Should mods be in Subnautica?

2»

Comments

• Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    Maybe separate both subnautica friendly and unfriendly mods into those categories?
  • DagothUrDagothUr Florida Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220125Members
    While mods would be awesome, I'm not betting on it ever happening. XBOX and all that.
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    The thing is, we don't need official mod support in order to mod a game.

I've been modding Total War games nearly all my life without any support from the terrible developers, it's just a bit harder.
  • FryerDevilFryerDevil Austrailia Join Date: 2016-07-25 Member: 220657Members
    I think they should focus on multiplayer before mods. Maybe they can add modes (like experimental etc) for multiplayer and/or mods (unstable like experimental I guess).

Game is too spoopy to play alone :[

Stalkers still scare me~
  • awesomeguy101awesomeguy101 Join Date: 2016-06-21 Member: 218886Members
    Mods would be AWSOME!! As long as you can get them on steam they are a great idea. Mostly because I want to control the giant gun that shot down the Aurora!
  • LeorasLeoras germany Join Date: 2016-06-29 Member: 219284Members
    edited August 2016
    I got so many ideas for Mods. Stuff like a mod that Let's you Exchange the electric Motors of seamoth and Cyclops with benzene or nuclear powered ones. Or for
    the Monster Hunter Fans out there, lagiacrus and ceadaeus. I can't wait for that Workshop to turn up!
    FryerDevil wrote: »
    I think they should focus on multiplayer before mods. Maybe they can add modes (like experimental etc) for multiplayer and/or mods (unstable like experimental I guess).

Stalkers still scare me~

So true dude. Multiplayer first, Mods later. But I think if the Dev is done with Multiplayer, the possibility of adding new textures or otherwise Stuff will turn up rather quick. I mean, just look at tf2! It's just that easy(
    well not exactly,subnautica has way more Codes that need to be changed).
    of course.
    Nothing wrong having mods.

Yes some mods can be made to cheat yourself into single player achievements, but I dont see that as a reason to fully stop single player mods.

Yeah, Single Player Mods would be the best. Or just think about modded Multiplayer Sessions!
  • DagothUrDagothUr Florida Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220125Members
    Leoras wrote: »
    Or just think about modded Multiplayer Sessions!

... and pony. A unicorn pony! With wings!

• JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members
    I don't think it would work with this game engine. The terraformer is a type of Mod as it lets you change things in game, and it causes to many problems so is being removed.
  • YimboSlyceYimboSlyce Why? Join Date: 2017-01-01 Member: 225868Members
    .SuBB wrote: »
    I just had the idea of mods in Subnautica same as Gmod or any other mod extented games, It would be nice to see that people make their own sea creatures and make mods, This would give Subnautica loads of variation to subnautica, Do you like this idea or you just hate this idea leave it in the comments down below!
    :D

Well if you search up subnautica mods there are already some people creating maps
  • bwc153bwc153 Shawnee, KS, US Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213659Members
    Leoras wrote: »
    FryerDevil wrote: »

Stalkers still scare me~

So true dude. Multiplayer first, Mods later. But I think if the Dev is done with Multiplayer, the possibility of adding new textures or otherwise Stuff will turn up rather quick. I mean, just look at tf2! It's just that easy(
    well not exactly,subnautica has way more Codes that need to be changed).
    Opening up a game to mods is significantly easier than adding multiplayer.
  • FluffersFluffers United States Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204749Members
    Calarand77 wrote: »
    If modifying the engine to accept mods is to take the time and resources reserved now for an expansion patch or a DLC... then no tanks, I'd rather not have SN moddable. Especially that, IMHO, the majority of mods for the game will most probably be just guns, bigger guns, and other ways to kill everything that lives.

Well, I really doubt that mod support would be difficult to add at all. Also I think you're underplaying the creativity of a lot of people that play the game, I'd expect a lot of mods to be things like new structures and modules for bases.
  • Julian1337331nailuJJulian1337331nailuJ The Grand Reef Gubtorial Election Or Something. Join Date: 2016-11-12 Member: 223824Members
    Answer? Yes. Yes Beyond Yes.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Would love this (mod support).