[Bug?] Fragments close to non-existant 36618 (Answered)

NozzloNozzlo Norway, Stavanger Join Date: 2016-08-25 Member: 221696Members
edited August 2016 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Version 36618 - new save after patching

Finds out there are close to no fragments around the world, did find (after a loong while) enough for solar panels, seamoth and seaglide plus some minor upgrades. Did find the floating island and scanned all there.

But fragments for modification station, propulsion cannon, moonpool and seamoth mod are not to be found.
Biomes such as mushroom forest and koosh zone are completely barren, apart from the normal flora.
No animals, no fragments, no ores. Nothing.

Anyone else experiences the same thing? Or is it just my save file that's corrupt?

Have also noticed the fact that the amount of fragments have been massively reduced, from finding them here and there to now, finding 1 every square km if you are lucky (not really, if you find 1 you normally find 1-2 more of the same kind. But you rarely find new sets.) Been down into caves, and ~500m from the start area in all directions, down to 450m.

So if this is supposed to be, then cool :) More of a challenge. But if not, then there might be a bug here.

Comments

• crane476crane476 United States, Tx Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206850Members
    Most fragments except for solar panel, seaglide, power transmitter, seamoth, cyclops, and prawn suit have been moved to inside of the various wrecks around the map.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    Some fragments still spawn on the open world altho these are very low in numbers. Most of the fragments are now spawning very near wrecks and in them also. In order to unlock a new blueprint you may need to explore a wreck extensively, too

No more can one scour the outskirts of any biome and find most fragments for every blueprints, we will now have to work a little harder to find most of them :wink:

For the new PRAWN suit update ive created a new save, in order to experience the update fully. Ive been able to locate the solar panels // seaglide pretty easily, as for the rest its been much harder and i like it like that. That being said, i could understand how irritating it can be for some players that could find most blueprints easily before but now cannot anymore.

You'll have to explore more, visit all the Lifepods for free goodies and new PDA entry as well as revisit the Wreckages to find what youre looking for. If youre not the patient type, im sure someone will soon publish where all the fragments can now be found
  • NozzloNozzlo Norway, Stavanger Join Date: 2016-08-25 Member: 221696Members
    edited August 2016
    I don't really mind the more challenging patch :smiley: For me it was waay too easy before the patch, just didn't know if this was supposed to be.. not so fun spending 10+hrs on a save finding out it's bugged and have to restart from zero :expressionless:

But thanks for quick reply, the thread is most likely resolved and can be closed (I can't find an edit button to fix the lable).

Edit: I did find it.
    Rainstorm wrote: »
    Some fragments still spawn on the open world altho these are very low in numbers. Most of the fragments are now spawning very near wrecks and in them also. In order to unlock a new blueprint you may need to explore a wreck extensively, too

No more can one scour the outskirts of any biome and find most fragments for every blueprints, we will now have to work a little harder to find most of them :wink:

For the new PRAWN suit update ive created a new save, in order to experience the update fully. Ive been able to locate the solar panels // seaglide pretty easily, as for the rest its been much harder and i like it like that. That being said, i could understand how irritating it can be for some players that could find most blueprints easily before but now cannot anymore.

You'll have to explore more, visit all the Lifepods for free goodies and new PDA entry as well as revisit the Wreckages to find what youre looking for. If youre not the patient type, im sure someone will soon publish where all the fragments can now be found

Okay, I must ask you, do you find any biome further away than like...400m from the spawn area to be empty for any ore/deposits? I dont even find salt or mushrooms/corals..

I still have a gut feeling my save is bugged. Since almost all wrecks I've been to have none or close to no fragments. One had 7 stasis rifles but nothing else. The rest have been empty apart from cosmetical objects like pots and chairs.
  • zimzumzimzum Join Date: 2004-09-02 Member: 31200Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2016
    http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Subnautica_Wiki <---- is your friend

If you go where a specific fragment should be and it's not there, then I'd begin to suspect a bug issue.

<edit>
    Here's the page specifically for the Wrecks. With locations and the fragments you should find there.
    http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Wrecks
    zimzum wrote: »
    http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Subnautica_Wiki <---- is your friend

If you go where a specific fragment should be and it's not there, then I'd begin to suspect a bug issue.

<edit>
    Here's the page specifically for the Wrecks. With locations and the fragments you should find there.
    http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Wrecks

Hmm, today when I started the save, all resources where back, and a wreck that I searched through yesterday and found it empty was today full of stuff, also surrounded with ores and nodes. So must have been something wrong with the loading of the save. Things were not simply around :smile:

Thanks for your help anyway ^^