ns2_mesh (used to be called docking2)

Comments

• MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    update changelog 03.06.2015:

- redesigned the northern part of escalators

- changed the "doorway" in central

- added some cover in conveyor
    - got rid of most hiding spots for aliens that marines can't reach (meaning marines can get there now)
    - changed generator - maintenance vent
    - moved generator RT next to the hive
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    edited June 2015
    update changelog 10.06.2015:

- introducing a new ready room (far away from the map so you can't hear footsteps from inside the RR)
    - replaced command with transfer
    a3bbbe9cb1.jpg
    a797155608.jpg
    - changed central and storage a bit to fit the theme of transfer
    a94f0c2540.jpg
    - detailed ballcourt a bit more
    363e8c0a07.jpg
  • MauvaisVitrierMauvaisVitrier France Join Date: 2014-04-10 Member: 195291Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond
    My question is : how the fuck did a train crashed inside a ballcourt from the ceiling ?

Other than that, the changes look good.
    edited June 2015
    so you really want me to do some details outside the map aswell? Basically there is supposed to be a train track which is going 5-10 metres above the building. For some unknown reason the train derailed and crashed into the building. Why the fuck should a train track be that high up? Because it's the future, architects are idiots in the future :P

PS: Don't drink and drive!
  • MauvaisVitrierMauvaisVitrier France Join Date: 2014-04-10 Member: 195291Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond
    Because it's a monorail going above the docking map, through the city
    update changelog 11.06.2015:

- fixed that you got stuck when stepping on the elevator in central
    edited June 2015
    The door leading to Access in Bar isn't visible enough. Especially when there is infestation on it. (better lighting maybe ?)
    The train prop in Ball court is confusing, some people think you can go through its broken windows.
    Storage is a large room and teh center has no cover, so it's really hard to get to the marines, same in Cafeteria.
    In last night's game, marines where attacking Lockers from Ball Court and aliens can get heals from the hive in Ball Court.

credits to Hohey for the video (he hasn't played for 4 months so be gentle)
    damn would have loved to see who will win... I assume aliens would have won in the end though...
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited June 2015
    My pov from docking2 yesterday.
    edited July 2015
    in case you are wondering why nothing is happening here. I am working currently on a quite large update for the map so the spawn imbalance will be hopefully fixed for the custom map cup. I hope the next update will come in like 2 weeks and for you to look forward to it, here is a little teaser picture
    afaf83dba1.jpg
    not hard to see that making departures look better is one part of the update but even after that, the room still isn't finished detail wise

91e74d891b.jpg
    no fish AI sadly :P
    update changelog 15.07.2015:

- added some cover in cafeteria
    62e77da876.jpg
    - detailed Maintenance a bit
    60962b2335.jpg
    0a3c551686.jpg
    d749378d63.jpg
    - changed the way Access connects to Bar
    - detailed Departures a bit
    fc37e9af90.jpg
    - changed some lighting in Locker
    - moved Ball Court slightly north so the hive can't heal in Ball Court anymore
    - widened the north part of central a bit
    - moved the RT in Escalators
    - changed the vent in Escalators
    - removed the Maintenance - West Junction Vent
    - added Maintenance - Back Alley vent
    - added Maintenance - Ball Court vent
    - added Access - Transfer vent
    - lowered ceiling in Storage
    - other stuff I can't remember now

new minimap
    671db28afc.jpg
    update changelog 16.07.2015:

- improved lighting in some areas
    - added missing geometry in that decorational hallway above escalators and platform
    - fixed the stuck spot for fades in the acess-transfer vent
    - changed access so you can see the exit easier
    - moved the crates in storage so you can't jump in that vent above the RT anymore
    - replaced the scaffolding with a railing in central
    bump because of custom map cup. feel free to post dem feedback here
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Finely played a game on docking 2. TGNS has it on rotation now. People were saying they were enjoying the map which is unusual for a custom map.

One guy had some feedback I am passing along. Sorry for the lack of formatting, but it is a direct quote from steam messages.
    i noticed when i tried cysting into elevators, the cysts end up basically right outside their base
    because the way the ramps are i had to cyst all the way around the room
    if there was another ramp behind the rt, i could have cysted up through that
    but yeah the way escalators is, its very easy to decyst from terminal, and it costs like 5 tres in cysts when cysting from departures
    yes I am aware of that fact and it is something I will look into. atm it isn't a huge gamebreaker so it is not top priority

anyway thx for the feedback. It is appreciated
    edited August 2015
    update changelog 16.08.2015:

- changed landing pad and added a new hallway from landing pad to storage
    3e4baa0cfc.jpg
    - moved storage RT to the new hallway (is in landing pad now)
    - added another entry from platform into escalators
    87b8e336f5.jpg
    - changed generator and moved the hive
    66a708d24f.jpg
    - opened up maintenance a bit
    7faf60968a.jpg
    - added more cover to departures
    28e8bec3a3.jpg
    - moved cafeteria RT
    - added generator - cooling vent
    - removed the "vent" in storage
    - added a door in the old landing pad - storage connection
    - changed the ceiling cover in escalators
    9c9832674b.jpg
    - improved lighting
    - alot of bug fixes
    - updated workshop with new pictures

minimap
    66dfc5fc73.jpg

EDIT: fixed some stuck spots
    little update changelog: 23.08.2015

- added a vent thingy between departures and platform to get through that closed off wall as alien
  • ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    From SCC:

The center of the map is incredibly confusing visually due to the number of names of rooms.
    There's lots of glass everywhere, which makes navigating a pain.
    The elbow RT to the East of Cafeteria has two really, really long lines of sight.
    yeah I've been notified by that. will try to improve routing in each room but this won't be in a single update so fixing that for the whole map will take a while
    I am really busy lately and probably will stay that way for a couple of years now. Anyway I never stopped devoloping docking2 (though just can't put as much time into it as I used to have).

But now that docking2 will be played in NSL season 7 I decided to implement one change of the update I am working on atm.

So update changelog 27.09.2015:

- changed maintenance in a way that it is harder for marines to attack the RT
    - made the vent below maintenance clearer on the minimap
    18318ef502.jpg
    4b7fe5b403.jpg
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2015
    @Mephilles Posted on ENSL.org also:
    Played this map last night, few things that will need fixed / Looked into ASAP.

Koro went fade, and her egg just died. Nothing shooting her, no reason, Just dead. Then trhoughout the game random eggs would die.

Marine extracters where tacking random damage without anything attacking them.
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    @Mephilles I was able to build a drifter in the ceiling vent in Departures. Couldn't get it down on the ground.
    update changelog 06.10.2015:

- landing pad is now called landing bay (and is indoors now)
    - landing pad RT got moved to storage
    - changed some lighting
    - removed all death trigger entities on the map

I am 99% certain that this fixes the "death on spawn" bug
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Invisible geometry right in the corner against the wall on the left. Seems like I am walking over a small box of some sort.
    wqRIZtr.jpg

A fade got stuck right where that pillar meets the beam.
    BAgFH3a.jpg

I am really enjoying this map. Has great combat.
    update changelog 07.10.2015:

-various little fixes like removing holes, fixing stuck spots, removing unnecesary collision geo (thx for reporting that @Nordic )
    edited November 2015
    okay let's call it a beta update changelog for 23.11.2015:

What does that basically mean?

Well I made a second workshop mod of docking2 called docking2beta.
    Since docking2 is still played in season 7 and I don't want to change it during the season, but on the other hand give players the possibility to practice the season 8 version of the map already. I have 2 different versions of the map now.

Also during season 8 I will continue to update the beta version while the original (which will be the same as the beta one once season 7 is finished) will remain like that during a season and only be updated in case something is really broken or people demand a change now

Anyway here is the workshop link: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=561209868
    Mod ID: 2173620c
    Filename inside the mod: ns2_docking2dev

and here is the changelog:

- disconnected access from central
    - disconnected escalators from central
    - removed conveyors
    - removed stability - departured connection
    - removed stability RT
    - added Water Treatment, which is connectng Platform with East Junction now
    2dca2e8b57.jpg
    - Access Leads to West Junction now
    a7fd92b997.jpg
    - Escalators has been renamed to Excalators
    - Maintenance has been renamed to Pipe Maintenance
    - raised the floor height of platform - escalators area
    0853de7d95.jpg
    - completely redesigned Terminal (is now called Hangar)
    aa2b5833f1.jpg
    81103777c3.jpg
    - added a new area between west junction and pipe maintenance
    fc397c0987.jpg
    - expanded Cooling (twice as big now)
    2d855f5ad2.jpg
    - added an RT in Cooling
    - moved Storage RT to a bit
    - redone the cooling - stability vent
    - various little fixes

there is still a little issue with north part of hangar not easily visible for commanders. Will fix that ASAP.

here is the minimap:
    e8e653b111.jpg

A Special thanks to @Kasharic who was building Water Treatment and the new Access Connection for me. wouldn't have been able to make that update in time otherwise
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    Awsome!
    It's nice to see the map slowly becoming a new strong, independent women/Map! Names are getting changed rooms and soon it could be a offical Map!!!!!!! (If you wan't ofcurse i just don't see why not.)
    Had a great game recently this map and i just wanna say thanks for Making it!!
  • KasharicKasharic Hull, England Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184473Members, Forum Admins, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    I'm so hyped to see the new layout in action... and I also look forward to seeing the multitude of planned changes come into the map over the coming months/years, the map is truly becoming unique... happy days!
    fixed the commander visibility for hangar