ns2_hydra

Comments

• YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2015
    Hey @deathshroud , as you enter Energy Core from Air flow the stairs on the left, theres a gap you can fall down which you cannot climb back out of, much to the amusement of a skulk looking at me for 10 seconds proceeded to bite my head off, will upload screeny when I can
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    ok will check it out, if these gaps keep being a problem i will invisi wall em off
  • [=Alex=][=Alex=] Join Date: 2008-12-25 Member: 65866Members, Squad Five Blue
    Love the looks of this map... Very nice one!
  • WoehlerWoehler Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188684Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    In the beginning I didn't like this map much. But it have gown on me. Plus some changes have helped.
    Probably the best thing about the map is the clear lanes. And the difficulty of base rushes. This mean that a lot of the games on this map end up almost like a siege map.
    Unless you now get Sub/energy spawns. As it break the lanes. But my biggest complain to those spawns would be the distance to your enemy vs the distance to the edge of the map. I mean. It is playable this way. But it really feel like a bug more than a feature...

In regards to this being an official map. Well, I already feel like more people play and like this map more than they enjoy Kodiak.
    edited March 2015
    i plan to remove the link from pipe to sub and instead go sub to coil (where the door is) or possibly link sub to pipe ut instead of linking on the east side link on the north west

the idea of this is to lengthen the distance between sub and energy

i also plan to remove the vent from uplink to receiving as well, i feel as though the little sub corridor of receiving does its job well enough that a vent isnt needed anymore
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    @deathshroud *poke* you done that stuff yet? :D
    i will probably release a greybox version of the changes for sunday. Its unlikely i will be ale to get all the texture and prop work done before then but the layout will be testable
    edited March 2015
    changelog 20

. corridor linking subnautics and pipestream removed
    . new room (hydroflow temp name) has been added and links sub with coil. It is just a greybox
    . new colour for the minimap

5AF3DCD51D1AE690931EC3D919B459D8A5744F65
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    Hi,

For what it's worth.

*After playing several games on this map. I think this map shouldn't be played with too many players. Above 8vs8 (even 7) it starts to be messy.

*In Descent a Onos can fall in the side of the platform and never get out on its own.

*You have a spot light in the middle of nowhere.
    Location 1657.21; -373.81; -16464.83 (Select and and zoom) to see it.

edited March 2015
    changelog 21

. corridor linking coil and southern halls removed
    . new pillars added in subnautics to help aliens and obscure LOS.

-edit
    . marines can now get out of the lower area in hydroflow
    . onos can now escape from under catwalk
    changelog 22

.new custom animated door added to descent (to stop the view distance pop in) made by anti_boson using uwe assets
    . various texture improvements
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos

Hmmm... You should block the open area at the right of Energy Core TP.
    An Exo with a MAC or a backup (JP/welder) is un-lockable.

It's a straight LOS to the hive. You can't go front as you take bullets when he shot at the hive.
    And the North side (air flow) can easily be protected (especially with GL) to ensure the survival of the EXO.

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited April 2015
    I have been enjoying games on this map lately, and my prior concerns about it being too cramped or alien friendly are countered by multiple means now, including the overall small size and some areas being opened up since then.
    Basically the rooms are typically alien friendly with nooks and cover and corners, but are bottlenecked by some long (sometimes wide) hallways to counter that.
    The average low ceiling height means JPs just aren't as effective - and given the relatively small size of the map it feels like PGs aren't needed as much..

Which, really creates a different play style and flow of an NS2 match that I have been enjoying, as it focuses much more on the meat and potatoes of base Marine vs Skulk interaction.
    Still, I worry about small maps suffering the symptoms that Eclipse went through, where it creates a swaying pendulum scenario where actions are too impactful / not as forgiving as they need to be - relegating a map to a small playercount.

I'll play a few more rounds before giving any actual layout or room feedback, but as of right now it is without a doubt the most beautiful community made map out there.. congrats!
  • ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Ahh! There's some missing props!
    Gc22hCv.jpg
    3imyycO.jpg
    edited September 2015
    Yea if anyone knows how to fix this bug then i will fix the map but basically the latest patch for the game broke the map.

I assumed i could fix it by just reloading and re-saving the map in the editor but this is also happening in the editor view. Faces and props are vanishing and re-appearing even in the editor like this and i cant figure out whats causing them to do this. There doesnt seem to be any relation between the faces that disappear, they arent all in the same group or layers.
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    That is a display bug that appears to happen when you have a lot of props/geo visible. I never even noticed the bug exists before Loki told me about it, because I usually only have one or two rooms visible at any one time. It doesn't make things disappear in the level though, it's just a display thing.
    edited September 2015
    That is a display bug that appears to happen when you have a lot of props/geo visible. I never even noticed the bug exists before Loki told me about it, because I usually only have one or two rooms visible at any one time. It doesn't make things disappear in the level though, it's just a display thing.

ah k, well it seems though that the areas disappearing are the same areas disappearing in game. maybe i could give u the level and u can take a look in the editor? The level was working fine before the patch so it must be something that changed with the patch.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts

ah k, well it seems though that the areas disappearing are the same areas disappearing in game. maybe i could give u the level and u can take a look in the editor? The level was working fine before the patch so it must be something that changed with the patch.

There are two things going on here.
    1) Spark is hiding some geo/props because it's trying to crunch too much data (this should be fixed soon).
    2) Latest patch (aka the big build machine patch) saw some assets get removed. They're not gone completely from the game, they've just been renamed, or they were a duplicate prop that got removed, and the original is still out there somewhere.
    BeigeAlert wrote: »

1) Spark is hiding some geo/props because it's trying to crunch too much data (this should be fixed soon).
    2) Latest patch (aka the big build machine patch) saw some assets get removed. They're not gone completely from the game, they've just been renamed, or they were a duplicate prop that got removed, and the original is still out there somewhere.

well none of the props appear missing in the editor so i assume they will be there in game to. Its frustrating because there seems to be no link between the faces/ props that disappear they arent all in the same combination of groups or layers or even have the same properties
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2015
    BeigeAlert wrote: »

well none of the props appear missing in the editor so i assume they will be there in game to. Its frustrating because there seems to be no link between the faces/ props that disappear they arent all in the same combination of groups or layers or even have the same properties

It'll be specific props missing.

EDIT: Anything in the console when you start the map in game?
    changelog 24

. Map is working once again. (any issues let me know)

Had to delete all the offending geometry and paste it once again then assign it all to groups. My guess would be the geo was assigned to some sort of group that didnt exist in my edit of the map.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    As posted on the mods comments.. Its currently broken and spamming lua errors.
    yes I ripped out all other mods to make sure, its this one. :)
    To much spam to post it, but its easy to reproduce by adding the map to your command line and booting the server in, lets say veil. ;)
    ok this has stumped me, i cant figure out what is wrong with this map since the patch.

I removed all the old lua code and it hasnt made a difference, rmeoved all tech points and replaced, deleted game rules and replaced stlll not working.
    edited December 2015
    changelog 24

. map works once again, had to redo the navmesh.
    . moved server room rt to catwalk, should make it a little easier for marines to defend their rts.
    . added more props to pressure control.
    . removed the old lua code from the mod folders
    . Map reverted back to fixed spawns, marines in hydrolift and aliens in test chamber
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I'm glad you managed to fix it! I recently had a workshop issue that broke Caged, I know how it feels.
  • WoehlerWoehler Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188684Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    changelog 24
    . Map reverted back to fixed spawns, marines in hydrolift and aliens in test chamber

Omg. Hydra will once again be fun to play :smile:
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    I realy like you're map! Tough i don't realy like the alien stuff in the aquariums......
    The gorge tunnel the crag the babbler bait's...
    So i was thinking i could help you with Making the aquariums look more interesting.
    I can make some models for sea like plants (if you wan't)
    Then ill mabey skin them and then you can do whatever you wan't with them!
    Also you are realy good at Making walls like realy good!
    But some roofs and floors need more dimensions.
    ~Saffron_Baker
    lussebull wrote: »
    I realy like you're map! Tough i don't realy like the alien stuff in the aquariums......
    So i was thinking i could help you with Making the aquariums look more interesting.
    ~Saffron_Baker

if you make the models lussebull and they look good i wll certainly use em. :)
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    lussebull wrote: »
    ~Saffron_Baker

if you make the models lussebull and they look good i wll certainly use em. :)

And what type of style di you wan't?
    Deepsea?
    Alien?
    Shallow?
    Caves?
    Mid sea?
    And so on..