ns2_mesh (used to be called docking2)

Comments

• MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    beta update changelog 03.12.2015:

- redirected the maintenance - back alley vent to maintenance - access
    - made a smoother transition from water treatment to east junction
    75b5e08cda.jpg
    - fused water treatment and east junction to Pressure Control
    - opened up the grate above the closed door in maintenance
    - departures is not arcable anymore from cooling
    - it's more difficult to GL a Hangar hive now
    - fixed some stuck spots
    - improved some lights

minimap:
    d6e191ccd1.jpg
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    update changelog 08.12.2015:

- ported docking2beta to docking2 now that season 7 is finally done
    - added a vent in pipe maintenance
    - made central slightly more alien friendly
    - fixed some stuck spots
    edited December 2015
    update changelog 24.12.2015:

well on time for the second birthday of this map (date when I started developng this map) I got an update out which ended up bigger than I expected it to be

- Hangar opened up a bit to make it easier for marines
    24f4277717.jpg
    - Excalators wall splitting up south and north part of the room got replaced by a railing
    71fe966f15.jpg
    - the right way from Platform to Departures has been closed off
    - the window between Cooling and Departures has been replaced with a solid wall, this should boost the framerate in Cooling a bit
    - Pipe Maintenance has no underground passage anymore
    - vents in Pipe Maintenance are at the ceiling now
    - southern part of Pipe Maintenance has been opened up
    5d70cc86ba.jpg
    - the wall in Access at the entrance of bar is gone now
    b56a9f58ae.jpg
    - Excalators RT has been moved to Platform
    - Bar RT has been moved to Access
    - removed Back Alley - Access vent
    - added Access - Transfer vent
    - added Pressure Control - Excalators vent

minimap:
    577e133125.jpg

hope I didn't forget anything
    wish you all nice holidays and merry christmas

EDIT:
    - rerouted the Access - Transfer vent a bit so it feels smoother
    - changed lights in Cooling
    - West Junction - Pressure Control vent is not marine accessible anymore (only with boost)
    - removed upper ceiling pipe in Transfer
    - Platform and Departures are slightly darker now
    - added some occlusion Geometry inside of props in Stability
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    Played it recently.
    There is a problem with lane blocking in pipe maintenance.
    No skulk can get from west to east if marines are in.
    The vent on top isn't providing much protection either.
  • KasharicKasharic Hull, England Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184473Members, Forum Admins, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    really? because there are vents that lead to generator from locker, and from access (via bar) to transfer... you can pretty much totally avoid pipe maintenance and go from west to east... you can use west junction vent to pressure control near central too.
    actually kash is right. when pipe maintenance is blocked you just go through bar to access and there you can go pipe again, central or directly to transfer. If Bar and Pipe Maintenance are blocked at the same time then yes you would have problems
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    You can avoid the room but not disable the marines in there. Ok there was many people and many rookies.

But the thing is with that many people on the server, the PG should have died as it was only protected by marines and some mines. Nothing that can stop 3, 4 skulks (one sacrificing on mines).

So if it's the last hive. It has to be disabled to be able to breath.

Games with many people tend to help find the big lanes more easy.

Throw a meteor in the room to break the straight lines.
  • KasharicKasharic Hull, England Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184473Members, Forum Admins, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    But the thing is with that many people on the server, the PG should have died as it was only protected by marines and some mines. Nothing that can stop 3, 4 skulks (one sacrificing on mines).

I've seen 1 marine clear 4+ skulks on his own, many times... I regularly see 2 marines clear 4 - 5 skulks... hell, I've seen a single marine kill 2 lerks and 1 skulk in the same engagement (I was medding him)... if marines are holding up one spot and focusing energy on that spot, you as aliens should be taking everything else away from them... not steamrolling face first into them.

If marines get a PG in pipe maintenance, you bite res and cyst to departures.... the area of pipe you are describing is far enough away from your hive that it isn't a huge priority, and you can take it away from the marines with relative ease when/if they push your hive, when the PG is cleared you then kill the marines in your hive... and now the marines have to recap AND rebuild that PG if they want to be in the same position... which takes time... and it also distracts them from your claiming of departures.
    well this one took a while but here it is, the first update of docking2 in 2016 :smiley:

update changelog 20.02.2016:

- redid lockers from scratch, is called "Lab" now
    37ea89f887.jpg
    d6db764a19.jpg
    - widened northern part of back alley
    e2e39f0ca4.jpg
    - ball court size decreased slightly
    - pipe maintenance has been opened up a bit more
    - Generator got a complete layout change. Hive pushes should be easier now
    a002da774d.jpg
    c5addf1a8e.jpg
    - Cooling size increased
    8d33dcabd4.jpg
    - redid the connection between cooling and departures
    - departures size increased
    b667f463ce.jpg
    - changed a couple of vents
    - Transfer is a bit more open now
    7289042da5.jpg
    - fixed a collision geometry bug in central

minimap:
    2328c80905.jpg
    updated some hotfixes and added missing vents at lab (removed the one from pipe to ball court though)
    update changelog 09.03.2016:

- added some extra cover in generator
    - detailed lab a bit more
    - fixed a floating light prop in the back alley vent
    - Ballcourt - Lab vent is now fully marine accessible
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    minimap wasnt working for a few marine players, no structures or players would chow up on it
    bug is known, no idea how to fix from my side. it will work for them igf they adjust the minimap zoom (jambi has same problem)
  • ChrisStarkChrisStark Germany Join Date: 2016-02-11 Member: 212895Members, NS2 Playtester
    Small thing but I think it is called Escalators.
    Hope I get a chance to play it. Can you say on which server it is in the cycle? @Mephilles
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    ChrisStark wrote: »
    Can you say on which server it is in the cycle? @Mephilles

I've seen it on Wooza, Thirsty Onos, Hellarious Basterds and Kill and grill.
    Hope I get a chance to play it. Can you say on which server it is in the cycle? @Mephilles

it used to be called escalators, because the room had escalators in it.

Meph decided to rename it "ex-calators" when he removed the escalators... thus demonstrating how terrible his sense of humour is.
    @ChrisStark it is also on the TAW servers (if not I'm gonna kill someone). Oh and @Kasharic is right about that room name. Once I actually detailed that room I'll probably give it a new name.
  • woozawooza Switzerland Join Date: 2013-11-21 Member: 189496Members, Squad Five Blue
    @ChrisStark There is an easy way to nominate maps you like into mapvoting (Shine is needed on the server as well as the map you want to play): Type sh_nominate ns2_mapname into console and it will display the map at the next mapvoting.
  • ChrisStarkChrisStark Germany Join Date: 2016-02-11 Member: 212895Members, NS2 Playtester
    Kasharic wrote: »

it used to be called escalators, because the room had escalators in it.

Meph decided to rename it "ex-calators" when he removed the escalators... thus demonstrating how terrible his sense of humour is.

Hahahahaha...... lol xD
    Okay....

@wooza Good to know since I play on your servers the most of my NS2 time.
    well some NSL admins asked me to update the map before it gets played in season 9 so I decided I'll push in some changes I originally planned for season 10.

update changelog 09.04.2016:

- rebuilt Central from Scratch
    0856a25bf8.jpg
    74e629039d.jpg
    - rebuilt Pressure Control from Scratch (is called East Junction now)
    7e369f0254.jpg
    - rebuilt West Junction from Scratch (is called Pressure Control now :p )
    d1646b721c.jpg
    - changed Access, Transfer and Platform slightly to fir the new Central area of the map
    - removed Excalators - Pressure Control vent
    - removed Access - Transfer vent
    - added Central - Transfer vent

minimap:
    cc225408e0.jpg

Pls report any bugs of the map. Especially if they are gameplay related.

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Now that I see this on the top again...

I think you should start considering a name change (after all it even says it's placeholder name somewhere, I think at the top of this thread) - I've recently had a match where people voted for this thinking it was regular docking.

The confusion was kinda funny, though.
    don't worry I'll change the name somewhere in between the completion of ns2_hera and ns2_caged (in that order)
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    What if Flaterectomy shocks us all and releases Caged first???
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    What if Flaterectomy shocks us all and releases Caged first???
    Highly unlikely. Be realistic, Andy. :tongue:
    Update Changelog 22.04.2016:

- fixed a stuck spot in east junction
    - fixed lign of sight issues in platform and storage
    - moved power node in storage and east junction
    - changed the door geometry from central to pressure control that @Flaterectomy was complaining about :tongue:
    - disabled cafeteria and departures spawn (only temporary)

There is an issue with the top left marine minimap (it has been there for ages actually). Nothing gets shown in there if you have a too high minimap zoom value. The value at which point things get visible again depends on the altitude of your character. To be sure you won't get any issues I'd recommend you play with a minimap zoon value of 0.5 or less.

Oh and if anyone has an idea how to fix this I'd really like to know.
    edited June 2016
    just saying that I updated docking2beta. It theoretically is in a playable state but wouldn't recommend playing on it atm.

I won't post any screenshots or a changelog. Feel free to hop on the map and check for yourself ;)

EDIT: Link for the beta version steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=561209868

Mod ID in workshop description
    Updated docking2beta... I cleared the view for commandres a bit so now I can encourage some games on the map (even though alot of greybox stuff)
    edited August 2016
    As you might have noticed the name finally changed

And as you probably thought it's time for me to present the update changelog from the 12.08.2016:

- rebuilt storage
    d1119e5939.jpg
    - Cafeteria got replaced with Transit
    7aab9dda33.jpg
    - Look-Out and Bar got fused as Bioscan
    6cb5086bc2.jpg
    866e127596.jpg
    - added "Garage" between storage and transit
    0519ba7289.jpg
    - transfer renamed to hub
    - Cooling has been redone
    9d53e7cda3.jpg
    - Lab has been redone (is now called Isolation)
    0113097852.jpg
    5575e4d7a0.jpg
    - Ball Court has been redone (is now called crash site)
    b870035bcc.jpg

minimap:
    4a95adc75a.jpg

special thanks to @Kasharic for building Cooling, Crash Site and the concept of Isolation
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    @Mephilles Did you change the map name in the mod too? If so then server ops need to update their MapCycle.json.
    I did change the file name and on steamworkshop. So the modname should be changed aswell