should the cyclops be able to dock both the seamoth and the mech suit at the same time.

JackTheDuckJackTheDuck Pith Join Date: 2016-07-26 Member: 220667Members
I think it would great if you could put the mechsuit and the seamoth in the cyclops at the same time. Because what happens if you are really deep exploring the lost river biome or something and you needed to use the mechsuit and had to go all the way back to your base and grab it, then bring it all the way back.
I think it would be really cool if you were able to put an upgrade in the cyclops(or at least have another submarine that can).

P.S if the developers read this please add a dockng station for the cyclops.

Comments

• RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    Well, the seamoth's maximum depth is being cut back to 900 or so tops, so if your intention is to go real deep, you wouldn't be bringing the lil' sub with you anyway.

A third submarine is almost guaranteed to be out of the question, given the limited time and resources UKW has. Possibly post-1.0 if they feel it's worth it, but I wouldn't get your hopes up (Which is a shame since that Draconis sub looked awesome)

I think there were plans for a docking station of sorts, but I'm not sure what the state of that is... If it's been put on the backburner or what.
  • HYBRID1313HYBRID1313 Australia Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215179Members
    The Cyclops serves as a base away from home, so, you should prepare before exploring and prepare for a certain thing. The Exosuit will have its benefits and so will the Seamoth, so you should choose between which vehicle you will take according to what your goal is - that is my thought
  • TerrazinTerrazin Germany Join Date: 2016-03-01 Member: 213688Members
    Mechsuit will basically be your exploration vehicle for great dephs while the Seamoth is basically for shallow and medium dephs. Given that the Cyclops is comparably slow and you shouldn't really go all over the place in one journey it shouldn't be difficult to decide what you need for your trip.
    Besides adding a second docking bay would probably need a major overhaul of the model and I don't think they are willing to do that. That is just speculation though.
  • SiegeSiege Join Date: 2016-07-07 Member: 219769Members
    If you want to dock both you're gonna need a bigger boat.
  • BloodGod22BloodGod22 England Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219708Members
    I feel like the Cyclops is a tad too small to fit everything in. Which is why the Manta or Draconis would have been a really good addition to the game. Larger subs with a massive vehicle bay would make me very happy.
  • SiegeSiege Join Date: 2016-07-07 Member: 219769Members
    The Draconis concept art is schmexy.
  • JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members
    I want a dive platform with a Seamoth dock on the side, and Exosuit dock on the bottom. When you enter the exosuit it will lower you to the sea floor. Return to the docking cable to be pulled back to the surface. Must attach to the Cyclops to move the platform.
  • TerrazinTerrazin Germany Join Date: 2016-03-01 Member: 213688Members
    Jacara wrote: »
    I want a dive platform with a Seamoth dock on the side, and Exosuit dock on the bottom. When you enter the exosuit it will lower you to the sea floor. Return to the docking cable to be pulled back to the surface. Must attach to the Cyclops to move the platform.

Since most Exosuit areas will probably be caves I am not sure how useful that would actually be.
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    I'd go the opposite direction and go with something smaller than the cyclops. Something like a tugboat, that can pick up an Exosuit and quickly move it around and use big cargo containers to transport larger amounts of material from A to B faster and more convenient than a Cyclops would. Just with less immunity and not as much utility.
  • DactylosDactylos United States Join Date: 2016-07-11 Member: 220055Members
    Siege wrote: »
    The Draconis concept art is schmexy.

Does anyone have a link to the concept arts of these other subs?
  • HYBRID1313HYBRID1313 Australia Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215179Members
    All dem subs are seductive. If they aren't added in the multiplayer version, hopefully a modder will take it into their hands ;)
    I just don't see them as very practical at the moment. They are waaaay too big to be used in shallow waters, like the safe shallows, kelp forests or any kind of underwater caves/mountain range.

They would need a good reason to be in game other than bigger size.
  • SlackerstuSlackerstu Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217432Members
    Maybe it just needs a booster set or glide system that is not a new vehicle but rather a small addition to the existing exosuit. Some small frame just big enough for power, buoyancy and additional propulsion so you'd still pilot the exo but be able to glide mid-water to a drop location and detach/drop to the floor when ready. Kind of like the hyperdrive boosters used in starwars now that I type it out but something like that.