Hand drill

MasterGamerTRMasterGamerTR Join Date: 2016-06-02 Member: 217971Members
I thing we need hand drills because prawn suit is very hard to make and there is lot of big things around the world.We need hand drills it's more easier than making a prawn suit.

Comments

• SigmalxSigmalx USA Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220132Members
    so a diamond tipped grinder made for deep excavation vs a hand drill. :P answer solves itself
  • MasterGamerTRMasterGamerTR Join Date: 2016-06-02 Member: 217971Members
    edited August 2016
    But it's cheap,yes drilling takes long but if you haven't got prawn suit what do you goanna do
  • SigmalxSigmalx USA Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220132Members
    personally, if it takes more than 10 seconds, it's taken too long.
  • Midnight_TeaMidnight_Tea Join Date: 2016-08-27 Member: 221790Members
    edited August 2016
    I'm not against the notion, but it should be more inconvenient to do than using the prawn suit. You should want a prawn suit and currently being teased with all these deposits you can't use yet is meant to be a motivator to get one. But I do think a manual option should be possible, at least. My suggestion is that it'd take a long time like the laser cutter and be hell on your batteries. That'd be an option to let you harvest a desposit if you really want it, but keep the enthusiasm for getting a suit strong.
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    It might be an idea to simply give the laser cutter the ability to "drill" resources instead of introducing a new hand drill. If it can already cut through doors, I can believe it'd be able to cut off chunks of resources.
  • DagothUrDagothUr Florida Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220125Members
    Hand Drill > Prawn Drill and I'll tell you why:

Anything you pick up in Prawn goes into Prawn inventory storage, which is about 1/3rd the size of player inventory space. Once that is full you can't pick up anything else without exiting the Prawn to put it into your personal inventory.

Yes, this is stupid, but it does prove that drilling by hand would actually be superior to drilling in a Prawn suit simply because you could hold x3 as much stuff before having to stop.
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    DagothUr wrote: »
    Hand Drill > Prawn Drill and I'll tell you why:

Anything you pick up in Prawn goes into Prawn inventory storage, which is about 1/3rd the size of player inventory space. Once that is full you can't pick up anything else without exiting the Prawn to put it into your personal inventory.

Yes, this is stupid, but it does prove that drilling by hand would actually be superior to drilling in a Prawn suit simply because you could hold x3 as much stuff before having to stop.

But for balancing it would take much longer, and most people seem to prefer speed. Besides, I don't think the hand drill will be implemented, as the large resource nodes are an incentive to make a PRAWN suit.
  • TalisseraTalissera Join Date: 2016-09-03 Member: 222023Members
    I'm not against the notion, but it should be more inconvenient to do than using the prawn suit. You should want a prawn suit and currently being teased with all these deposits you can't use yet is meant to be a motivator to get one. But I do think a manual option should be possible, at least. My suggestion is that it'd take a long time like the laser cutter and be hell on your batteries. That'd be an option to let you harvest a desposit if you really want it, but keep the enthusiasm for getting a suit strong.

You can just swim around and pick open resourses. I've made my base, seamoth and cyclops with upgrades without drilling.

Atm there are too many resourse veins and there is no things for what you can spend it.

It is more interesting to find good res places, mark it, make runs for resourses.

And earning PRAWN is too easy: Aurora or wrecks for choice.