XB1 Where is the silver?!?

ImmortalHunterImmortalHunter Surrey BC Canada Earth Join Date: 2016-10-04 Member: 222853Members
Well I looked really, REALLY hard but I can't find silver anywhere. Not in the Red Zone, the Dunes, the Grand Reef ANYWHERE so...please fix this.

Comments

• Wish_4_WishesWish_4_Wishes USA Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217569Members
    edited October 2016
    Check thermal vents in the safe shallows and its every where in the grassy plateau (that does not look like i spelled that right but my phone says i did)

Also silver comes from sandstone not limestone
    And be sure your not in the extinction bug (nothing is spawning) and if you are you just need to quit Subnautica and start it up again.
  • ImmortalHunterImmortalHunter Surrey BC Canada Earth Join Date: 2016-10-04 Member: 222853Members
    Check thermal vents in the safe shallows and its every where in the grassy plateau (that does not look like i spelled that right but my phone says i did)

Also silver comes from sandstone not limestone
    And be sure your not in the extinction bug (nothing is spawning) and if you are you just need to quit Subnautica and start it up again.

Well that didn't work it's not the extinction bug that I'm sure of(fish and stuff are still spawning)...but what's wrong I don't know.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Sandstone can be hard to find, especially since it looks the same as limestone. I have had luck in both the grassy plateaus and in "canyons" in the kelp forest.

It can be hard to get much silver, but it gets better late game. When you get the prawn suit with drill arm, you can fill a wall locker easy.
  • ImmortalHunterImmortalHunter Surrey BC Canada Earth Join Date: 2016-10-04 Member: 222853Members
    narfblat wrote: »
    Sandstone can be hard to find, especially since it looks the same as limestone. I have had luck in both the grassy plateaus and in "canyons" in the kelp forest.

It can be hard to get much silver, but it gets better late game. When you get the prawn suit with drill arm, you can fill a wall locker easy.

Don't you need silver for the Prawn suit drill arm? Sooo...
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    edited October 2016
    See the previous sentence. I was meaning it gets better later in the game, because you'll get the prawn suit with drill arm. The blueprints for prawn suit and drill arm themselves don't take silver, though you'll need silver to make the moon pool and vehicle modification station.

It falls back on one question: are you not finding any sandstone chunks to break, even looking in the places mentioned? As I mentioned, it can be hard to find, and looks just like limestone chunks. The rest was just "it gets better" stuff.
    narfblat wrote: »
    See the previous sentence. I was meaning it gets better later in the game, because you'll get the prawn suit with drill arm. The blueprints for prawn suit and drill arm themselves don't take silver, though you'll need silver to make the moon pool and vehicle modification station.

It falls back on one question: are you not finding any sandstone chunks to break, even looking in the places mentioned? As I mentioned, it can be hard to find, and looks just like limestone chunks. The rest was just "it gets better" stuff.

Hmm it seams that silver is back huzzah
    Thanks for the help
    (and yes i did look in the places you mentioned)