Your prefered Skulk playstyle?

barniebarnie Join Date: 2016-07-26 Member: 220695Members
edited August 2016 in NS2 General Discussion
The recent changes, (Healthbars & hitbox) affected the Skulk gameplay like no other in recent patch history.
That necessitated changes to the Skulk itself, we saw more HP tested and reverted, now more sneak-speed.

To me it feels the tactical options for skulk have suffered somehow through all of this.
Before both ambushing and direct attacks were viable as a single Skulk. (1v1 1v2 1vMany)
Now it seems ambush or packplay are the only viable options.
To me straight up 1v1 engagements are the most exiting gameplay this game has to offer, both as marine and as Skulk (nobody likes being ambushed).
If i wanted to be killed by people that i can't see i would play COD.

That leads me to the Polls question: what kind of Skulk gameplay do you find most enjoyable?

Comments

• The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    barnie wrote: »
    direct attacks were viable as a single Skulk. (1v1 1v2 1vMany)
    what
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    _INTER_ wrote: »
    It's missing RT biting and intel. Skulks primary occupation, isn't it?

not in tdm
  • MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    Before the hp bar and hitbox change I would've chosen mixed.. But since those two awful changes its almost impossible to win a direct 1v1 engagement against a marine as skulk unless it's a rookie marine with under 10% acc.. (and even then it can sometimes be tough)

Ambushing so you can get 1-2 bites Before they even realize they're under attack is the only viable way to play skulk anymore. (other than traveling in 5+ player packs.. And even then certain marine players can drop 5+ skulks with mind numbing ease)

• MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    where is the "using your temmates as meatshield" option?
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    Mephilles wrote: »
    where is the "using your temmates as meatshield" option?

Onos can act as a sort of trojan horse in tight corridors.

Partially-alleviated by GL's.
  • Bike_ManBike_Man USA Join Date: 2016-03-12 Member: 214124Members
    I've always kind of played as the best dead skulk on my team. I have a habit of dying, but when I do I usually did something pretty good that my team can usually take advantage of. I get a lot of assists, just not while I'm alive. Preferably, I would be able to finish the fights that I start more often. As far as engagement styles go, I usually get a nice start - by stealth or by preoccupation of the target - I just don't usually survive after the first hit or miss. The bite box is bigger, but so is my hitbox, so it's ever more important that I don't get hit first AND finish the target off faster.
  • RedSwordRedSword Join Date: 2006-12-07 Member: 58947Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited September 2016
    Sadly new hitbox pretty much give away any chance of winning a 1v1 when res-biting. Before jumping on the marine at the last moment was much more effective.

I'd certainly like this to be changed / reverted.