Evil Tiger Plants

RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
We know that the tiger plants will shoot at you if you draw near, but I just noticed that they're just as happy killing any native fauna that draw near as well.... Even the local Sandsharks
9jopshfqxd7x.jpg

As I was walking through the grassy plateaus I saw a lot of white streaks flying through the air, often with bursts of fish blood here and there... It took me a while to realize it was the tiger plants attacking passing fauna. I never noticed the 'streaks' before, and I can't really remember them actively attacking the fish either - though that could be a result of me not noticing the streaks before.
They started killing a number of the fish, even taking down a few sandsharks that got stuck nearby them without being able to escape.
u35f8aaumvkh.jpg

lu6zwywhvlra.jpg

Not sure what the purple spikes are though, but I only saw them spawn in the paths the plant's projectiles took.

Pretty scary knowing they'll attack the local fauna as much as they'll attack you, more so knowing that they're fully capable of killing the sandsharks as well. Between these things and the Biters both harassing the fish, I wonder if you can expect the place to be empty after a while... Not that it means much in the long run, knowing that fish can respawn now heh. I'm more concerned about the sandsharks (Yeah, I know...) because I'm still not convinced the predators benefit from the new respawn mechanics or not.

Comments

• FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    I noticed them shooting before, they just never hit anything. Maybe they improved their aim/projectile speed/damage (or all three) to make them more formidable.
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    Fathom wrote: »
    I noticed them shooting before, they just never hit anything. Maybe they improved their aim/projectile speed/damage (or all three) to make them more formidable.

It would seem so.... The grassy plateaus may have gotten quite a bit more dangerous to be in if that's the case!
  • scubamattscubamatt Georgia, USA Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217295Members
    The tiger plant won't shoot at my Seamoth (very cool) so I lure the local predators over to it, and let them get riddled with darts. Its like a Flak Trap in WW2 Online, lol.
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    scubamatt wrote: »
    The tiger plant won't shoot at my Seamoth (very cool) so I lure the local predators over to it, and let them get riddled with darts. Its like a Flak Trap in WW2 Online, lol.

Wow, it really won't? Everything else in the game seems to so that's a first! Sneaky way of fighting the aggressive fish there hehe.