Current State of Subnautica and Next Patch

Angelic_RazgrizAngelic_Razgriz USA Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217379Members
Hello all!

I want to first start off by saying I'm willing to stick it out until this game is 100% finished. I bought this game day 1 of xbox preview and I love this game too much to abandon it.

With that in mind lets get straight to the point.

The game is, as some people put it "unplayable," and I can agree with that statement to an extent. Honestly, it's saddening to see the game in such bad shape right now. I really hope you guys (devs) can flesh out this next update to push the Xbox version foward.

When is the next update planned or coming?

A lot of players are quiting because of this and it's sure saddening to see this community almost fall apart because of a botched update. I really want to here the thoughts of the devs here and feedback from the community.

Let us know if you've given up on xbox.

Thanks
- Angelic

Comments

• ChrisshakyChrisshaky England Join Date: 2016-07-27 Member: 220704Members
    I am waiting for for release as in its current state it is not worth putting the hrs in. I have played maybe 200 hrs. Best game i have played in 20 yrs tho.
  • BrokenGamez77BrokenGamez77 United States Join Date: 2016-07-26 Member: 220689Members
    I think they released a hotfix, as the game is playable now. well for me atleast. The only bug i got again in the past day is the brain coral audio loop glitch. So let me know if you'd still call the game unplayable like it was.
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    We're working on the next Xbox patch, which will hopefully improve things a decent amount for Xbox players. It's taking longer than we'd like, but we think it will be worth it.

Looking forward to it :)
    I own both versions but I'm happy to see the X1 version gradually coming up to a stable state~
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    And here I thought, designing for a platform which has the same architecture across all machines it's running on would be easier. That is of course until you push that architecture beyond what it's capable of (pre-alpha resource hog).

Still quite odd there are people with different issues regarding performance on rather similar Xbone hardware, you'd expect either performance or not :D
  • Apostle311Apostle311 Dominican Republic Join Date: 2016-07-09 Member: 219927Members
    Glad to hear its coming along Devs! I've taken a break from the game, no ill intent though, step away for a bit, come back, i think its all healthy in experiencing and participating in this game's growth. Can't wait for the new update, and when it comes out I'll be ready to jump back in and help with listing bugs and so on until the game is finished. Game is not broken for me at the moment, definitely has its bugs, all listed already in various posts, but not unplayable. If we're enjoying this game as much as we are in its current state, and on the xbox mind you, I can't wait to play the final version. Project Scorpio anyone? The future is bright for Subnautica.
  • nettonetto canada Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217126Members
    i purchased day one was waiting on update to play cause for me after 4 hours of bugs and frame rate issues i had enough but now I am actually thinking this game will never run properly on Xbox i don't know but if it runs like this after an update that was supposed to fix performance with the game not even finished and more stuff to add in the game.....pfffffff there's no way this game will ever work or run properly , the supposed last patch was tested hard how is that even possible with all the bugs and frame freezes /rate that pop in after not even an hour in the game playing i don't get it....worst then before , for now it just feels like i have gave 20$ away and i am very doubtful that this game will ever run well on Xbox.

I am really disappointed but i can't blame anyone but myself when i agreed to buy and accept that there is a chance that the game will never be finished or come out and i will have to live with it , its written in clear view when i accepted to buy but no more early access for me that's for sure.
  • xxxL3gitRushxxxxxxL3gitRushxxx United States Join Date: 2016-07-05 Member: 219606Members
    edited July 2016
    netto wrote: »
    i purchased day one was waiting on update to play cause for me after 4 hours of bugs and frame rate issues i had enough but now I am actually thinking this game will never run properly on Xbox i don't know but if it runs like this after an update that was supposed to fix performance with the game not even finished and more stuff to add in the game.....pfffffff there's no way this game will ever work or run properly , the supposed last patch was tested hard how is that even possible with all the bugs and frame freezes /rate that pop in after not even an hour in the game playing i don't get it....worst then before , for now it just feels like i have gave 20$ away and i am very doubtful that this game will ever run well on Xbox.

I am really disappointed but i can't blame anyone but myself when i agreed to buy and accept that there is a chance that the game will never be finished or come out and i will have to live with it , its written in clear view when i accepted to buy but no more early access for me that's for sure.

People like you need to stop complaining about the game not functoning the way you expected it too, saying "this was a waste of money because the game is not working and broken". Well there is a reason why there is a 1 hour free trial, so you can see how the game is and think if you want to buy it. So just stop the complaining, there is a reason why its in the preview program, so you can play and experience the game and help the developers by issuing on what needs to be fixed, added, or removed to make the game better. So stop the complaining on you "wasting your money", it was your choice and your fault you bought the game and dont like it. You had the chance to try it free.
  • nettonetto canada Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217126Members

People like you need to stop complaining about the game not functoning the way you expected it too, saying "this was a waste of money because the game is not working and broken". Well there is a reason why there is a 1 hour free trial, so you can see how the game is and think if you want to buy it. So just stop the complaining, there is a reason why its in the preview program, so you can play and experience the game and help the developers by issuing on what needs to be fixed, added, or removed to make the game better. So stop the complaining on you "wasting your money", it was your choice and your fault you bought the game and dont like it. You had the chance to try it free.

I tried it before buying but you need more then 1 hour to realize how bugged it is and after 3-4 hours like i said day 1 purchase after trying the trial i had enough and once you get a cyclop....... its like having a seizure with all the frame freezing / skipping....just this should be 1st priority for them if its an early access if they want people to actually test the game make the frame rate playable, i have been waiting on this update since day one release and it just made things worst ,i am also tired of people like you complaining on people complaining, i want shit done right and i am speaking out on the thing the devs said , if you have read the devs notes before the last update hit well clearly they lied on the testing , don't take me for a morron if you say you have been on these forums this update wasn't tested like they said they did ........just with the bubble sound bug how can they not have seen / heard that if they tested the game for more then half and hour with and Xbox One plugged in at the office so please keep sucking them balls in your positive LALA land bubble.......

i don't like when i feel deceived and lied to i have read all the devs post every week since launch waiting patiently and respectfully <--- (( not like in this post )) for the 1st update to hit and its all bullcrap to me game is worst......fucking tested yeah right......bubble sounds not even 10 mins in pfffffffffff

be back next update, if the game is playable enough for testing the things you are testing before you release it to us. lol.....

French Canadian and my written french is even worst then my written english i haven't gone to school much and i don't care so grammar nazis i am saving you some time!
  • xxxL3gitRushxxxxxxL3gitRushxxx United States Join Date: 2016-07-05 Member: 219606Members

I tried it before buying but you need more then 1 hour to realize how bugged it is and after 3-4 hours like i said day 1 purchase after trying the trial i had enough and once you get a cyclop....... its like having a seizure with all the frame freezing / skipping....just this should be 1st priority for them if its an early access if they want people to actually test the game make the frame rate playable, i have been waiting on this update since day one release and it just made things worst ,i am also tired of people like you complaining on people complaining, i want **** done right and i am speaking out on the thing the devs said , if you have read the devs notes before the last update hit well clearly they lied on the testing , don't take me for a morron if you say you have been on these forums this update wasn't tested like they said they did ........just with the bubble sound bug how can they not have seen / heard that if they tested the game for more then half and hour with and Xbox One plugged in at the office so please keep sucking them balls in your positive LALA land bubble.......

i don't like when i feel deceived and lied to i have read all the devs post every week since launch waiting patiently and respectfully <--- (( not like in this post )) for the 1st update to hit and its all bullcrap to me game is worst......**** tested yeah right......bubble sounds not even 10 mins in pfffffffffff

be back next update, if the game is playable enough for testing the things you are testing before you release it to us. lol.....

French Canadian and my written french is even worst then my written english i haven't gone to school much and i don't care so grammar nazis i am saving you some time!

Then just try to take a postive turn like me and others. an attitude like that isn't helping the developers any, so try to be positive with the game now and after the hotfix. you're complaining about a game basically in an "alpha" state. So grow up and be patient, you wanted the game in this state on day 1, so you got it, it's gonna get better, so perk up and be positive.
  • Mk2Mk2 Join Date: 2016-07-08 Member: 219848Members
    edited August 2016
    Thank you for keeping us in the loop!

I'll keep checking back and you can be sure I will resume playing and testing ASAP after the fix gets deployed...

While I agree with OP, the detractors of criticism need to understand that people only take the time to critique because they actually care. And yes we all had an hour to try the game before buying it, but personally that was before the update broke almost every aspect of the game in one way or another... I don't mind the game currently being unfinished, buggy or needing optimization, that is what I signed up for with the Preview! And I don't mind giving feedback or reporting bugs (we even had an ingame function for it before it broke), BUT it's a real shame and a bit of a waste to see the game getting measurably worse and not better with updates on the Xbox One... Just trying to explain the point of view. You may disagree :)
  • SlackerstuSlackerstu Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217432Members
    So far MK2 there has only been one intended update for xbox and that broke so they rushed another so at least it is playable. 1 update...did kinda make it worse i agree and thank you for stating your opinion civilly but there is hope! UW hired an xbox playtester who is in the new version testing right now and will only release the patch IF it is an upgrade from the current state. I'm very happy to see more in house testing and more than happy to wait for a tested step forward to be applied. Soooo excited but I think i can make 2 more weeks lol. (this week for UW testing and 1 for xbox cert)
  • submarinex1submarinex1 undersea Join Date: 2016-08-02 Member: 220925Members
    edited August 2016
    Hello all!

I want to first start off by saying I'm willing to stick it out until this game is 100% finished. I bought this game day 1 of xbox preview and I love this game too much to abandon it.

With that in mind lets get straight to the point.

The game is, as some people put it "unplayable," and I can agree with that statement to an extent. Honestly, it's saddening to see the game in such bad shape right now. I really hope you guys (devs) can flesh out this next update to push the Xbox version foward.

When is the next update planned or coming?

A lot of players are quiting because of this and it's sure saddening to see this community almost fall apart because of a botched update. I really want to here the thoughts of the devs here and feedback from the community.

Let us know if you've given up on xbox.

Thanks
    - Angelic

1 question why did you buy a clearly labled alpha.
    2 whose quiting?, its single player game not world of warcraft.
    3 for late stage alpha even bugs most have work around