ns2_hydra

1235»

Comments

• deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    deepsea would probably work best, only issue is it would look much better if it was animated :)
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    edited December 2015
    deepsea would probably work best, only issue is it would look much better if it was animated :)

Ok good then!! But just keep in mind this may take quite a While and doing the animation might not become a feature.
    lussebull wrote: »

Ok good then!! But just jeep in mind this may take quite a While and doing the animation might not become a feature.

i got plenty of time :)
    changelog 25

. moved dagon rt backwards a bit. It should now be harder to snipe from coil
    changelog 26

.fixed the cc vanishing issue that occurred sometimes when the game would start.
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    jsodrx4b08m9.png
    made a simble trick on how to make those wierd corridors in the roof more (handsome).
    just add lamps!
  • The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    changelog 26

.fixed the cc vanishing issue that occurred sometimes when the game would start.

What caused that weird bug?
    changelog 26

What caused that weird bug?

the bug was caused by the tech points not being setup right in their properties. When i fixed it so that the map had fixed spawns i had set up hydrolift as marine only and test as any team random instead of alien only

So when marines spawned in the random aliens had no spawn and so both hive and cc disappeared
  • The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    haha I would never have thought of something like that, but it's good that it could get fixed so easily.
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    okay so I got a bunch of feedback for this map after taking a good look at it:

current minimap picture:
    b1ac629b1b.jpg

Basically this map has the problem of less good game flow. The reasons why I see this are following:

- too many choke points and the try to fix those with vents
    - RTs are in the way of main rotation route
    - a tiny bit of too many corridors and other claustrophobic stuff

So here is a list of choke points, which I see problematic (suggested solutions in image description in the spoiler):

- Descent - Uplink
    f134dda856.jpg
    On the minimap you can see 2 connections here but there is only 1. Maybe add a second door similar to the one in the picture.
    - Approach
    3f993686f3.jpg
    I came up with a special solution here that also tackles another problem with approach. More about that later
    - Dagon - Neon Walkway
    d5403f5f0e.jpg
    What I would like to see here are 3 minivents. One that comes out bottom left, another one bottom right and the last one above the pipe at the top. With minivent I mean like you did in between energy core and aquarium above that doorway
    - Air Flow
    Forgot to take a picture here but with marines standing in server room, this is quite nasty for aliens. As shown later I'd suggest to redo the vents here.

Here are the RTs that are in the way of the rotation routes:

- Uplink
    33371adcf3.jpg
    - Catwalk
    20f7b7c28e.jpg
    - Aquarium
    4037483286.jpg
    - Approach
    045e72bb62.jpg
    Solutions for those are shown on the map at the end of the post.

Other requests that make the map feel very claustrophobic, restricts movementand complaints of personal taste:

- this part of Descent is very cramped. Pls get rid of that pillar and have it as an open indent
    e0c0591b91.jpg
    - you have no room to manuever around Cradle RT. I'd personally like to have a bigger platform here
    c3cc49d477.jpg
    - this one is not shown on the map at the end but pls remove that vent (it will be replaced by a southern halls to coil vent)
    6631f748f9.jpg
    - remove the glass in monitoring and replace it by some railings. (it's optional but it would give a feeling of more room)
    a501d8c542.jpg
    - in hydroflow, put some pipes or so between the glass tank and that greenish glowing cable box thingy... You have a nice room here which is not used at all since everyone uses that jump as shortcut (I think aliens shoukd still be able to go above that as shortcut)
    dd23986845.jpg

Picture of minimap with all changes I had in mind (Red Box = TP; blue X = RT)
    16223df2b1.png

While this is just roughly drawn and some Lign of sight issues would probably occure if done exactly like that, I think those changes would contribute to getting a better game flow.

I also added an extra lane in the center because I noticed people have fun when rotating between lanes. Makes the game dynamic, more fast paced and less lane camping

Also I moved Subnautics TP so it wouldn't be arcable from the northern central lane
    i really do like some of the changes, i think you got most of the issues correct with this map. certainly worth updating later on.
    changelog 27

This will be a 2 part update and here is the first part.

.expanded uplink a little and moved the rt to a better location
    .expanded catwalk a little and moved the rt to a better location
    .removed the vent from approach to cradle
    .added a vent from pipestream to cradle
    redesigned the vent from southern halls to aquarium
    .removed the rt from aquarium and added props
    .added a new small room to southern halls and added an rt
    .reopened the corridor from coil to southern halls
    .redesigned the vent from dagon to coil
    .increased the size of the generator thingy in hydroflow to stop mariens taking a shortcut.
    .added glass to the balcony in energy core, to prevent easy grenade of the hive there.
    .added various props to the map to imporve cover
    changed some parts of uplink a little bit.

• ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    This map is really hard to skulks and lerks.

The geometry and props make it really hard to skulks to wall jump, especially in areas like Dagon, which are really tough to take back from marines.

Lerks have a hard time finding exits due to the lighting, whereas vents have this very subtle orange, there's tons of other colors which you construe as vents or exits in the heat of combat. I'd suggest lowering your lighting color count to two in each room, with a third color for vents, and probably use a better color to highlight those things. On the same note, don't put lighitng on doors (or door-like props) which don't work.

Also Dagon is really rough, even with the little nook things on the side.
  • Jones108Jones108 Join Date: 2012-12-10 Member: 174670Members
    edited August 2016
    It is true. Dagon is kinda hard to take back from marines. Then again there is a vent to get around, but still maybe something could be done, even tho the corridor looks cool. I am thinking maybe some additional vents in Dagon itself to make the room more dangerous. Otherwise im really liking the new updates. Had alot of fun on Wooza with it today. With some small improvements it should become an official map imo.