[Appliance]Protein Extractor

FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
As the name suggests, the protein Extractor processes food into Protein Blocks. It has a storage, where you can throw food similar to the Bioreactor. Over time and with energy consumption, a Protein Block is produced, provided the food in the Extractor is enough. If energy or food runs out, the process stops at the percentage mark and will continued when working conditions are met again.

Different food has different amounts of protein content with fish generally having more than vegetables and fruits. Total nutrition value needed to form a Protein Block should be several times the nutrition value of the food put into the processor, balancing high value, durable food with efficiency and time/energy requirements.

Location of fragments for this appliance would be similar to other end game technology like the Water Filtration Machine.

Comments

• SlackerstuSlackerstu Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217432Members
    edited July 2016
    Essentially a vampire gun lol. Swim past sucking the life force out of the living environment. Kinda like the concept but easy to abuse as a weapon and turn all the airsacks swimming near my base into shriveled up and depleted raisin fish.

*Edit: Ooh maybe as an upgrade to the stasis rifle would make a lot of sense. Biomater caught in the stasis field donates to the protein cube.
  • TerrazinTerrazin Germany Join Date: 2016-03-01 Member: 213688Members
    Slackerstu wrote: »
    Essentially a vampire gun lol. Swim past sucking the life force out of the living environment. Kinda like the concept but easy to abuse as a weapon and turn all the airsacks swimming near my base into shriveled up and depleted raisin fish.

*Edit: Ooh maybe as an upgrade to the stasis rifle would make a lot of sense. Biomater caught in the stasis field donates to the protein cube.

Where do you get the idea that this is supposed to be a gun? I was under the impression it is meant as a appliance in the base (as the title suggests).
  • SlackerstuSlackerstu Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217432Members
    Um...It was pre coffee?.. My mind must have taken that leap, good catch :) still contributes towards the post i suppose
  • CaptainRedbeardCaptainRedbeard Colorado Join Date: 2016-07-29 Member: 220779Members
    I like this idea. Mainly because you have to eat so many little things to fill you up. And I assume this protein block wouldn't spoil meaning you could continuously create them and store them. This would also save on space as they would be more densely packed with nutrition. They could even re-use the same nutrient block item that you start the game with.
  • HexivaHexiva The Inactive Lava Zone Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219670Members
    This would be really useful since I have more food than I know what to do with now.