Usable seats in Lifepod 5

DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
With bases becoming things that take more time to acquire, it would be useful if the option to sit could come earlier by making the two seats in the lifepod functional. It only makes sense anyway; it's the second action you even see the character perform when you start up a new game.

Comments

• SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    I like this. Sitting your character down for a bit while you peruse the PDA data entries is nice.
  • badgerfrothbadgerfroth Darlington UK Join Date: 2016-04-10 Member: 215599Members
    I'd like a deck chair, parasol and side table mounted on top of the Cyclops so that I can sit under the sun, read a little, take a sip of my Boddingtons and relax.

Stuff the reaper, I got better things to do.
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    While more options to sit down is always nice, this topic is specifically about the lifepod seats and the increasing necessity for bridge points now that process is becoming harder each update. Working seats in the lifepod will give new players some freedom not to go out during the first few nights and to read up on any progress they've made without hunger/thirst increasing. It would take some of the pressure off.
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    edited October 2016
    I'd just like to see the Lifepods having more use after the early game. Once you get a base going with enough equipment in it, you dont really need to return to the lifepod after a point. It'd be nice if it could be converted to an underwater mini-base (deactivate the floatation device) or make it where it could 'dock' with your new base. Or at the least, let us scavenge it for parts and materials; those self-charging power cells could prove useful in starting up a remote base.
  • ImmortalHunterImmortalHunter Surrey BC Canada Earth Join Date: 2016-10-04 Member: 222853Members
    Tarkannen wrote: »
    I'd just like to see the Lifepods having more use after the early game. Once you get a base going with enough equipment in it, you dont really need to return to the lifepod after a point. It'd be nice if it could be converted to an underwater mini-base (deactivate the floatation device) or make it where it could 'dock' with your new base. Or at the least, let us scavenge it for parts and materials; those self-charging power cells could prove useful in starting up a remote base.

Why can't we just make those self-charging power cells?
  • Wish_4_WishesWish_4_Wishes USA Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217569Members
    edited October 2016
    @ImmortalHunter Its for your safety, and this setting cannot be overridden.

No really its becuase that would be over powered, once you find the power cell charger fragments you can charge them yourself. Currently i think one power cell charger is enough to keep a Cyclops going if you put it inside of it, but its also an obvious exploit. Anyways i dont think the self charging power cells will be there forever, if so that means Alterra lifepods can solve the energy crisis. (lifepod is producing more energy that it takes to power the lifepod)

There are no solar panels on the lifepod either. So its not that

I also would like to sit in the lifepod. If i can sit on the chairs i place in my base then i should be able to sit on the chairs in the lifepod. Fair is fair.
  • ImmortalHunterImmortalHunter Surrey BC Canada Earth Join Date: 2016-10-04 Member: 222853Members
    @ImmortalHunter Its for your safety, and this setting cannot be overridden.

No really its becuase that would be over powered, once you find the power cell charger fragments you can charge them yourself. Currently i think one power cell charger is enough to keep a Cyclops going if you put it inside of it, but its also an obvious exploit. Anyways i dont think the self charging power cells will be there forever, if so that means Alterra lifepods can solve the energy crisis. (lifepod is producing more energy that it takes to power the lifepod)

There are no solar panels on the lifepod either. So its not that

I also would like to sit in the lifepod. If i can sit on the chairs i place in my base then i should be able to sit on the chairs in the lifepod. Fair is fair.

Fair point...Siting in the lifepod makes sense if I can sit in my base why not the lifepod?
    Still those self-charging power cells would be helpful in the long run.