Perm stuck in aurora engine room?

tjsmnhtjsmnh Join Date: 2016-08-23 Member: 221623Members
So it's now possible to get permanently stuck inside the aurora if you go in to repair the reactor but dont have a laser cutter with you. Is this intentional? Or an oversight? (The floor hole has been sealed, and tehre doesnt seem to be a way to get the elevator down, the only other exit being a door you need the laser cutter to open)

Comments

• ComicalSkateComicalSkate Canada, ON Join Date: 2015-05-28 Member: 204993Members
    The hole in the floor has intentionally been sealed, but its never been the only way out... You can climb the ladders back up to the way you came as well as getting on the walkway from the water.
  • ReichiReichi Austria Join Date: 2016-01-04 Member: 210893Members
    You can't get Diamonds without the Prawn suit, is that true? You have to go to the Aurora first to get the Prawn suit and can't open the locked doors because you can't build the laser cutter yet? Kind of a strange logic, I think..
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    Reichi wrote: »
    You can't get Diamonds without the Prawn suit, is that true? You have to go to the Aurora first to get the Prawn suit and can't open the locked doors because you can't build the laser cutter yet? Kind of a strange logic, I think..

not true, you can get diamonds over at the grand reef, Just make sure you don't push your seamoth below the 200 meter limit and exit it to scour for basalt deposits.
  • QelsarQelsar Lansdowne, MD Join Date: 2016-05-09 Member: 216536Members
    edited August 2016
    So I have been to the Aurora and was able to get in and out. Wish they still kept the old side tunnel, but oh well. I know about the Grand Reef for farming diamonds. BUT......... I cant seem to find more Mobile Vehicle Bay fragments to actually build my Cyclops and Seamoth. I know they are in and around wrecks, but I just cant seem to get any to spawn for me. Anyone have any suggestions?
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    Qelsar wrote: »
    So I have been to the Aurora and was able to get in and out. Wish they still kept the old side tunnel, but oh well. I know about the Grand Reef for farming diamonds. BUT......... I cant seem to find more Mobile Vehicle Bay fragments to actually build my Cyclops and Seamoth. I know they are in and around wrecks, but I just cant seem to get any to spawn for me. Anyone have any suggestions?

For you and those who like you wonder where to find the fragments for the Mobile Vehicle Bay, heres where i found them in the recent PRAWN suit Update. For those who doesnt want to be spoiled, simply dont read the spoiler :wink:

Where Lifepod 17 is found, there is a huge piece of wreckage beside it. By exploring around and inside it, you should find enough pieces of fragment to unlock the MVB. You maybe need to explore the wreck fully to find them all tho.

Very early in the game, after repairing your radio comm, you get the signal pin-pointing the Lifepod 17 for you. Happy hunting :smiley:
  • QelsarQelsar Lansdowne, MD Join Date: 2016-05-09 Member: 216536Members
    Awesome! For some reason I had 1/3 and couldn't find the side entrance to the other part of that wreckage. Guess since I hadn't played in a while I forgot a few things =D
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    tjsmnh wrote: »
    So it's now possible to get permanently stuck inside the aurora if you go in to repair the reactor but dont have a laser cutter with you. Is this intentional? Or an oversight? (The floor hole has been sealed, and tehre doesnt seem to be a way to get the elevator down, the only other exit being a door you need the laser cutter to open)

@tjsmnh you can climb the right side of that elevator ramp thing. You don't need a laser cutter.
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    Reichi wrote: »

not true, you can get diamonds over at the grand reef, Just make sure you don't push your seamoth below the 200 meter limit and exit it to scour for basalt deposits.

And the Mountain Island.
  • tjsmnhtjsmnh Join Date: 2016-08-23 Member: 221623Members
    So it turns out, as was mentioned, you can climb the pipe/ramp that runs along the side of the elevator thing - but it's easy to get stuck on the terrain. If you have the same problem I have, I was able to get out my jumping around a bit down near the bottom until I got onto the walkable part.