Glass roof

124»

Comments

• dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    sabin77 wrote: »
    any word on dev opinion on glass roofs.

sigh...
    Any word from the dev.

You gotta chill out. This probably isn't high on the priority list.
    Ralij wrote: »
    They're buried pretty deep in getting the story, lost river, and lava zones working so it'll be a bit until they can get around to quality of life stuff again I'd imagine.
    Ralij wrote: »
    They're buried pretty deep in getting the story, lost river, and lava zones working so it'll be a bit until they can get around to quality of life stuff again I'd imagine.

true but they could give a yes or no on this matter.

Even an answer isn't high on their priority list, nor should it be. This is a pretty insignificant thing, and I'd be surprised if they answered anytime soon.
    jpinard wrote: »
    Sabin - you have to understand how game development works. I'm sure hey looked at that and said, "ohhh nice we'd like to do that!" But they can't say "yes" because they have to finish all their other work first and it may not make it into the game. And if they say "No" then people can be disappointed and wonder why developers won't go the extra mile. If they pay a bunch of attention and don't say either way, and there are nasty bigs in next version people would say, why were you wasting time looking at future stuff not critical to the game while letting all these gamebreaking bugs in". At this stage of the game unless they'd already designed it, this can just be a lose-lose for them to comment on.

And maybe... a pioneering modder could add it to the game, and they would not want to dissuade someone from trying it themselves with a maybe answer. The idea though is beautiful.
    BENSKI wrote: »
    xry6ira1v06q.png

Seriously @sabin77, don't be so pushy. It's not fair for the developers.

The ball is in their court now. Have some patience.

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
  • sabin77sabin77 edmonton Join Date: 2015-08-12 Member: 207081Members
    edited November 2016
    Oh someone please think of the glass domes
    p658gf63pb33.jpg
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    @sabin77 I appreciate that you're really passionate about this particular suggestion. But repeatedly bumping this thread won't have any impact - one way or another - on whether glass roofs become implemented in Subnautica.

*LOCKED*
This discussion has been closed.