The modification station fragments should be moved to wrecks in the radation zone.

ElCabongElCabong Houston, Tx Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211851Members
It's in shallower water but you'll need to make your radiation suit before you can get to it.

Once you get it, the deeper wrecks aren't so difficult. You'll have the extra air and the ultra
glide fins.

As it stands now the deep wrecks are a pita. It took me an hour but when I was finished I had
the moon pool and the modification station blueprints and that's just too much all at once.

It would have been more fun in the 300m+ wrecks with the extra air and speed.

Comments

• Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    Where is Moonpool?
  • Mr357Mr357 Join Date: 2015-03-31 Member: 202777Members
    Where is Moonpool?

Inside the large wreck in the Grand Reef, I'm guessing. I was just there today, but I didn't have the proper equipment on me for exploring it, so I went to the floating island instead.
  • ElCabongElCabong Houston, Tx Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211851Members
    Mr357 wrote: »
    Where is Moonpool?

Inside the large wreck in the Grand Reef, I'm guessing. I was just there today, but I didn't have the proper equipment on me for exploring it, so I went to the floating island instead.

http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Wrecks
  • LonnehartLonnehart Guam Join Date: 2016-06-20 Member: 218816Members
    I found the modification station inside a wreck within one of the blood kelp forests (the one going towards the giant floating island).
  • victorfj4598victorfj4598 Denmark Join Date: 2016-08-29 Member: 221849Members
    Where is the Drill arm frackments. I have looked everywhere
  • aneyeaneye MSK Join Date: 2016-06-24 Member: 219014Members
    Where is the Drill arm frackments. I have looked everywhere

OMG! You guys... Its kind of depends on what you've already scanned. But, most likely it's in large wrecks in Grassy Plateaus biome (aka red grass fields). Bring some extra O2 and a laser cutter, because that kind of stuff will be behind sealed doors. Plus you really need to check almost every large wreck, it'll bring more useful blueprints. You're welcome :D
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    I ran into this last night on a new playthrough. I found the Moonpool/Modification Station fragments in the wreck where Ampeels patrol in the SW part of the map. At this point you can have the Seamoth Pressure Compensator Mk I to reach the 300m limit but the wreck is below that point. It's like a chicken-and-the-egg dilemma; you need the MS to reach the wreck but you have to search the wreck to unlock the MS. After three deaths between Ampeel attacks and getting stuck without air, I finally managed to unlock the MS. I like the progression and risk/reward system, but honestly the Ampeel make it more frustrating. Could something be done so they don't just mindlessly patrol the same 20 meter area?
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    I just built a PRAWN suit and took a walk over there. Can deal with any predators around, gets down to 900m and you can park it directly on top of the wreck without worry. I love the PRAWN.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Maybe the game needs some funny tutorials appearing as PDA journals to read while waiting for the rescue team in your lifepod.
    Here some examples:
    • "Memories of a Deep Diver: How I succeeded to infinite depths without using a submarine"
    • "Incredible stories of a Vegan Master: How I survived on a water planet without eating fish"
    • "Building habitats in dangerous waters: How to avoid tricky pitfalls and get eaten while building"
    • "Wreck exploration 101: The 10 most stupid things wreck divers always forget to do"
    • "Handling dangerous beasts without weapons: Workarounds for those stupid Alterra guidelines"
    • "Mastering priorities for the marooned: What stranded people always forget to seek first"
    • "A survival guru remembers: How following the radio signals saved my butt"
    • "The Poseidon story: Why waiting for a rescue team is the wrong move"
    Some example: "Memories of a Deep Diver: How I succeeded to infinite depths without using a submarine":

Most young divers nowaday just tend to hop into their latest Mk 4 Alterra Seamoth and say "Let's visit that underwater lagoon at 1k depth". But there were days where divers needed to dive even deeper and not much equipment at their hand. Not even a submarine or Prawn suit at all. All they had was the normal diving suit with fins, a tank, a rebreather, their knife and a habitat building tool.

When diving deeper than you normally can with standart equipment, the first thing you should remember is that you can get an extra tank with you. Many young divers always forget that. They also tend to forget that they can fabricate themselves those good old air pipes from the diving past. These pipes can get you quite deep if you know where to dive.

But the most amazing awes I get, when I tell the young divers of natural plant life underwater that could produce air. Pride McConner, a famous diver once used a route of those plants going down the deep ocean until he was able to build a habitat at 3k depth ...

... more in the second part: The impossible dive. Planet core diving in less than one hour with standart diving equipment.

And don't miss part three next month: The amazing Aquaman. A diver known to dive to 5k depth without any diving tech.
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    Fathom wrote: »
    I just built a PRAWN suit and took a walk over there. Can deal with any predators around, gets down to 900m and you can park it directly on top of the wreck without worry. I love the PRAWN.

I haven't tried it out yet, I wish I could craft the darn thing. I've had to restart a new game four times since August update due to various bugs (falling underwater forever, Seamoths vanishing repeatedly, etc) so I've not gotten to the point where I can make one. I'm trying really hard to not spawn one in via console, but after so many restarts... :(
  • aneyeaneye MSK Join Date: 2016-06-24 Member: 219014Members
    edited August 2016
    I've heard fresh reinstall can help...
    You can get the Radiation Suit pretty immediately. It's only 2 lead and 2 silicone rubber, I think? Maybe it's fiber mesh.

Too early for the modification station. I think it's in a good spot where it is now.

The mod station needs a Seamoth and Seaglide and the knowledge of finding it at the Bloodkelp wreck stuck at about 300m guarded by Ampeel. Do a quick dive into the top, scan the fragments and voila. But one of the deeper and uglier wreck dives.
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    You can get the Radiation Suit pretty immediately. It's only 2 lead and 2 silicone rubber, I think? Maybe it's fiber mesh.

Too early for the modification station. I think it's in a good spot where it is now.

Fiber mesh and lead. Used to be rubber but they changed the recipe.
    Mr357 wrote: »
    Where is Moonpool?

What a tease. I need to go to aurora first?
    zetachron wrote: »
    Some example: "Memories of a Deep Diver: How I succeeded to infinite depths without using a submarine":

Most young divers nowaday just tend to hop into their latest Mk 4 Alterra Seamoth and say "Let's visit that underwater lagoon at 1k depth". But there were days where divers needed to dive even deeper and not much equipment at their hand. Not even a submarine or Prawn suit at all. All they had was the normal diving suit with fins, a tank, a rebreather, their knife and a habitat building tool.

When diving deeper than you normally can with standart equipment, the first thing you should remember is that you can get an extra tank with you. Many young divers always forget that. They also tend to forget that they can fabricate themselves those good old air pipes from the diving past. These pipes can get you quite deep if you know where to dive.

But the most amazing awes I get, when I tell the young divers of natural plant life underwater that could produce air. Pride McConner, a famous diver once used a route of those plants going down the deep ocean until he was able to build a habitat at 3k depth ...

... more in the second part: The impossible dive. Planet core diving in less than one hour with standart diving equipment.

And don't miss part three next month: The amazing Aquaman. A diver known to dive to 5k depth without any diving tech.

More Please