Console Commands problem

ColtRColtR USA Join Date: 2016-07-07 Member: 219788Members
I've never used a forum before so if I'm asking this wrong don't judge me too hard. But, I can't get console commands to work on my computer. The F3 F8 thing doesn't work and none of the F shortcuts work for that matter. I couldn't use F8 to go to the bug issue page, I had to go through the menu itself to get to it. I have windows 10 so idk if that's the issue because commands work fine on all my other games, just not this one. Also my game won't load after update 67. But my main thing is the console commands problem. Thanks

Comments

• WaviestBow6WaviestBow6 Join Date: 2016-06-05 Member: 218131Members
    Ya, not to sure it works fine for me in windows 10 sorry :(
  • yomamayomama On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members
    Um...so I remember that I had an issue getting them to work. You have to check or uncheck a box at the top of what comes up weekend you get the thing from initially pressing f3 in order to get the ~ to make the console box appear. I'll go see if I can find the help thing I used and link it
    From gamefaqs
    Press F3 and you'll see a checkbox ticked in the top left saying: "Disable Console". Press F8 to get a mouse cursor and uncheck the box to activate the console. Once the console is enabled, press "Enter" then type in the command. Whenever you restart the game, you need to press one of the overlay keys first (e.g. F3) before pressing the console key.

So if f8 didn't give you the mouse cursor I believe you can press tab to open inventory to get the cursor.

As for your issue getting the f keys to work, maybe your keyboard has a key "Fn" that you press and hold to activate the f functions on the upper f keys? That's how my Toshiba works. If not, go and Google how to activate then on your particular pc. Let me know if you need more help.
  • ColtRColtR USA Join Date: 2016-07-07 Member: 219788Members
    yomama wrote: »
    From gamefaqs
    Press F3 and you'll see a checkbox ticked in the top left saying: "Disable Console". Press F8 to get a mouse cursor and uncheck the box to activate the console. Once the console is enabled, press "Enter" then type in the command. Whenever you restart the game, you need to press one of the overlay keys first (e.g. F3) before pressing the console key.

So if f8 didn't give you the mouse cursor I believe you can press tab to open inventory to get the cursor.

As for your issue getting the f keys to work, maybe your keyboard has a key "Fn" that you press and hold to activate the f functions on the upper f keys? That's how my Toshiba works. If not, go and Google how to activate then on your particular pc. Let me know if you need more help.
    OMG thank you! I have a Dell xps 13 and I had to hold Fn while pressing the Fkeys to make them work. You just saved me from constantly making knives cause mine keep disappearing.