New Alien Vision Causing Glitchy White Dots/Lines

Mordecai WalfishMordecai Walfish Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164803Members
Just got back into NS2 recently and noticed the new alien vision is creating white dots/lines where geometry intersects, most noticeable in darker areas and while the camera is moving around.

I tried changing to different alien vision types, that didn't help (don't remember, but maybe the classic green alien vision didn't have it, but it's just too damn ugly to use. The other options still had it, though I did not try the custom one)

I also tried changing settings in the nVidia control panel to see if that would help, and nothing seems to change it.

Is there any fix for this? I've always really loved the artwork in NS2 and it's a shame to have it take on this glitchy appearance when playing on the Alien team.

System:
i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz
GTX 980ti OC on driver version 372.70 (happened with previous drivers as well)
16GB DDR3-2133
MSI z97 Gaming 5 Motherboard
BENQ XL2420T 120hz display
Windows 7 64-bit

Comments

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    This has actually always happened for alien vision, since the very first day it was created in that slimey neon green and yellow version.
    Some maps are worse than others (cough, docking) when it comes to that visual anomaly.

You've just finally noticed it... and now can never unsee it again.
  • MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    I've always thought they were a "feature" of huze minimal av so you can see your way around in the dark without having all the walls/floors retextured to a bright green/orange/pink/etc color.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Having flashbacks of @loki screaming 'WELD YOUR VERTICES'
    That's what this is about, right?
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    @MoFo1 He's not speaking about the consistent white/grey lines that highlight geometry.

In fact, I'm not sure I want to post a pic of what he means specifically, for fear that it'll permanently ruin you as well. ;)
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    fuckkk i'm cursed now. thanks Obama

Don't worry. After a few hundred hours of gameplay it will fade into the environment again, just for a post like this to make you realize it was there again.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    IronHorse wrote: »
    @MoFo1 He's not speaking about the consistent white/grey lines that highlight geometry.

In fact, I'm not sure I want to post a pic of what he means specifically, for fear that it'll permanently ruin you as well. ;)

I'm surprised most people don't notice it already.