A new purpose to save the Rock Puncher?

HYBRID1313HYBRID1313 Australia Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215179Members
Hey all,
The Rock Puncher is on the chopping block with the removal of terraforming, as you may know. However, instead of having the Rock Puncher punch away at terrain, what if we had him punch away at the 'Drillable Resources' for the Exosuit? This would mean no damage to the Terrain and the Rock Puncher could play as an interaction between the player and itself. For example, you dive deep and find a Rock Puncher punching a large (drillable) boulder, causing oodles of that (useful to you) resource to fly out and land below it as it searches for Rock Grubs in the boulder. What if, you could capture some of the Rockgrubs you find in a cave (by hand, or maybe by jar? lol) where the Rock Puncher can't go and give those Rock Grubs to the Rock Puncher, which will then cause it to move away from the boulder and allow you to pick up the loot safely.
I'm aware this will add to the Dev time and that they probably don't have the spare resources for it (sadly), but it may be a method of saving the 'what would be a waste' of textures and concept art already made for the Rock Puncher (model on Sketchfab). I'm also aware that he is a fan favourite, but anyways, just an idea :tongue:
Thanks for reading and if you'd like, please comment your thoughts below! :smile:
Regards,
Hybrid

Comments

• ComitoComito USA Join Date: 2016-07-07 Member: 219777Members
    Sounds like a pretty good idea. Really like the rock puncher and I'd hate for it to just get scrapped.
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    Same here, it would be a shame if they just scrapped Rocky without giving him a chance.
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    HYBRID1313 wrote: »
    Hey all,
    The Rock Puncher is on the chopping block with the removal of terraforming, as you may know. However, instead of having the Rock Puncher punch away at terrain, what if we had him punch away at the 'Drillable Resources' for the Exosuit?

That's exactly what i've had in mind!!
  • BloodGod22BloodGod22 England Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219708Members
    Despite what the Trello board says, Rockpuncher is not on the chopping block because of the removal of the Terraformer. It's because we only have so much time to devote to new creatures, and that guy is a pretty complicated one to design and program. I'm sure he'll make it into the game at some point, even without the terraforming ability, if not for 1.0 then hopefully for a post release update.

Which biome is he going to be added to? He sort of looks like he would fit in the Lava Zone, but the artwork for him shows a different one.