Is this coming to VIVE VR

ShampizleShampizle alaska Join Date: 2016-09-17 Member: 222381Members
Is there any word for this becoming available for VIVE?
or exclusivly for occulus?

Comments

• yomamayomama On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members
    IIRC, they had planned to add vive support eventually. I swear it was on the trello roadmap at one point, although I don't see it now. Maybe one of the devs can clarify? They crushed my hopes of psvr support... :-)
  • XaryenXaryen Join Date: 2016-04-30 Member: 216196Members
    Vive support is tied to the Unity engine and last I heard they planned on updating to 5.4 eventually. So I would say its a possibility, but not confirmed.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2016
    We're still not upgraded to Unity 5.4 yet, due to some incompatibility issues. W cant start looking into Vive support until those issues are resolved. (And when I say look into - we may, or may not do it - we need to sit down and look into it).

We have Vive Devs kits, and we're not exclusive to Oculus. They just had an SDK out and integrated into Unity before anyone else.
  • OculusLouOculusLou Canada Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217605Members
    Yeah hopefully fix the current VR bugs before moving onto a new platform ;) Great experience minus said bug tho.