[BUG] So I seem to have lost my escape pod.

FrigidmanFrigidman USA Join Date: 2016-09-25 Member: 222587Members
I loaded up my game (live build), and noticed my escape pod is way way west of me. I try to putter out to it in my seamoth, only to find I am still not seeing it, and still heading west. I'm pretty much over nothing now, and still the pod is nowhere to be reached.

Hmm.

Is there a fix for this bug to return it to where it belongs?

Comments

• MrRoarkeMrRoarke Join Date: 2016-05-16 Member: 216830Members
    This phenomenon has come and gone over several updates. It seems mostly that the lifepod waits until you've built a base and then drifts off forever. I believe this is intentional. It is at least regularly occurring, to the point that that I've learned to build enough outside storage to clean out the lifepod storage, and have enough components on hand to build a base segment, solar panel, and fabricator in one go before laying any of it down so that I don't lose anything in the lifepod. Even welding up the broken panel inside the lifepod doesn't make it stick around.
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    According to trello this is an open issue. I think they thought they fixed it with the August release, but it looks like it may not be completely squashed.
  • FrigidmanFrigidman USA Join Date: 2016-09-25 Member: 222587Members
    Hm. I generally would not care if not for:

I had all my 'signals' stored in it..... could be eliminated if data signals were simply stored in the PDA somewhere other than 'inventory' items.

I used its blinking icon to denote 'home base'...... could be eliminated if our base had a beacon attached to it without relying on a floating beacon.

Live n learn ;)
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    That's why I always put a beacon beside any base I build. Even if it's near the life pod.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I guess you could say :trollface:

Your escape pod escaped...

• SilveressaSilveressa USA Join Date: 2015-03-18 Member: 202279Members
    I've found this often occurs if you build the base underneath the escape pod, if you build it a distance off (50m+) then this doesn't seem to occur.

I think when the save/cell loads it detects the base in the same location of the escape pod, and since the pod is a mobile object it randomly relocates it somewhere "safe."