    This doesn't mean I can't think up ideas. In the spirit that the devs don't want us going around Duke Nukem-ing everything, most of them are defensive based.

1. Flora
    >Domesticated Tiger Plant
    I see a lot of potential in the Tiger Plant as a defensive emplacement. Only problem is, when you grow one from a wild Tiger Plant seed, it is hostile to you as well. Which is why I suggest that growing a Tiger Plant using Sea Treader Dung would make it more docile, lowering its firing rate, but keeping it from attacking the player, allowing it to be used as a very basic biological turret. High rate of fire, low damage, low accuracy

>Spine Tentacle
    A concept for the Lost River biome, a large, tentacle-like carnivorous plant that swings and stabs the end of its sharp stem at anything that gets near. In the same manner as the Domesticated Tiger Plant, growing it in a bed with Sea Treader Dung would make it docile, but lower its attack capability. Melee attack, average attack speed.

>Spore Launcher
    Another concept I had for the Lost River or Ghost Forest, the Spore Launcher would be a mutant Acid Mushroom, which has evolved a mechanism to launch its highly acidic spores in order to reproduce, defend itself, and fertilize itself by killing creatures and letting their bodies decompose into the soil. Would come in Acid Shroom and Deep Shroom flavors. Long range, slow rate of fire, lingering acid damage.

>Needle Thicket
    A hardy, solid rose bush like plant made of many, many spiky branches grown into a thick, tall thicket. Creatures (And players) are injured on contact with the Needle Thicket, making it an effective barricade. Makes a sturdy wall when grown next to one another.

2. Turrets
    >Torpedo Turret
    A Torpedo system mounted to a robotic turret. Comes pre-loaded with 2x Vortex Torpedoes, but can be loaded with any type of torpedo. Uses Scanner data to target creatures, allowing you to select specific targets you wish to defend against. Runs off of Base power. Has 4 barrels for 4 total torpedoes.

>Gravity Turret
    Basically a Current Generator/Repulsion Gun mounted to a robotic turret. Will activate automatically whenever a large enough creature draws near, then use part of your base's power to gently shoo them away with a strong, gravity powered current blast. Like the Torpedo Turret, uses Scanner data to defend against specific threats.

>Propulsion Turret
    A Propulsion Cannon mounted to a robotic turret. Can use any item as ammo. Ammo is loaded into a storage compartment inside the seabase it is attached to. Can fire any item, including other creatures. So you can make it a gun that shoots Peepers at other Peepers. Runs off of Base Power. Uses Scanner Data to target specific creatures.

>Stasis Turret
    A more powerful Stasis rifle mounted to a robotic turret. Instead of a slow moving ball, it fires an instantaneous laser which explodes into a stasis containment field on impact, instantly immobilizing the target. Runs off of base power. Uses Scanner Data to target creatures.

3. Mines
    >"Blinker" Strobe Flash Mine
    A floating mine made up of little more than a beacon with several flashlights attached. Will flash aggressively when a creature approaches, startling those sensitive to light, like Peepers, or Bone Sharks. Runs off of a Power Cell. Requires Peeper and Mesmer Data

>"Beeper" Sonic Mine
    A floating sonic mine that regularly emits a subsonic pulse to keep creatures at bay. Emits a low, deep "Boom" and creates a visual pulsating effect in the water around it. Runs off of a Power Cell, located on its underside. Requires Reefback and Bone Shark Data

>"Mjolnir" Shock Mine
    A floating electric mine that releases a powerful energy burst whenever a creature comes near. Powerful, but has a long recharge time and a limited number of charges, making it more useful as a last line of defense. Runs off of a Power Cell. Requires Ampeel and Sand Shark Data

>"Stinker" Gas Mine
    Using a mechanism similar to the one on a Gasopod's buttocks, generates and releases several poisonous Gas Pods that burst after a short time, creating a dense poison cloud. Runs off a Power Cell. Requires Gasopod and Stalker Data

>"Faker" Predatory Impersonation Mine
    A sneaky little device that can scare off almost any creature without fail by mimicking the loud roar of a Reaper Leviathan. Requires a special Data Download "Monster" from one of the crashed lifepods as well as the Beeper Mine blueprint. WARNING: Might attract other Reaper Leviathans or even LARGER predators.

4. Torpedoes
    >Volt Torpedo
    A torpedo equipped with a battery to release a low power electric pulse to stun creatures, or to motivate them to leave the area when caught in its blast radius.

>Dazzle Torpedo
    A Torpedo loaded with Titanium, Magnesium, and Crash Powder to create a dazzling white sparkle effect, luring creatures that are attracted to shiny things (Stalkers, Bone Sharks, Crab Squids) Creatures lured to the effect may fight over the rights to the dazzling shiny thing.

>Drill Torpedo
    A reinforced Torpedo with a powerful drill head to bore into rock and break down resources from a distance, allowing a Seamoth to perform mining operations on large resource nodes. Does not explode, but instead pushes against its target as it digs in.

>Chum Torpedo
    A torpedo loaded with minced fish meat (Namely a handful of Peepers) that explodes into a cloud of chunky red salsa, attracting predators from long range. Predators may fight each other over the meal.

5. SeaBase Modules
    >Security Room
    A reinforced structure with an integrated database of all Scanner data, as well as an interface for remote controlling Turrets installed on the base, similar to the Scanning room and its Camera Drones. Interface can be used to set Turret parameters on an individual basis. When controlling a Turret, use the Mouse to aim, and the mouse wheel to switch turrets on the fly.

>Tool Rack
    A simple, wall mounted tool rack for displaying your trusty equipment. Not really specifically for security purposes, but can hold almost any tool, including security implements like Stasis Rifles and Propulsion Guns, out in the open for quick retrieval when a threat approaches.

>Scanner Room "Threat Detection Module"
    An upgrade for the Scanner Room that allows it to detect and highlight hostile creatures the same way it does resources.

6. Player Equipment
    >Portable Torpedo Launcher
    A large, single tube man-portable Torpedo Launcher that can fire any type of Torpedo. Hit R while holding the Launcher to open the its interface and reload or swap out its current torpedo. Player stops moving for a second in order to fire the Launcher. Slows player Swim speed and causes them to sink when it is held out.

>Boneshark Gauntlet
    Made from the harvested hide of a Bone Shark. This tough arm wrapping acts as a Bite Sleeve, mitigating damage from shark attacks, allowing you to escape or retaliate. Would replace the Gloves slot, so it can not be worn in radioactive areas. Would only protect against shark attacks coming from the front, and would play an animation where the shark bites down on the arm, and then backs off or gets punched in the nose. The Bone Shark Gauntlet is unlocked after scanning a Bone Shark in the wild, and hatching a baby in an Alien Containment unit. You can then gather Bone Shark Plates from hitting a dead Bone shark with a knife. Crafting recipe requires 3 Bone Shark Plates, 2 Fiber mesh, and 1 Bleach.

>Sandshark Armor
    The light, flexible plates harvested from a Sandshark make a remarkable armored diving suit that offers greater protection at no cost to agility. Offers 75% greater damage resistance to creature attacks, but no bonus to things like volcanic vent damage, Ampeel attacks, or Gasopod poison. Unlocked after scanning a Sandshark in the wild, and hatching a baby Sandshark in an Alien Containment unit. Gather Sandshark plates the same way you would Bone shark plates. Crafting requires 3 Sandshark plates, 2 Fiber Mesh, 2 Silicone Rubber, 1 Bleach, and 1 Titanium.

Cool ideas but how's about like a bone shark that you can ride, that would be so cool
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    DrownedOut wrote: »

Yeah, I can agree with that addition. I'd personally like to see for the concept of the current generator to be turned into a handheld gun for early gameplay and into a base addition for later gameplay.

This would be SO AWESOME. I 101% support this idea
  • igotsthis2210igotsthis2210 Join Date: 2019-01-04 Member: 248026Members
    Freeman79 wrote: »
    We already have the stasis rifle and the repulsion cannon, more powerful weapons would make the game way to easy, this game is about surviving, not blowing the crap out of the sea.

Now that is funny! Imagine Captain Kirk saying that, too funny haha! "blowing the crap out of the sea" hahah.

• GryphonGryphon England Join Date: 2019-01-09 Member: 248445Members
    I don't think even a spear would work. Use your damn intelligence, instead of butchering beasts. Weapons get boring quick. Aside from a gameplay point of view, it wouldn't work for lore either. When you first make the survival knife, the PDA says that due to some massacre aboard a ship, all weapons were taken off the fabricators (with the exception of the knife). That would also include the modification station etc. So how would you even make the weapon?
  • AC_AwesomeCraftAC_AwesomeCraft USA Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245501Members
    I agree with everyone who says that more weapons, lethal or not, are a bad idea. I do not stand with you.