Creature noise sliders

FirancilFirancil Join Date: 2016-11-08 Member: 223739Members
Lets be honest, if you have a base set up anywhere near the reefbacks your base is going to be filled with their beautiful noises. They're really loud, and after hours of listening to them get quite annoying as well, so how about an option within the PDA Fauna section to choose and lower scanned creatures ambient noise levels? You can set it to a level that's nice and calm without lowering all the volume in the game and risk being attacked by an actual threat like a reaper because you couldn't hear it.

Not a very big game changing suggestion, just something for those players who find some creatures a bit too loud, though you could be a bit mean with it and make it so in hardcore mode that reapers were always muted just to scare the crap out of people when a reaper RKO's them from outta nowhere in their seamoth. Ignore that last bit though, that's cruel and unusual.

Side note from a realistic perspective, shouldn't Alterra have the multipurpose room blueprint build in to the PDA? I mean the current way to get the multipurpose room in build 40062 is to find it yourself and scan it and that just seems like bad design from a lore perspective. Assuming you crash on a desert planet and have to keep yourself alive until help arrives possibly years from now, it seems kind of like a bad idea to have one of the most useful buildings for colonising and surviving not to be built in to the PDA seeing as there's a chance the planet you crashed on has never been populated, and thus you could never get access to the multipurpose room since there is no multipurpose room to scan, making survival harder since you have less reliable space within a base for growing food and such.

Just my 2 cents on that.

Comments

• RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    Firancil wrote: »
    Lets be honest, if you have a base set up anywhere near the reefbacks your base is going to be filled with their beautiful noises. They're really loud, and after hours of listening to them get quite annoying as well, so how about an option within the PDA Fauna section to choose and lower scanned creatures ambient noise levels? You can set it to a level that's nice and calm without lowering all the volume in the game and risk being attacked by an actual threat like a reaper because you couldn't hear it.

Not a very big game changing suggestion, just something for those players who find some creatures a bit too loud, though you could be a bit mean with it and make it so in hardcore mode that reapers were always muted just to scare the crap out of people when a reaper RKO's them from outta nowhere in their seamoth. Ignore that last bit though, that's cruel and unusual.

Side note from a realistic perspective, shouldn't Alterra have the multipurpose room blueprint build in to the PDA? I mean the current way to get the multipurpose room in build 40062 is to find it yourself and scan it and that just seems like bad design from a lore perspective. Assuming you crash on a desert planet and have to keep yourself alive until help arrives possibly years from now, it seems kind of like a bad idea to have one of the most useful buildings for colonising and surviving not to be built in to the PDA seeing as there's a chance the planet you crashed on has never been populated, and thus you could never get access to the multipurpose room since there is no multipurpose room to scan, making survival harder since you have less reliable space within a base for growing food and such.

Just my 2 cents on that.

Agree with the music/audio sliders.

As for the Multipurpose Room thing.... The in-world logic behind that - the last I checked, unless something's changed lately - was your PDA database or something having been corrupted, and so there's missing / damaged files when you boot it up for the first time upon regaining control in your lifepod at the start of the game.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    If that's the case then they should also allow you to have the MP room when you go to the Aurora and download the data from the terminal that says it 'found corruption' on your PDA and fixed it (it may actually work like this; I don't know, because by the time I have the propulsion cannon to get to the Aurora, I've gone to the floating island).
  • FirancilFirancil Join Date: 2016-11-08 Member: 223739Members
    Ah, corruption does make sense, though if that's the case for the player PDA then wouldn't the other discarded PDA's still have that data? It's not like all of them will be corrupted with the same missing blueprints and they do give the player data. If anything blurprints on the PDA should be transferable to other local PDA's in the case of such a corruption, just find another survivor or their discarded PDA and receive the blueprints stored on the device.

Though thinking of it that way, there's usually a lifepod in the general area by wrecks, thus a PDA nearby all wrecks. Would save a lot of time scanning the small base objects if you just had to find a PDA with the blueprint data on it. Just have the better blueprint PDA's in much more dangerous areas to keep progression somewhat natural, though not all blueprints should be found through the PDA that way, then the game would just be jumping from PDA to PDA and that's no fun. Vehicle fragments for example are already scattered around the map and not just near wrecks or PDA's and are fun to look for. So maybe sea vehicles and the various P.R.A.W.N suit arm upgrades being found around the map and inside wrecks stays the same and more survival essential blueprints be found through other survivors discarded PDA's?