SteamOs

LodgingThunderLodgingThunder Join Date: 2016-06-28 Member: 219251Members
Hi I have recently been working on making a steam machine. After geting everything working I went to try to install Subnautica but found out it was not compatible with the steamos. are there any plans for making it compatible? I enjoy using steamos and dont really want to make it a windows 10 but i will if it means that i can play your game. Thank you!

Comments

• r3pekr3pek Portugal Join Date: 2016-06-29 Member: 219277Members
    Please please please.... this.

I don't mind testing/sign NDAs/code/whatever... I'll just do anything to get it working on linux *not* via wine.
  • r3pekr3pek Portugal Join Date: 2016-06-29 Member: 219277Members
    Yeah, I voted there... Funny thing is, while on the forum poll there is 0 votes for OSX, they have support for it. Linux (while being similar in term of technology to OSX) has 22 votes and no support :(
  • Sigil_ThaneSigil_Thane Oklahoma, USA Join Date: 2016-01-03 Member: 210855Members
    I agree... it's depressing.
  • thibaultmolthibaultmol Belgium Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219432Members
    +1 for Linux support . #NoTuxNoBux

I saw this game on Cool Ghosts's youtube video and really liked the idea but when I saw there was no linux support I just added it to my wishlist. Hope to see Linux support (Good Linux support that is)

Thanks in advance!
  • gururisegururise Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219587Members
    edited July 2016
    Saw this game and bought it just to play under wine (in Linux) so you guys probably registered that as a Windows sale even though I don't even run Windows...unfortunately I couldn't get it running in wine. I have two other Linux machines in my household and would happily buy two more copies once Linux/SteamOS Is supported.
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    I'm gonna admit this. I saw this thread and thought it was about a Valve sponsored cereal.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    For now we're not working on a SteamOS port. We're focusing on Windows, Mac & Xbox. We have a very small team so any platform we support we want to make sure we can do so fully.
  • LodgingThunderLodgingThunder Join Date: 2016-06-28 Member: 219251Members
    Thanks! I'm getting it installed on my other computer now. Hope it works XD. You guys are the best! I know when I fix my computer up enough to play it, it will be an amazing game. For a small team you guys do amazing things. Thanks for answering my question. Hope to see more amazing things in the future.
  • rikkiirikkii Spain Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219675Members
    Not the OP, but I like to thank you for the reply, Obraxis. My gaming rig uses Linux and I have had much success with running games under Wine. With Subnautica, unfortunately, I could get it to run, but the screen is tinted white. After the introductory mission, the one in which we have to extinguish the fire, I tried to dive into the water but the screen turned solid white, which could be tied to forcing DirectX 9. Wouldn't it be a good option to enable OpenGL in the meantime?
  • Sigil_ThaneSigil_Thane Oklahoma, USA Join Date: 2016-01-03 Member: 210855Members
    rikkii wrote: »
    Not the OP, but I like to thank you for the reply, Obraxis. My gaming rig uses Linux and I have had much success with running games under Wine. With Subnautica, unfortunately, I could get it to run, but the screen is tinted white. After the introductory mission, the one in which we have to extinguish the fire, I tried to dive into the water but the screen turned solid white, which could be tied to forcing DirectX 9. Wouldn't it be a good option to enable OpenGL in the meantime?

Also by enabling OpenGL you would be prepared for Vulkan/OpenCL.