Vessels docked within our Cyclops should not be subject to outside pressure.

MichloMichlo Originally Wallasey, UK now Los Angeles, US. Join Date: 2016-09-10 Member: 222215Members
Greetings.

Our sub is pressurised. If it wasn't, we wouldn't last long.

It makes no sense to lose a vessel docked within because we have passed ITs depth limits. The limit should only apply to the sub.

Cheers.

Comments

• JJ_TvoExJJ_TvoEx Join Date: 2016-09-18 Member: 222399Members
    edited September 2016
    And that's exactly what happens. The warning displays as usual even when docked inside of Cyclops but this is just to notify you not to undock said vehicle more than anything, fear not the docked vehicle will not get damaged while inside cyclops. If it does, Then that is a bug.

EDIT: I hesitated as well when I saw that warning and went diving into the forums, I read pretty much exactly what I explained here and dove deeper, The Seamoth was fine.
  • MichloMichlo Originally Wallasey, UK now Los Angeles, US. Join Date: 2016-09-10 Member: 222215Members
    JJ_TvoEx wrote: »
    And that's exactly what happens. The warning displays as usual even when docked inside of Cyclops but this is just to notify you not to undock said vehicle more than anything, fear not the docked vehicle will not get damaged while inside cyclops. If it does, Then that is a bug.

Nope, not if you go deep enough. My Seamoth exploded tonight.
    Well that is definitely not suppost to happen and didn't happen before, Retesting now.
    edited September 2016
    [38056] Cannot confirm, Below crush depth, seamoth health does not go down while docked.
    EDIT: Further testing done, The Cyclops cracked before the seamoth did.
  • MichloMichlo Originally Wallasey, UK now Los Angeles, US. Join Date: 2016-09-10 Member: 222215Members
    How deep were you? I was around 1300 m when it went.
    Kept diving until the cyclops couldn't, passed 1500. No damage to Seamoth.
    Well then, how strange. I even saw parts of it appear outside when it blew and the bay was most definitely empty afterward.
    I have a theory in testing right now, Question: Were you near a lava geyser when this happened?
    edited September 2016
    Disregard that question.

The geyser itself does not harm the Seamoth, I asked because I know they can kill a player through a Seabase or Cyclops and formed a theory from that. I did however notice another potential explanation. Extreme heat can slowly damage it over time. Perhaps the Cyclops does not protect it from this, even though it protects the player from extreme heat.

Extreme heat being anything in excess of 70*C
    edited September 2016
    Can confirm Cyclops does not protect the Seamoth from heat.
    I was, indeed, in the lava trench though not directly near any spouts or vents.

Thanks for the testing. Hopefully, the devs will fix this, no matter the cause.

Cheers.