So this planet we're on is just beginning to evolve land animals?

LonnehartLonnehart Guam Join Date: 2016-06-20 Member: 218816Members
As a relatively new player (I bought this game about two weeks ago I think) I've really come to love this game. And after looking at the world around me and the condition of the land masses I'm guessing the planet is only now beginning to evolve land or air creatures? I bet it's going to take a very long time before we see anything more complicated than those spider things due to the amount of land there is.

I guess I've been playing this game so much that I'm starting to form theories about it (yep... 75 hours total according to Steam)...

Comments

• Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    That's what the Forums are for, sharing your ideas and theories. Also bug reporting. Back to the legged animals though, I, personally would love to see some land animals or amphibious animals that walk along the bottom of the ocean but occasionally swim from time to time.
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    edited June 2016
    I would love to see some sort of land animal or amphibious creature that both walks on land and on the sea floor, but also swims around too. i think that something like that would be awesome! Have you been on the forums long? Edit: sorry for the double post. My computer went crazy and turned of so I assumed that the other post (top) got deleted.
  • WarViperWarViper Texas Join Date: 2016-04-27 Member: 216062Members
    We only see a small snippet of the planet so its hard to say how much land there may or may not be. For all we know there could be dinosaurs or even an intelligent race of beings located elsewhere on this planet.
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    Agreed, there might even be continents somewhere.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    edited June 2016
    WarViper wrote: »
    We only see a small snippet of the planet so its hard to say how much land there may or may not be. For all we know there could be dinosaurs or even an intelligent race of beings located elsewhere on this planet.

According to Devs we are soon to find out whats going on with this world. Official release is due somewhere end of August / september and we'll seemingly have all the story infos by then

Also, theres already bits of infos out on the Wiki about an advanced race of beings called The Precursors. Its very limited infos but it promises to be fun i hope :smiley:

• LonnehartLonnehart Guam Join Date: 2016-06-20 Member: 218816Members
    I would love to see some sort of land animal or amphibious creature that both walks on land and on the sea floor, but also swims around too. i think that something like that would be awesome! Have you been on the forums long? Edit: sorry for the double post. My computer went crazy and turned of so I assumed that the other post (top) got deleted.

Been lurking for a bit, but only started posting yesterday. I was just speculating about the planet because I like science and was curious. I was just wondering what stage of development the planet was on (compared to Earth). Maybe a lot of the planet is artificial? I'm not seeing things like thunderstorms in the game...
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    Lonnehart wrote: »
    I'm not seeing things like thunderstorms in the game...

I'd chalk that up to limitations in resources and development time than something going on with the planet itself. It'd be cool to see thundertorms, waterspouts, or even meteor showers - but that's not what the development resources are going into.
    Doesn't mean they're not there and can't/don't happen, it's just not something implemented into the game.

Maybe in the future...?
  • LonnehartLonnehart Guam Join Date: 2016-06-20 Member: 218816Members
    I hope so. It'd be great for dramatic effect. You climb out of your pod to check your surroundings after having ejected from the Aurora, and you can barely see the ship in flames amidst the heavy rain and lightning all around you...

And when the ship explodes, the thunderclouds clear away as you sit on your pod, watching any chance of you getting home go away...