I'd Like To Help Everyone

P4R4D0X1C4LP4R4D0X1C4L Louisiana, USA Join Date: 2016-10-13 Member: 223086Members
So I'm new to the forums but I'm not new to the game. I'm very passionate about Subnautica, and I want to do everything I can to help anyone, whether it be the devs or other players, with this new game. If anybody needs a second opinion, has a glitch and wants to test if its just them, or anything really, I'm your guy. So awesome to be on the forums finally. Lemme know if I can help you!

Comments

• yomamayomama On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members
    I'm moving next weekend. Can you help?
  • P4R4D0X1C4LP4R4D0X1C4L Louisiana, USA Join Date: 2016-10-13 Member: 223086Members
    lol sure. you probably only live like what, a few hundred miles away? xD
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    EvilSmoo wrote: »
    Fetch me a shrubbery.

What's your favorite color?

B)
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    I don't have access to my pc for a little while- tell me, do tiger plants that you grow still attack you? I was hoping to have some cool guards for my seabase, but it kinda backfired...
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Tiger plants do still attack, but the reinforced dive suit will now protect you (and it actually has blueprints now). If you have a save from before the update, I'm not sure the suit will help.
  • StetilleStetille Join Date: 2012-07-13 Member: 154099Members, Reinforced - Silver
    I have questions!

1) If I farm crashes in a tank, will they attack me if I go in? What about stalkers?

2) One of the transmissions from officer keen said to meet at the rendezvous point bla bla bla, coordinates corrupted, downloading transmission origin coords instead. It didn't give me anything. Is this a bug or just not fully implemented yet?

3) Is my knife disappearing a bug or due to a item degradation system? Sometimes it just seems invisible then it'll disappear completely.

• P4R4D0X1C4LP4R4D0X1C4L Louisiana, USA Join Date: 2016-10-13 Member: 223086Members
    1:) I believe that they will still be friendly, considering in and out of the tank they won't attack you if you personally hatched them

2:) If it said coordimates cooruoted, transmission instead, then it should supply you with a story/lore or your PDA

3:) I have the same bug all the time. I notice I get it back when I leave the game to desktop and reopen it.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Stetille wrote: »
    3) Is my knife disappearing a bug or due to a item degradation system? Sometimes it just seems invisible then it'll disappear completely.
    @Stetille The knife DOES have a degradation system. It is the only item that does (applies to basic knife and to heat blade or hardened blade). Currently there is a glitch where if you break your knife, then reload your game you can continue to use the knife indefinitely with 0% durability.
  • JarekJarek Poland Join Date: 2016-10-03 Member: 222824Members
    I have a question for you, P4R4D0X1C4L
    What the hell do I have to do to build a proper base? :tongue:
    The question may seem ridiculous, but for now only base elements I have available are corridors or whatever you name it.
    Straight corridot, T-shape one, X-shape one, glass one, access hatch and a window.
    How the hell do I build walls and chambers/rooms ?! Anything bigger than fu**ing corridor?
    Do I have to find blueprints for that? This is a bad joke.

Second question - is there a possibility to hide back into inventory the vehicle building device?
    I opened it, it flows on water, I can climb it and use it to build a vehicle, but I cannot see any option to fold it and hide back into inventory.
  • ThosarThosar Join Date: 2016-08-14 Member: 221302Members
    Jarek wrote: »
    I have a question for you, P4R4D0X1C4L
    What the hell do I have to do to build a proper base? :tongue:
    The question may seem ridiculous, but for now only base elements I have available are corridors or whatever you name it.
    Straight corridot, T-shape one, X-shape one, glass one, access hatch and a window.
    How the hell do I build walls and chambers/rooms ?! Anything bigger than fu**ing corridor?
    Do I have to find blueprints for that? This is a bad joke.

Yes. You have to find the blueprints for the multipurpose room and other base components.
    Second question - is there a possibility to hide back into inventory the vehicle building device?
    I opened it, it flows on water, I can climb it and use it to build a vehicle, but I cannot see any option to fold it and hide back into inventory.

Come up underneath and if you look at the orange rubber floaty bits, it should give you the option to pick up the mobile vehicle bay.
  • JarekJarek Poland Join Date: 2016-10-03 Member: 222824Members
    Thanks, Thosar!
    To tell the truth, looking for all those blueprints seems annoying.
    Now I have build the Seamoth it is easier, but since I don't have blueprints for charger of those big batteries (I don't know how they are called in english, I use polish in-game) I still have to keep fabricating new, which obviously isn't the best idea.
    They could at least create a tool like a radar for Aurora's scrap, cause now it's like looking for a needle in a haystack...
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Thosar wrote: »
    Come up underneath and if you look at the orange rubber floaty bits, it should give you the option to pick up the mobile vehicle bay.

For me it's easier to stand in it, point straight down, and pick it up from underneath myself. Much easier.
  • jpinardjpinard Join Date: 2016-09-17 Member: 222373Members
    How do I make attachments or upgrades for my seamoth and PRAWN? I have a driller blueprint and can't find a way to make one to attach it.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited October 2016
    Why is the water wet...? And how many molecules are required for that?
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    jpinard wrote: »
    How do I make attachments or upgrades for my seamoth and PRAWN? I have a driller blueprint and can't find a way to make one to attach it.

You need the moonpool and the vehicle upgrade station.
  • jpinardjpinard Join Date: 2016-09-17 Member: 222373Members
    Is there a way to kinda guide me to where the moonpool might be without it being too spoilerific?
  • MrRoarkeMrRoarke Join Date: 2016-05-16 Member: 216830Members
    Fragments are almost exclusively in or near the big wreck sections. I don't remember where the moonpool fragments are specifically. The radio will occasionally give you messages that provide you with signals. Follow them to find the lifepods, and along the way watch for wrecks. Mark wrecks you've already visited and cleared in some way. I leave a beacon with a short name and an X.

You can also do a simple grid search pattern using your compass to follow straight lines (or watch the actual coordinates with the F3(?) display. Swim straight lines for long distances, move over approximately your view distance, then swim back. Rinse and repeat.

After you find the moonpool fragments you'll also need to find the modification station fragments, as that's what allows you to build the SeaMoth and PRAWN upgrade parts. You'll also want to find the fragments to the remaining PRAWN attachments.

Along the way, you may as well collect a lot of resources, as all those modules and upgrades take lots of parts. Focus on titanium ingots, lubricant, and microchips. The PRAWN upgrades take some exotic stuff, too.

Cheers,

J
    @jpinard You want to look inside the big wrecks like MrRoarke said. Specifically, you should look in deeper ones, but not too deep - you should be able to find them between 200 and 300 meters below the surface.
  • TyderfTyderf Join Date: 2015-12-31 Member: 210696Members
    jpinard wrote: »
    Is there a way to kinda guide me to where the moonpool might be without it being too spoilerific?

Moon pool frags are beyond the back end of the giant ship and also beyond the middle end torwards the front