another crashed ship

bond007bond007 england Join Date: 2016-01-05 Member: 210960Members
In subnautica you can find at least 2 old bases in the game. This means there used to be or still are survivors on this planet but how did they end up getting stranded there? We should add another crashed ship like our ship to show how they got to the planet, how else would they get there? Please reply to the following questions: How did they get there? Why are they there? Who are they? Should we add another crashed ship? I would love to hear your ideas!

Thanks for reading this thread!

Comments

• Invisigoth247Invisigoth247 USA Join Date: 2016-03-06 Member: 213934Members
    There will actually be three bases, the third one will be in the grand reef.

But I agree, It would be cool to stumble upon the Degasi wreckage!
  • TIEbomber1967TIEbomber1967 California Join Date: 2015-09-23 Member: 208109Members
    bond007 wrote: »
    In subnautica you can find at least 2 old bases in the game. This means there used to be or still are survivors on this planet but how did they end up getting stranded there? We should add another crashed ship like our ship to show how they got to the planet, how else would they get there? Please reply to the following questions: How did they get there? Why are they there? Who are they? Should we add another crashed ship? I would love to hear your ideas!

Thanks for reading this thread!
    All these questions are already answered in the game. All you have to to is pick up the abandoned PDAs and read.
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    edited July 2016
    How did they get there?
    Their own spaceship, the Degasi. It crashed just like ours.

Why are they there?
    Explained in PDA's you can pick up in their bases (I'm sorry I can't answer this one off the top of my head; it's been months since I last read them xvx )

Who are they?
    Ditto with the above.

Should we add another crashed ship?
    Sometimes I like imagining some of the larger wrecks we find were part of the Degasi, since there's quite a few of them and they're quite big for the damage the Aurora took. However, the canon reason for why we don't see a second ship seems to be explained in the Degasi survivor's PDA's
    They used their wreckage to help build their bases. Cheaters, they didn't have to farm titanium like we do, they just used their own ship!

It might be interesting if we did see leftovers from their ship, but it wouldn't be a full sized and mostly intact one like the Aurora. If anything, I could see some of the existing wrecks being attributed to the Degasi, though I feel that's unlikely to happen.
  • DactylosDactylos United States Join Date: 2016-07-11 Member: 220055Members
    I'd actually like to see the wrecks of other ships instead of the Degasi. I mean... doesn't this planet have a history of missing ships going back some thirty years? Some old derelict spaceships from other times, or even other species would look really cool. Maybe even have a 'spaceship graveyard' biome.

latest?cb=20061220195050
  • gunmetal563gunmetal563 Join Date: 2015-09-30 Member: 208239Members
    in what lore their is there should be some or a little bit of the Degasi ship left as they couldn't have salvaged the whole ship,
    Dactylos wrote: »
    I'd actually like to see the wrecks of other ships instead of the Degasi. I mean... doesn't this planet have a history of missing ships going back some thirty years? Some old derelict spaceships from other times, or even other species would look really cool. Maybe even have a 'spaceship graveyard' biome.

I have not heard or seen anything like that but if the sector this planet is in is a kind of Bermuda-triangle like I could see finding older and different wreckage from the aura specially sense their suppose to be a big gun somewhere: https://trello.com/c/iwY6FWxX/5739-precursor-gun
  • DactylosDactylos United States Join Date: 2016-07-11 Member: 220055Members
    http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Planet_4546B To quote: "Planet 4546B has a history of missing ships, dating back at least 30 years."

• Yargish89Yargish89 new mexico usa Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217575Members
    How about a smaller ship like 1 or 2 small engine a scouting ship would make sense
  • gunmetal563gunmetal563 Join Date: 2015-09-30 Member: 208239Members
    Dactylos wrote: »
    http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Planet_4546B To quote: "Planet 4546B has a history of missing ships, dating back at least 30 years."

ok I must have missed that anyhow in this case we should find wreckage/ remains of other ships
  • Yargish89Yargish89 new mexico usa Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217575Members
    edited August 2016
    This is true if its in the wiki inless the devs changed their minds... they have the POWER!!!!! LOL (he man joke)
  • TerrazinTerrazin Germany Join Date: 2016-03-01 Member: 213688Members
    Yargish89 wrote: »
    This is true if its in the wiki inless the devs changed their minds... they have the POWER!!!!! LOL (he man joke)

Wiki isn't written by the devs but by the community. Unless something has a good citation it isn't necessarily true. I wouldn't trust the Wiki farther than gameplay aspects and even on those it's frequently wrong.
  • 9Rarro9Rarro Portugal Join Date: 2016-07-28 Member: 220751Members
    I just dont see the crew salvaging an entire ship just to buil three bases and tow observatories unless they have a huge metal storage that the player can find that would be cool
  • aft2001aft2001 Join Date: 2016-08-19 Member: 221500Members
    Someone else explained this but,
    The survivors of the Degasi stripped it down for its Titanium, leaving the skeleton. The skeleton could be found still, but there wouldn't be much other than MAYBE a PDA or two and maybe bits of metal salvage here and there.