Do you have to still make a new world for each update?

bzaldbzald Join Date: 2016-08-28 Member: 221800Members
I noticed that for a few updates that it was not mentioned that you had to make a new world to see everything? Is this still a must to do?

Comments

• SansTheSkelebroSansTheSkelebro Italy Join Date: 2016-04-27 Member: 216071Members
    yeah, if you want all the content it's still necessary
  • bzaldbzald Join Date: 2016-08-28 Member: 221800Members
    yeah, if you want all the content it's still necessary

Thank you
  • MiralityMirality New Zealand Join Date: 2016-08-05 Member: 221004Members
    If you're playing Stable only, it's not necessary. However from time to time you might want to restart anyway to experience changes to the early-game sequence -- the previous update had a big change to this, although this one not so much.
  • JudgeRhadamanthusJudgeRhadamanthus The Internet Join Date: 2015-10-01 Member: 208246Members
    edited September 2016
    I restarted and noticed differences from my PRAWN update save (which was a fresh game after the PRAWN update). New models for some fragments for example. I also found in an old save several crab squids had bugged out. They were frozen in place and those that moved never attacked me. Not the case in the new game.

Plus restarting gives you a chance to spot bugs. Like I found the moon-pool wreck re-spawned the doors I cut through and the fragments changed and lost their models. (i thought the door re-spawn thing was fixed in a previous build)