Are y'all still hiring Voice Actors?

04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
What is says on the tin.

I'd love to provide some voice work to the game.

I'm a freaking greenhorn newbie so I'm super duper cheap ;)

Comments

• subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    Speaking from a purely conceptual viewpoint (I don't actually know what your voice sounds like :tongue:), that would be awesome if they had a forum user and fan voice act a segment. That'd be like, the ultimate move of being responsive to their fanbase.

P.S. I just looked on their website, says they're not hiring right now. :disappointed:. Best to try everything though, right?
  • FluffersFluffers United States Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204749Members
    edited November 2016
    If I had a really good mic I'd volunteer my voice for free. I have a pretty long history in doing amateur voice work, and one of my biggest hobbies has always been doing accents, impressions and trying to produce all kinds of unique voices. I took forensics (basically drama but instead of putting on shows in your town you compete with other schools at competitions) in highschool and have always loved reading things as a character or doing dramatic readings.

Unfortunately the best microphone I have is a 2 dollar lapel mic that I clip to my headphones, lol.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I'm sad to not see/hear samples up in here :open_mouth:
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Yeah, just throw them up on MediaFire or something and link here.

And don't let a cheap mic stop you, I'm sure you can tell good voice acting over a terrible mic.
  • maximo101maximo101 Australia Join Date: 2016-10-27 Member: 223413Members
    Even just record your voice with a smart phone, then save the file and upload?
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Great idea, the mic on your smart phone is probably a lot higher quality than a really cheap computer mic. Also if you have a webcam (laptop) then you probably have a halfway decent mic with it.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    I mean if you guys really want to hear I can post some samples tomorrow.
    Though I'm not at all expecting anything to come from it apart from entertaining you schmucks. :)
  • ShuryCZShuryCZ Czech Republic Join Date: 2015-07-07 Member: 206047Members
    edited November 2016
    I own a studio microphone and have experience to use it well (EQ, compression etc.). I would record anything for free, lol, I would overload with happiness :D
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I mean if you guys really want to hear I can post some samples tomorrow.
    Though I'm not at all expecting anything to come from it apart from entertaining you schmucks. :)

I am deeply offended, I prefer to be addressed as schlemiel