Bones Update question: Any Cyclops improvements?

harrzackharrzack United States Join Date: 2016-09-11 Member: 222250Members
I can't get to game for a bit and am REALLY hoping for some fixes on the Cyclops camera-views, and general driving... Anybody tried it yet?

Comments

• harrzackharrzack United States Join Date: 2016-09-11 Member: 222250Members
    Well - have to answer my own question: Nope - no fixes! The camera views are still the same. Bummer.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    What is wrong with the cyclops camera views?
    @Myrm: The camera views in the Cyclops are cluttered with "how-to-use" text which is really unnecessary - or could be put elsewhere. Once in a camera view - you lose touch with the world - no depth info, no health info. It really appears to be a development version of the idea, and I certainly hope the release (or better still - next update!) will be much better.

The method of switching cameras is pretty clunky as well. I (and others) have suggested that the 5 hot-buttons (normally for inventory) be switched to camera controls once you begin piloting the Cyclops.

I'd also like the HUD concept to be not used - it clutters the view far too much - this isn't a speeding jet fighter here - we CAN afford to take our eyes away from the center of the screen and look at a control panel/strip at the bottom of the screen. There is plenty of real estate at the bottom of the screen in which a complete set of "gauges" or displays could show a ton of info - and leave the main (beautiful!) view intact. I'd like to see the compass, coordinates, depth, depth-beneath-keel, power, health and anything else useful displayed in such a manner. Probably the same (of slightly modified) design could be used in the Seamoth - minus the camera controls.

• MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    That's odd, I have never seen any "how to use" text when piloting the cyclops. :|
    When you select the camera views by clicking on the big camera icon on the left - the screen changes to a camera view. Where the Compass readout is, at the top of the screen, there are the instructions about "aswd" - etc. Also there is a useless rectangle - I guess to simulate the view of a camcorder... and a red "record" LED... all unnecessary and they just get in the way of an otherwise COOL view.
    Myrm wrote: »
    That's odd, I have never seen any "how to use" text when piloting the cyclops. :|

• WaviestBow6WaviestBow6 Join Date: 2016-06-05 Member: 218131Members
    Haven't noticed that either..... Anyways this is a little off topic but..... What is this?

65ehe6lc9ymf.png
  • WaviestBow6WaviestBow6 Join Date: 2016-06-05 Member: 218131Members
    Last time I checked the player never speaks....
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    Haven't noticed that either..... Anyways this is a little off topic but..... What is this?
    65ehe6lc9ymf.png

It's the mesmers. You have no IDEA how profane they are. It's really an issue.
    :smile: