PASSIVE SEA EMPEROR?!?!?!?!?!?!

Dark_MasterDark_Master Astana Join Date: 2016-03-18 Member: 214413Members
Lots of people say that the sea emperor (Empress) will be passive... Imagine if it will...
I was actually looking forward to an EPIC BOSS FIGHT VS SEA EMPRESS...

Comments

• Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    Yeah! Personally I love the idea of fighting a dragon and rescuing the Emperor or Empress!
  • Dark_MasterDark_Master Astana Join Date: 2016-03-18 Member: 214413Members

cy4n wrote: »
    Don't worry, you can still fight the Sea Dragon Leviathan.

Actually, Devs still didnt scale SeaDragon's Health and i can still kill it in 4 seconds using the drill arm
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    I really hope we won't be forced to (seriously) battle or kill the sea dragon. I already dislike killing fish for food.
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    DrownedOut wrote: »
    I really hope we won't be forced to (seriously) battle or kill the sea dragon. I already dislike killing fish for food.

It would be really odd given the devs stance on weapons and killing in general, except where necessary to survive. I think the idea was to make it so massive and powerful enough that taking it on head-to-head would be suicide, but at the same time the Prawn isn't terribly maneuverable to play cat and mouse with it while accomplishing an objective. Are we going to have to find a way to stealth around this thing...?
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    Yeah! Personally I love the idea of fighting a dragon and rescuing the Emperor or Empress!
    Um, if I recall right she's gonna die shortly after you meet her. Or at least that's what I got from the barebones story.
  • Gourmet_GuyGourmet_Guy Ohio Join Date: 2016-06-16 Member: 218647Members
    Maybe there is a Sea Emperor AND Empress... who knows!?!!??!
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited September 2016
    Maybe there is a Sea Emperor AND Empress... who knows!?!!??!

That would also imply there is an empire and they rule over the lands or rather sea of ... dammit we still do not have a name for this planet other than a stupid number right?
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    DrownedOut wrote: »

Maybe you can run right past it like with the Reapers. Stay and fight if you want, or just run right past.
    I'd be more inclined to stay and fight if hostile fauna respawned eventually since an empty ocean is a boring ocean. (And if I wasn't such a coward)

Sea Dragon seems to have an attack for (almost) every occasion too.... Grabs then chews on your seamoth if you approach it in that, rams your cyclops, swats you away if you try flanking it, projectile and breath attacks for killing you at range, and swallows you whole if you're caught outside your vehicle. Pretty intimidating.
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    Ah, you have the Sea Dragon, Reapers and Crabsquids with an EMP pulse. Why the hell do you want another thing to hunt us?
    Ah, you have the Sea Dragon, Reapers and Crabsquids with an EMP pulse. Why the hell do you want another thing to hunt us?

Don't forget the Warpers as well!
  • DagothUrDagothUr Florida Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220125Members
    Psyclonix wrote: »
    Why does everyone just want to kill everything just because it's big and alive. why can't it just exist.

I posed that same question to a sandshark while it was gnawing my leg, but it didn't answer.

DagothUr wrote: »
    Why does everyone just want to kill everything just because it's big and alive. why can't it just exist.

I posed that same question to a sandshark while it was gnawing my leg, but it didn't answer.

Well, it probably didn't answer because you, a human with a much more developed brain and some logical reasoning, are trying to converse with a creature whose only real goal is to find food.

Well, it probably didn't answer because you, a human with a much more developed brain and some logical reasoning, are trying to converse with a creature whose only real goal is to find food.

Or in the case of the Stalkers, find food while also sabotaging your Scanner Room operations.

Actually found that to be kind of cute though, I was building a base and this Stalker ran off with my Camera drone, dropped it in its own little "hoard" then swam off to harass my Seamoth parked a short distance away........ While his buddy proceeded to swim over and carry the drone off to HIS personal hoard. The two went back and forth like that (And occasionally trying to bite me) the whole time I was building. It was kind of fun to watch, really makes me wish I could hatch my own stalker that wasn't hostile ;v;
    Rezca wrote: »

Or in the case of the Stalkers, find food while also sabotaging your Scanner Room operations.

Actually found that to be kind of cute though, I was building a base and this Stalker ran off with my Camera drone, dropped it in its own little "hoard" then swam off to harass my Seamoth parked a short distance away........ While his buddy proceeded to swim over and carry the drone off to HIS personal hoard. The two went back and forth like that (And occasionally trying to bite me) the whole time I was building. It was kind of fun to watch, really makes me wish I could hatch my own stalker that wasn't hostile ;v;

That's why I tend not to build scanner rooms near kelp. :smiley: But my reaction is never, "I'll murder you so this doesn't happen again," its more, "Ey asshole gimme that back!"
    edited September 2016
    Rezca wrote: »

That's why I tend not to build scanner rooms near kelp. :smiley: But my reaction is never, "I'll murder you so this doesn't happen again," its more, "Ey asshole gimme that back!"

Saaaame. I do tend to get urges to attack Sandsharks and Bonesharks at times (And especially Biters and Bleeders...) because of how persistent they are with wanting to nibble on you without your express permission, but if you remove all the threats from the game, what fun is it then? :<
    Sure, I can be the "big powerful human" and go all Monster Hunter on the fauna - but what then? They're the only things providing a challenge and keeping things from being dull, and unlike the passive prey fauna, they don't seem to respawn. I may as well just play with Invisible on: It'd be the same experience. I can drown and have to upgrade my subs, but nothing can harm me since nothing can attack me.

I'd be more inclined to try fighting back instead of running circles around them - or running from them, in the case of the leviathans - if I knew they'd be back sooner or later. Maybe even with varying spawn locations (+ / - meters from X location) Be on my guard at all times, you never know when the next generation of predators will be lurking in the shadows waiting to pounce...
  • HerugrimHerugrim The Poconos Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221402Members
    I don't expect it to be a boss fight, but I do expect it to be aggressive.

The Emperor being passive was an early theory, given that it is imprisoned. People assumed the goal was to release it. Apparently the thing is imprisoned because it is very dangerous and it may be the one unstoppable threat in the game. It may or may not get out, we may just be required to get into the prison for something and struggle desperately to not get eaten while inside. But the PDAs regarding the creature seem to imply aggression.
  • TheLordEternalTheLordEternal The Earth Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206851Members
    edited September 2016
    @Herugim
    I thought she was imprisoned only because she's basically a research subject in a observation room. So its not like an actual 'prison' prison, No more than our aquariums are prisons at least.
    She also seems like she is intelligent from what's in the Trello log.
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    @dealwithitdog, I hope that's not the case. That would make me sad :'( and I would probably cry :s.
  • yomamayomama On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members
    Obviously the reason it didn't answer was because ITS MOUTH WAS FULL. Of you. They have manners, you know...
  • InkOnTubeInkOnTube Serbia Join Date: 2016-09-27 Member: 222641Members
    I generally dislike the idea. Subnautica is very immersive and "epic boss battle" is too much gamey mechanic. Not all creatures have to be hostile, not all creatures should be hostile. Even here on Earth largest creatures are docile. It is far better immersive option to fight mysterious precursors in some way than giant creature that can be turned into an ally.
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    InkOnTube wrote: »
    I generally dislike the idea. Subnautica is very immersive and "epic boss battle" is too much gamey mechanic. Not all creatures have to be hostile, not all creatures should be hostile. Even here on Earth largest creatures are docile. It is far better immersive option to fight mysterious precursors in some way than giant creature that can be turned into an ally.

But the creatures ARE all hostile. 90% of the creatures big enough to pose a real threat, and several too small to pose any threat, ALL want to kill you.
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    I think they all respawn? Or at least, sand sharks are perfectly willing to infest safe shallows by chasing little fish in. And biters are just annoying.

Sand sharks are quite easy to stasis/shank, though. And Biters aren't much of a threat, but they try and attack the Prawn, so I just punch them once.