Game Breaking Bug, Absolutely Unplayable.

CyphurixCyphurix England Join Date: 2014-07-21 Member: 197547Members
edited September 2016 in NS2 General Discussion
The say command treats commas as argument separators, which is fine because you can just use quotes.

Except you cant when you bind it to a key.

So, for example, trying to bind this:
bind NumPadEnter "say The ever so powerful, Bauer, was sitting on the sidelines, forced to wait an hour to play, so he regathered. In the process, ensuring that he got to play while others got excluded."
Makes the console spam "Too many arguments being sent to the say command."

How on Earth am I meant to shit talk a particular player, when I can't set binds :c

I request a hotfix immediately.

Thanks <3

Comments

• BauerJankinsBauerJankins GERMANY, WASHINGTON Join Date: 2016-04-14 Member: 215772Members
    I support this although I don't know this Bauer guy. Hope he doesn't get bm'd too much when this is fixed.

Also this seemed to be working untill recently, what happened11111????111
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
    CommasareforpussiesRealmentypewithoutpunctuationandspace
  • BauerJankinsBauerJankins GERMANY, WASHINGTON Join Date: 2016-04-14 Member: 215772Members
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2016
    This is so low priority it's hysterical. You want to BM spam, but with proper punctuation?... lol
    Maybe I'll make a bug report about being able to bind anything to a say cmd since there's no good reason for its use
  • AbsurdonAbsurdon Germany Join Date: 2015-02-09 Member: 201274Members
    don't take the BM binds from us! In our competetive environment they are a form of respect and acknowledgement for skill. They also are part of the mindgames to get ur opponent to make mistakes or for some lulz midgame keepin up the fun and makin ppl try harder so there won't be another opporunity for the opponent to use them.
    It's a take and give.

Got ambushed/ engaged quite nice but still won the fight? Give some BM to say: "nice try bruh". succesfully ambushed a player who normaly crushs u ez? give him some sweet BM. Killed a lifeform of a good player? BM! Make em acknowledge they underestimated u or that they atleast gave u a rough fight. BM triggers them to try harder next time.
    Y would a game that has build in taunts disallow for bm? It's basically the same.

BM is the love shared between highly competetive individuals (tryhards) who always try their hardest to stand out.

Someone givin u a hard time by killin u over and over again and now u finally got him. BM with a sweet "EZ" or similar just to show u don't fear him and up ur selfesteam.

BM ppl u c potential in or who are better then u on every given opportunity to make them and u try harder. Compete and grow on the experiences. Git gud. Try ur hardest to get into a position where u can bm. Did not work out? try harder!
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Absurdon wrote: »
    don't take the BM binds from us! In our competetive environment they are a form of respect and acknowledgement for skill. They also are part of the mindgames to get ur opponent to make mistakes or for some lulz midgame keepin up the fun and makin ppl try harder so there won't be another opporunity for the opponent to use them.
    It's a take and give.

Got ambushed/ engaged quite nice but still won the fight? Give some BM to say: "nice try bruh". succesfully ambushed a player who normaly crushs u ez? give him some sweet BM. Killed a lifeform of a good player? BM! Make em acknowledge they underestimated u or that they atleast gave u a rough fight. BM triggers them to try harder next time.
    Y would a game that has build in taunts disallow for bm? It's basically the same.

BM is the love shared between highly competetive individuals (tryhards) who always try their hardest to stand out.

Someone givin u a hard time by killin u over and over again and now u finally got him. BM with a sweet "EZ" or similar just to show u don't fear him and up ur selfesteam.

BM ppl u c potential in or who are better then u on every given opportunity to make them and u try harder. Compete and grow on the experiences. Git gud. Try ur hardest to get into a position where u can bm. Did not work out? try harder!

Frankly I have no idea if this is serious.
    100% serious @F0rdPrefect
    ofc some ppl overdo or missuse it, some just r bullies, others who r targeted might also missinterprete but overall what i posted earlier is the essence of bm IMHO
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    ofc some ppl overdo or missuse it, some just r bullies, others who r targeted might also missinterprete but overall what i posted earlier is the essence of bm IMHO

That would just further reinforce the notion that the majority of comp players are mentally impaired / socially retarded.

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Yojimbo wrote: »

That would just further reinforce the notion that the majority of comp players are mentally impaired / socially retarded.

Frankly I also have no idea if his response is serious
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    That sad feeling your have when you realize that they were all serious from the beginning.
    btw have u tried to bind NumPadEnter say "your text with , here" ? @Cyphurix