Angry reefback

GenghisConnorGenghisConnor Usa Join Date: 2016-08-25 Member: 221720Members
So This is happening g25h07hsdawp.jpg
This reefback seems intent on headbutting my base, cyclops, and seamoth 65r21afughee.jpg Not sure what I did to deserve his ire. anyone else have this happening to them?

Comments

• NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    Maybe you build on his favourite resting-spot? :>
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    I believe theres no real explanation to this other than the fact that your base happen to be on his normal pathing routes. If you look at one closely for a few minutes you'll see that they often tend to deviate from where they usually hang out randomly. I've had that happen to me as well once .... I made this outpost on a rock pillar in the red grass area

Out of the blue one Reefback suddenly started to hang near it and even collide with it from time to time. Had to relocate the outpost somewhere else, not too far but a bit deeper. The Reefback didnt follow, it simply hang'ed where my base used to be for awhile then went back to it ''pack'' after awhile.
  • GenghisConnorGenghisConnor Usa Join Date: 2016-08-25 Member: 221720Members
    He pushed my cyclops a certain distance away, started pushing my seamoth around till I docked it, then started on the base. Super coincidental if it is just trying to swim around
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    Well, then don`t leave your garbage out in the open near him. xD For him it`s just strange stuff at his home(zone)
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Pfft, isn't it obvious... Angry reefback just wants to play angry birds, stop hogging your smart device in your base you meany!
  • DactylosDactylos United States Join Date: 2016-07-11 Member: 220055Members
    Put a few floaters on it. Hilarity ensues.
  • Mr357Mr357 Join Date: 2015-03-31 Member: 202777Members
    I built my base on the same kind of structure (maybe the exact same one), and there's a Reefback that comes over to visit me every so often. He doesn't actually touch my base though.
  • DagothUrDagothUr Florida Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220125Members
    I've had that happen, too. The problem is that Reefbacks apparently have absolutely no pathfinding coded into their behavior. Guess the devs just assumed they would never need it. So when they bump into something, well, you see what happens.
  • MiralityMirality New Zealand Join Date: 2016-08-05 Member: 221004Members
    I've had one headbutting my Cyclops a few times. There's a screenshot in one of the threads here. They're pretty dumb beasts.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    How would you feel if somebody wanted to demolish your house early in the morning to build a bypass?

He just wishes you people would once and for all work out where the hell you want to be.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    In their earlier lifes (other builds or savegames or from other players) the Reefbacks remember being mistreated by Prawnauticans (bad dwarves in the eyes of Reefbacks) riding on their back and drilling them "too deep". Now their shared conscience strikes back, taking revenge by pushing around their Cyclops and punching some breaches into the base hulls.
    Sadly you can`t ride em, tried with the prawn, but the physics suck. Defines prawn and the Reefback in a way that they are still seperated when being on top of him, so you "glide" of it without moving on top of the Reefback.
  • FryerDevilFryerDevil Austrailia Join Date: 2016-07-25 Member: 220657Members
    If its following you I had a similar problem with a peeper, it kept running into me (if I moved away it would just follow me) and it had bugged animations. All it did was follow me until it just vanished :C
  • orobourosorobouros US Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215163Members
    BTW, OP, I love what you did with the glass elbow corridors on your Moonpool there. I'm definitely gonna try that instead of ordinary windows on mine.
  • GenghisConnorGenghisConnor Usa Join Date: 2016-08-25 Member: 221720Members
    orobouros wrote: »
    BTW, OP, I love what you did with the glass elbow corridors on your Moonpool there. I'm definitely gonna try that instead of ordinary windows on mine.

Thanks! Bases can look super samey if you don't make an effort to use unique structures, and I kind of like glass corridors better than observatories.

• DumaDuma Oklahoma Join Date: 2016-02-02 Member: 212475Members
    I built on that very spot in my first save game. It was a single room on a foundation. I called it a repo point. Used it to explore the immediate area. Came back from a swim one day, and it was totaled. I wondered back then if it was a reefback.