Lava sea...

BalkanBalkan Spain Join Date: 2016-07-20 Member: 220465Members
Diving deeper and deeper i found a cave and it guides me to a lava sea
266a57bfe8113e455384ac7a7a30e6d9.jpg
And of course i build a house...
5c5d74483d042844dfabcce5f468cdfa.jpg
The right image guy... maybe will be... Satan? Or a bug... Only Gods know it...

Comments

• JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members
    The guy is a size reference marker for the development team.
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    You've stumbled upon the inactive lava zone. It's going to be even more incredible once it's done.
  • Invisigoth247Invisigoth247 USA Join Date: 2016-03-06 Member: 213934Members
    Keep looking around that area and you will find the Emperor Facility.
  • DagothUrDagothUr Florida Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220125Members
    edited July 2016
    What I find most amusing about the Hell Biome is the temperature. You may notice that those lava beds are actually colder than the water near the surface. No thermal power for you!

oue0tf4urrv1.jpg
  • LeonDOGELeonDOGE France Join Date: 2016-01-16 Member: 211525Members
    Please refer to this area with its official name "Active Lava Zone".
    You've stumbled upon the inactive lava zone. It's going to be even more incredible once it's done.

Wrong biome.

• CeepsCeeps Join Date: 2005-01-23 Member: 37626Members
    How are you in a seamoth at that depth? I think mine would be crushed past 900m. I think only my cyclops can go that low.
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    Ceeps wrote: »
    How are you in a seamoth at that depth? I think mine would be crushed past 900m. I think only my cyclops can go that low.

Creative mode most likely.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Ceeps wrote: »

Probably in creative mode. Pressure doesn't matter there.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    DagothUr wrote: »
    What I find most amusing about the Hell Biome is the temperature. You may notice that those lava beds are actually colder than the water near the surface. No thermal power for you!

Pretty sure that will change before the game is done.
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    Water doesn't boil at that depth until around 200°C. Yet the coldest flowing lava is around 500-600°C. Which means every glowing spot there should be inundated with bubbles.
    Though that would probably make a lava impression out of the average hardware.
  • JB940JB940 Join Date: 2016-07-14 Member: 220248Members
    Fathom wrote: »
    Water doesn't boil at that depth until around 200°C. Yet the coldest flowing lava is around 500-600°C. Which means every glowing spot there should be inundated with bubbles.
    Though that would probably make a lava impression out of the average hardware.

The world of subnautica might have different pressures than our world does though, and maybe different type of water/lava (molecule combinations) as well. It's not implausible it'd need higher temperatures
  • RhaniiRhanii USA Join Date: 2016-07-20 Member: 220487Members
    JB940 wrote: »

The world of subnautica might have different pressures than our world does though, and maybe different type of water/lava (molecule combinations) as well. It's not implausible it'd need higher temperatures

Higher pressure sure, but a different kind of water? If it's not H2O then it's not water. Period. Two hydrogen atoms and an oxygen atom make one water molecule, always and only a water molecule. And if the oceans aren't water, then it's really unlikely a human could eat or drink anything from that ocean no matter the technology used to cook it.
    There are even here on earth some different kinds of lava depending on exactly what combination of minerals are in it and the amount of dissolved gasses. There's a volcano in Chile that produces molten sulphur lava which is much cooler than most other lavas. And a really weird volcano named Ol Doinyo Lengai that makes lava that looks black when it flows and grey when it cools. So yeah, the lava could be cooler than most normal lavas on earth, but it would have to be hotter than the water, or else the rocks from it wouldn't be rocks.

• dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    Rhanii wrote: »
    JB940 wrote: »

Higher pressure sure, but a different kind of water? If it's not H2O then it's not water. Period. Two hydrogen atoms and an oxygen atom make one water molecule, always and only a water molecule. And if the oceans aren't water, then it's really unlikely a human could eat or drink anything from that ocean no matter the technology used to cook it.
    There are even here on earth some different kinds of lava depending on exactly what combination of minerals are in it and the amount of dissolved gasses. There's a volcano in Chile that produces molten sulphur lava which is much cooler than most other lavas. And a really weird volcano named Ol Doinyo Lengai that makes lava that looks black when it flows and grey when it cools. So yeah, the lava could be cooler than most normal lavas on earth, but it would have to be hotter than the water, or else the rocks from it wouldn't be rocks.

How about the devs just havent had the time to add something as small as bubbles around every bit of lava?
  • RhaniiRhanii USA Join Date: 2016-07-20 Member: 220487Members

How about the devs just havent had the time to add something as small as bubbles around every bit of lava?

I agree, especially since the game is still in development. Makes far more sense than there being a "different type of water"