Good god stalker teeth are hard to get

tanelorntanelorn usa Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219433Members
I've tried searching the low areas of the kelp forest, I've tried baiting with metal, I've let them bite my seamoth... I observed stalkers pick up and put down HUNDREDS of scrap metal pieces and not a single drop. I have spent hours hunting for them in the forests. I get maybe 1 tooth an hour. Is it this build? Is it me? There are some really important things that require enameled glass and I am completely stagnant!

Comments

• LonnehartLonnehart Guam Join Date: 2016-06-20 Member: 218816Members
    Find a Stalker. If you see it carrying metal scrap, follow it. Once it drops it off, wait. Other Stalkers will show up to steal the metal scrap and there's a chance their teeth will drop. Got quite a bit of teeth this way. Just be careful when you step out of your Seamoth to retrieve them... You are using a Seamoth, right?
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    You need more than one Stalker for it to be effective because they start taking the metal from each other and keep moving from one's pile to make their own. Keeps them busy.
  • tanelorntanelorn usa Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219433Members
    thanks for the advice ill work on that
  • HPAlphaHPAlpha Douglas Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219531Members
    I got lots of teeth by breeding a couple stalkers, releasing them near my base and dropping a couple chunks of salvage nearby, they played with the metal endlessly and dropped dozens of teeth, now I have more than I can ever hope to use lol
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    I find the best way to get teeth is to stay in the Seamoth and go harass some Stalkers. Watch them pick up scrap metal and they sometimes lose a tooth, if they don't, ram them with the Seamoth and back off, let them charge and bite the Seamoth, sometimes they drop a tooth that way too.
  • SimpersonSimperson NJ Join Date: 2016-01-18 Member: 211595Members
    1. build big fish tank.
    2. find stalker eggs
    3. hatch stalker eggs
    4. let stalkers breed
    5. bring 3-4 stalkers and 4-5 metal scraps to a spot and watch it start raining teeth.
  • scubamattscubamatt Georgia, USA Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217295Members
    It also helps if you prep the area where the stalkers are going to play with the metal scraps, or where they seem to try and stash the metal (like a nest area). I take the time to dig the sand away into a shallow pit. When the teeth do drop, they almost always roll into the center of the pit area, easy to see, easy to recover later.
  • Duff_McDugginDuff_McDuggin Join Date: 2015-07-02 Member: 205964Members
    edited July 2016
    Guaranteed recipe for a bounty of stalker teeth. Build large aquarium. Hatch at least 4 stalker eggs in aquarium. Gather about 10 to 15 pieces of scrap and put them in a tight pile on the edge of the kelp forest where it meets safe shallows. Release the hatched stalkers directly above the scrap pile and swim away. The location is so the stalkers dont swim away and head to a kelp forest. The boarder between where safe shallows meets kelp works well so you can see the bounty of teeth. After a few minutes there will be a pile of teeth. My favorite method thus far.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    I've yet to have any trouble getting teeth. I just go places where there are stalkers and scan the ground for a bit.
  • DurzannDurzann France Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219575Members
    Guaranteed recipe for a bounty of stalker teeth. Build large aquarium. Hatch at least 4 stalker eggs in aquarium. Gather about 10 to 15 pieces of scrap and put them in a tight pile on the edge of the kelp forest where it meets safe shallows. Release the hatched stalkers directly above the scrap pile and swim away. The location is so the stalkers dont swim away and head to a kelp forest. The boarder between where safe shallows meets kelp works well so you can see the bounty of teeth. After a few minutes there will be a pile of teeth. My favorite method thus far.

Same thing for me but i just terraform a big hole under my base and put the stalkers in it (You dont care about the biome). stalkers farm teeth in a safe cage accessible with hatch
    If only we were badass mercenaries... we could just go out there and wrestle the teeth from them...
  • DurzannDurzann France Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219575Members
    Lonnehart wrote: »
    If only we were badass mercenaries... we could just go out there and wrestle the teeth from them...

I tried .... but i was quickly bored. It's like fishing in minecraft.
  • DogorskiDogorski United States Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219714Members
    It's really hard to do tbh.
    I don't have a Seamoth, so once the 2nd or 3rd Stalker drops the metal I'll try to get close to look for teeth but then another Stalker approaches so I get attacked instantly.
  • Yama1291Yama1291 Switzerland Join Date: 2015-04-19 Member: 203630Members
    This has been mentioned already. Figgured I'd still post this just to show you how it can look after a few days if you let a pet-stalker do the work for you.
    http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/267219116267521652/313E1A68BF1D725127E9FC23F6C06C53394DA5AD/
  • scubamattscubamatt Georgia, USA Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217295Members
    edited July 2016
    You could also deploy a Grav Sphere near the Stalker nest area (or wherever they are constantly picking up and dropping the metal). It grabs every small loose object in the area and pulls it closer to itself with little tendrils of energy.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    Or you could be a man, like me, and punch that stalker in the face to get his teeth :D
  • GC13GC13 Texas Join Date: 2016-07-08 Member: 219829Members
    I had a lot of trouble getting stalker teeth until I lucked out and happened upon two stalkers and two small piles of scrap metal. They would alternate piles, picking a piece of scrap up, taking it to the other pile, dropping it, and picking up the other piece of scrap from the pile. I finally got the teeth I needed.
    Myrm wrote: »
    Or you could be a man, like me, and punch that stalker in the face to get his teeth :D

I still vote on being like that female merc. Just go up to it, grab hold of its jawas and teeth, and wrestle the suckers out!

But I'm not that badass, so I'll still settle on sitting with my seamoth nearby a junkpile and watch the teeth fall as the stalkers steal from each other.
  • mrjreapersmrjreapers Ireland Join Date: 2016-04-20 Member: 216012Members
    @tanelorn If you have the aurora repaired try this technique, works for the moment.
  • ToothlessToothless Uderwater Join Date: 2016-07-10 Member: 220019Members
    Gave two stalkers some peeper fish and then dropped some metal for them to play with. Walked between them as they played and picked up teeth. Left with 19 teeth.
  • DagothUrDagothUr Florida Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220125Members
    1) Put a Repulsion Cannon in your left hand and a Propulsion Cannon in your right hand.
    2) Fire Propulsion cannon at a Stalker's mouth and hold it snared.
    3) Fire Repulsion Cannon at the Stalker's body.
    4) Grab tooth hovering in front of you.
    5) Revel in your medieval dentistry skills.
  • AncoliusAncolius Nederland Join Date: 2015-02-01 Member: 201148Members
    edited July 2016
    Get some floaters and the propulsion gun then stick them on the stalker eventually they can't dive then all you need to do is give it scrap.
    Careful you don't kill it though, shooting a couple of them can kill the stalker
  • DakoDako Canada Join Date: 2016-07-03 Member: 219523Members
    I had like 6 stalkers fighting each over metal scrap near my base. x.x Went outside and there was enough teeth to fill two lockers.

I think the best way, is to get some stalker eggs, grow some of them, and then put down like 4 pieces of scrap and release them outside. That's the easiest way as far as I can tell. If there's 3-5 in the same place, there'll be a lot of teeth.

Buuut that's just from what I saw.
  • OsydiusOsydius France Join Date: 2015-09-19 Member: 208031Members
    Sidchicken wrote: »
    I've yet to have any trouble getting teeth. I just go places where there are stalkers and scan the ground for a bit.

Honestly no need for a Stalker farm. Before I used to wait until I needed them to collect them, which was a pain. Now, I simply keep my eyes peeled for them as soon as the game starts and everytime I pass through the Kelp Forest. If I see one, I pick it up even if it means dropping someting else first. With this technique, I usually find myself with 5 to 10 teeth in reserve by the time I need them for the Cyclops and Scanner Room. Although, I don't go crazy on Observatories so that may be why I don't need that many teeth.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    Osydius wrote: »
    Sidchicken wrote: »

Honestly no need for a Stalker farm. Before I used to wait until I needed them to collect them, which was a pain. Now, I simply keep my eyes peeled for them as soon as the game starts and everytime I pass through the Kelp Forest. If I see one, I pick it up even if it means dropping something else first. With this technique, I usually find myself with 5 to 10 teeth in reserve by the time I need them for the Cyclops and Scanner Room. Although, I don't go crazy on Observatories so that may be why I don't need that many teeth.

I agree with both these posts. There are plenty of teeth out there, you just need to look hard for them. Remember, there's more than one kelp forest biome.
    edited July 2016
    Farms are just handy spots to acquire teeth from. As many others have posted in this thread (good suggestions/farms) just prep an area breed some stalkers in a alien containment. Grab some metal and the stalkers you bred. head out to the area you prepped and drop everything (stalkers 1st) and wait a few minutes. And you have a infinite supply of stalker teeth. Oh and plenty of medi kits just in case something goes horribly wrong. Why make the job harder then it needs to be when you could be exploring.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    You'd think those suckers would run out of teeth eventually....
    @Sidchicken you would think that alrite. On my first farm I think I had 4 stalkers and they dropped enough teeth to fill a locker.