Game Breaking Oculus Glitches

2»

Comments

• Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    Oh yes please! PLEASE FIX ALL THOSE! Especially the walking speed! But I have noticed that you can start the game without oculus on steam.
  • coldsnapcoldsnap Join Date: 2015-12-26 Member: 210395Members
    I actually liked the reduced walking speed. Ok, so maybe it's a little slow, but moving at full speed inside my base would make me dizzy.

Completely agree on the rest though, especially the camera being off when piloting a sub.
  • OculusLouOculusLou Canada Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217605Members
    coldsnap wrote: »
    I actually liked the reduced walking speed. Ok, so maybe it's a little slow, but moving at full speed inside my base would make me dizzy.

Completely agree on the rest though, especially the camera being off when piloting a sub.

Or at least have a run option! Playing the non VR game you realise how painfully slow the VR version is. I can only guess the slow movement was due to the dizzy folks, but large bases, the Aurora and the floating island at walking speeds are not fun at all lol! :)
  • MasterploxisMasterploxis Germany Join Date: 2016-07-08 Member: 219841Members
    edited July 2016
    Hello All,

it has been mentioned but is the major drawack for me - the Seaglide is too close in front of your eyes. It fills out 40% of the screen and i cant anything of the ocean floor or other things. It would be good if you can add some disctance control to VR (or at least increase the viewing distance) . Also status messages (item collected etc...) are too much in the corner or the edges of your viewing field ... For example i cannot see the message if i collected something becasue it is out of view when i wear the Rift CV....

Thanks for the great game - i dont play it with the rift at them moment because of above mentioned problem. But with Rift this game is a KILLER APP !
    Thanks again
    Andy

• Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    Yeah, the sea glide is way too close but you can live through it.
    Adding one more to keep this thread current and on the developers radar!

->In VR piloting the Cyclops has your body facing backwards with your head facing forwards. Aka you are facing yourself as a floating head....lol not sure how this one made it through did no one pilot a Cyclops in VR? :)
    No I started a new discussion on it @OculusLou. But I'll mention it here too. So as you said the body turns backwards in the cyclops but the head stays forwards. But in my game the body turns slightly right while still having the driving animations but the head stays forward. This also happens inside the cyclops. Also, whenever I dock the seamoth with either the moonpool or cyclops I'm launched out and end up in my base or cyclops, watching the animation of docking happen before my eyes.
    Just found another glitch! Whenever I drive my cyclops than look at my base I can see the solar pannels I put outside and the bench in my observatory. Also, I can't sit down on my bench or any chair.
    edited July 2016
    Another Bug! Whenever I park my seamoth inside the moonpool it launches me out and I end up walking on the sea floor thankfully I have a docking control station positioned below the moonpool so I can fix it easily but still annoying. One more bug wich isn't really a bug, I can't use any of the weapons that I put on my seamoth. Instead I end up exiting the seamoth and if I have torpedoes selected it fires one as I hop out. Doesn't happen in moonpool docking tho (If I have got torpedo selected it does not fire upon exiting the seamoth).
  • davidmi58davidmi58 USA Join Date: 2016-07-21 Member: 220538Members
    I cannot seem to activate the external cameras on the Cyclops. When I click on the icon, nothing happens at all.
    weasel47 wrote: »
    I was able to get past all of those and keep playing, and then I ran into one that's too annoying to work around:
    When the Seamoth undocks from the Cyclops, it is teleported to the position (world position) it was in when it docked.

Yes, this one is a bad one. Trying to find a workaround.
    When installing the compass, I do not see any compass headings in the hud. It looks just like it does without a compass so, for right now, the compass is useless in VR.
    Yeah, same here. Whenever I install the compass no compass actu ally appears.
    WOHO! In the experimental VR build now if you hold down the left thumbstick you walk faster!!! Thank you Devs!

I was so happy I ran to my Seamoth in my Cyclops and jumped in and immediately got stuck inside the Cyclops hull :disappointed: . Baby steps, I had to then reload and take my Cyclops to a clear zone then try getting into my Seamoth again and this time it still spawns you at the source so I got it back at least. Also Piloting the Cyclops now seems to do the same head spawn thing as the Seamoth which is an improvement over the backwards body thing.
    edited August 2016
    So any VR bugs fixed in the PRAWN update?
    I think so (I HOPE so!)
  • DystroxicDystroxic USA Join Date: 2016-07-15 Member: 220270Members
    There are at least several major bugs still:

- undocking the seamoth from the cyclops puts you in the location where the cyclops was when you initially docked it; this one bothers me the most
    - polygons still exploding all over the place
    - there's some weird issue with being aimed the wrong direction when you get in the seamoth/cyclops pilot seats, it had me facing 90 degrees to the right
    - still problems with docking/undocking with the moon pool, it shot me up through the roof when I undocked
  • Bam1500Bam1500 Plainfield, Il Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217363Members
    The game just locks up at the Title screen if I boot it up while my Oculus is plugged into the computer. Wasn't a problem before the PRAWN update.

I can only access the game as long as the Oculus is disconnected.
    Bam1500 wrote: »
    The game just locks up at the Title screen if I boot it up while my Oculus is plugged into the computer. Wasn't a problem before the PRAWN update.

I can only access the game as long as the Oculus is disconnected.

Sigh... still!!! I was hoping they would slip those fixes in as they are (as the title says) GAME BREAKING OCULUS GLITCHES! :persevere:
    edited August 2016
    Yeah, I wasn't sure if this was isolated to just me. So I wanted to share that in case someone else found a solution to this. I imagine this can't be the case on the Oculus Home Client though.

For what its worth, I'm running a GTX 970 on an i7. CV1 Oculus Rift.
  • DystroxicDystroxic USA Join Date: 2016-07-15 Member: 220270Members
    @Obraxis , can we get an update on the status of fixing some VR bugs? I know it's a small part of your market, but the game is advertised on Steam as being VR-compatible, and there are currently a lot of issues making it near impossible to play in VR mode. Pretty please?
    edited August 2016
    I got the Oculus working again in game! Looks like the game doesn't appear availabe in VR in Steam VR mode.

I also figured out the freezing at the title screen. This occurred anytime I booted the game up while my CV1 was plugged in, however, once I unplugged it, the game unfroze. I then plugged the Rift back in, and viola, I put the headset on and I can play the game in VR! The screen/monitor will unfreeze once you put on the Rift.

There are still other smaller issues with the game in VR, but otherwise it is most certainly playable and still oh so impressive!
    Dystroxic wrote: »
    @Obraxis , can we get an update on the status of fixing some VR bugs? I know it's a small part of your market, but the game is advertised on Steam as being VR-compatible, and there are currently a lot of issues making it near impossible to play in VR mode. Pretty please?

Agreed I would love to even know they are on the Trello somewhere and I have looked. I keep submitting them, but no love yet :(
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2016
    A lot of these issues are due directly to the version of Unity we're currently running. We're hoping to upgrade to Unity 5.4 which includes SteamVR support. Not sure when that will get implemented but it should improve performance and fix a number of bugs.

We currently only support CV1 (though DK2 still works for as long as Oculus support it in SDK) via having the unit plugged in, and then starting Subnautica (via Oculus Home or Steam). Steam VR is not currently compatible, and may launch the game in 2D in Theatre mode if you try.

We've got more VR fixes coming down the pipe, but not for a little while.
    Obraxis wrote: »
    A lot of these issues are due directly to the version of Unity we're currently running. We're hoping to upgrade to Unity 5.4 which includes SteamVR support. Not sure when that will get implemented but it should improve performance and fix a number of bugs.

We currently only support CV1 (though DK2 still works for as long as Oculus support it in SDK) via having the unit plugged in, and then starting Subnautica (via Oculus Home or Steam). Steam VR is not currently compatible, and may launch the game in 2D in Theatre mode if you try.

Thanks for the update @Obraxis ! The only really major major one that really makes it unplayable later on is the Seamoth docking with the Cyclops bug. When you launch the Seamoth again after traveling with it docked you spawn at the Cyclops last location. You can get around all the other bugs annoying as they are other than that one. It makes traversal almost impossible later on.

Even the docking Seamoth into the Moonpool dropping you to walk on the seafloor can be worked around if you drive fast into it or build a door close. The Cyclops bug theres nothing you can do other than drive the Cyclops a bit, undock the Seamoth drive back to the Cyclops repeat, it's really silly.
  • Someonestolema02Someonestolema02 BC canada Join Date: 2016-08-03 Member: 220950Members
    edited September 2016
    Obraxis wrote: »

I really hope this includes A) flashing geometry /shadows, B ) pop in...lordy the pop in, and C) clipping water in the life pod

But what about the unreadable off screen text in VR?