Aluminum Oxide!?!?

whobottwhobott Join Date: 2015-03-15 Member: 202193Members
I really really need aluminum oxide but I CAN NOT find it, I have been to the grand reef, sparse reef, sea treaders path. Cant find it anywhere, anybody know where I could find it?

Comments

• SqueekyCheeseSqueekyCheese WA Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217023Members
    It's for sure in the Grand Reef. Bright white almost glowing. Turn your lights off maybe? (If you have any on). I find it's easier to see that way.
  • SansTheSkelebroSansTheSkelebro Italy Join Date: 2016-04-27 Member: 216071Members
    I'm pretty sure there isn't any in the Sparse Reef. Also, it's really strange that you're not finding it... If it's a bug, I've never seen anything like it before. :/ Here's a picture in case you were confused and you thought it looked different from what it actually looks like. e9h76faf0jm6.jpg
    Also remember you can't find it in Outcrops. Other than that I don't really know how to help you.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    I've found it in the Floating Islands as well.
    B)
  • TotalologistTotalologist Norwich, UK. Join Date: 2016-04-05 Member: 215379Members
    I can confirm both grand reef and sea treaders path on stable at least. Usually on walls / cliffs. I can't recall finding any on the floor though that may just be co-incidence.
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    I've only ever seen it on the walls that I remember.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    @whobott you want to look on the cliff face in the grand reef. If you're not spotting them, try slowing down - it may be a pop-in related issue. They're not super common, but you should be able to find more than enough.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    I found a few near the northern wreck in the rand reef, and by a heat vent a good swim off. If you've found mercury ore, it can be easy to confuse the two, with their similar size and appearance. Mercury is more bluish, while Aluminum is white like quartz. Also, Mercury often seems to be imbedded deeper, with some crystals of each ore barely breaking the surface of the rock.
  • whobottwhobott Join Date: 2015-03-15 Member: 202193Members
    Awesome, thanks so much for the help, I found tons of mercury so maybe I mistook the two, ill go look there again. Thanks! :)