turn off/on objects, save power

buffalobills113buffalobills113 usa Join Date: 2016-05-31 Member: 217809Members
The ability to turn off/on objects to save power would be nice. Work lights the battery dies fast, and when your base is our of power its really annoying when you have insufficient power. Had 2 water filtration systems draining my power at night. If I could have turned them off I would have. Nope, low power every half second. Annoying haha

Comments

• badgerfrothbadgerfroth Darlington UK Join Date: 2016-04-10 Member: 215599Members
    I'm pretty sure power management will be implemented at some point.

A capacitor would also be nice so it can store any excess solar power generated during the daylight hours.
  • morryataymorryatay Australia m8 Join Date: 2016-06-06 Member: 218175Members

A capacitor would also be nice so it can store any excess solar power generated during the daylight hours.

a wall mounted base control thing would be great, telling you data about the area, and to change your bases colour.

and a capacitor is already in the works apparently, says trello
  • anuahhaheeanuahhahee POLAND Join Date: 2015-10-13 Member: 208456Members
    edited June 2016
    morryatay wrote: »

a wall mounted base control thing would be great, telling you data about the area, and to change your bases colour.

and a capacitor is already in the works apparently, says trello

I agree.
    The "wall mounted base control" sounds nice. Maybe a control room with it. Changing color of the base, maybe invisible for predators or within 10-100m range. So many ideas xD
    ow.. and maybe a 2D map of base to better management
  • DreamlickerDreamlicker Sverige Join Date: 2016-06-13 Member: 218548Members

I suppose it'd be easier to make lights automatically turn off during daytime :wink:
  • buffalobills113buffalobills113 usa Join Date: 2016-05-31 Member: 217809Members

I suppose it'd be easier to make lights automatically turn off during daytime :wink:

Only problem with that is when you go so deep where the daylight doesn't matter and its still dark.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    They've added a turn On/Off power switch to the Cyclops, i dont see how this couldnt be done for Bases. In fact, this is something that should definitely have been added at the same time we got this for the Cyclops imo.
  • KavukamariKavukamari Join Date: 2009-01-04 Member: 65974Members
    I agree with this idea

I think every appliance should come with an on/off switch, and perhaps you could even have/build light switches for each of your rooms so you could have darkened rooms as well

I had to demolish my purifier because it ate up all of the power in my base and I couldn't do anything else, I'd love to be able to just turn the thing off
  • WeylandWeyland Russia Join Date: 2016-06-30 Member: 219364Members
    Yeah, a device/room for base mamagement would be great. It could have options to switch lights or power in each room or even in your entire base. And maybe there should be option to seal a room, remotely closing every door (I mean bulkheads) leading into it. Not very usefull, but can help during flooding and is kinda realistic.