Don't Remove Terraformer

UnderwaterQUEEN2314UnderwaterQUEEN2314 Indianapolis, IN Join Date: 2016-06-25 Member: 219056Members
I don't think you should remove the terraformer due to the fact that it would be cool to create my own underwater cave base, so a bat-cave but underwater! That's what I would like to use it for.

Comments

• Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    I think that the terraformer shouldn't be taken out of the game. If the devs are going to keep Rocky(Rock Puncher) than they can also keep terraforming. With the terraformer you can carve out land masses or put material back! This opens the opportunity for amazing underwater bases with cool sea moth entry ways leading to a moon pool. Plus, you were on a terraforming mission were you not(by you I mean player) so it would make sense for the crew to have terraformers on hand wouldn't it!
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    Plus, you were on a terraforming mission were you not(by you I mean player) so it would make sense for the crew to have terraformers on hand wouldn't it!

They've changed the Terraforming Mission to something else quite some time ago.

• AstromancerAstromancer Texas Join Date: 2016-05-13 Member: 216713Members
    They are removing it and that's final. It's going to make the performance of the game ALOT better.
  • Freeman79Freeman79 Sweden Join Date: 2015-09-22 Member: 208093Members
    edited June 2016
    Thank god they removed that, worst tool in the game, hated those loose chunks of sand or rock that was hovering in the water after using that tool, impossible to get rid of and always seems to crash my Seamoth into it.
    Was also a large immersion breaker for the game imo, at least for me.

It's way better now, thank you Devs <3
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    edited June 2016
    The rocks never floated in mid air for me. The moment I broke the chunk of rock below it it would float down, and even when I use the terraformer in high settings it does not impact the game in any way.
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    it does not impact the game in any way.

The developers seem to disagree, otherwise they wouldn't be removing it in the first place.

What we see on the surface doesn't always reflect what's going on under the hood, which the developers would know better than any of us. They've got their reasons for removing it, and it doesn't seem like they'll be changing their minds.
  • eastofdeatheastofdeath usa Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213559Members
    They could leave it in the game and put a warning on its use. So the people that want it can have it.
    Its already in the game and working as intended.
    Just because its in the game doesn't mean we have to use it, if we know the consequences.
    I never use it and don't see the need to in survival or hardcore, but it is a fun toy to play with in creative mode.
  • Freeman79Freeman79 Sweden Join Date: 2015-09-22 Member: 208093Members
    edited June 2016
    They could leave it in the game and put a warning on its use. So the people that want it can have it.
    Its already in the game and working as intended.
    Just because its in the game doesn't mean we have to use it, if we know the consequences.
    I never use it and don't see the need to in survival or hardcore, but it is a fun toy to play with in creative mode.

It might not be that simple, I'm not saying they are planning multiplayer, but "if" they do, the Terraformer gonna kill game and perhaps the computer for alot of players ?
    @Rezca, well done for realisingnthis for I did not notice this at all.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    edited June 2016
    I don't think you should remove the terraformer due to the fact that it would be cool to create my own underwater cave base, so a bat-cave but underwater! That's what I would like to use it for.

Hey, we all want Batcaves, you know
    Do i want a batcave? Why yes, yes i do!
    Sadly, this terraformer thing is the bane of performance :cry:

Not only are they removing the terraformer but iirc theyre removing terraforming altogether from the game
    Which means hello terrain clipping into bases corridors/MP rooms i guess .....
    Right now you can remove said terrain clipping in bases using .... yeah, sucks uh :smirk:
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    Well, I believe they said they're removing it to increase performance because if the terrain can never be changed, it won't have to be constantly re-rendered for every little change you make.
  • joni65joni65 Kansas Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218763Members
    Will we still be able to dig sand to the extent we can now? If anyone knows?
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    @joni65 I don't think so. I play on xbox, and both the terraformer and the sand-digging have already been removed from it (well, you can spawn the terraformer using console commands, but you can't build it normally). The only way I can actually dig is by using the repultion cannon on the sand, and that's really slow. Either way, I think that's gonna be removed too; and I also believe that the devs are planning to put the xbox and pc versions on the same level of development. So I'm afraid for you that sand-digging option will no longer be available for you too.
  • joni65joni65 Kansas Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218763Members
    @joni65 I don't think so. I play on xbox, and both the terraformer and the sand-digging have already been removed from it (well, you can spawn the terraformer using console commands, but you can't build it normally). The only way I can actually dig is by using the repultion cannon on the sand, and that's really slow. Either way, I think that's gonna be removed too; and I also believe that the devs are planning to put the xbox and pc versions on the same level of development. So I'm afraid for you that sand-digging option will no longer be available for you too.
    I hope they make the displacement that happens with base building cleaner then. I always get shards of sand just hanging there and can only get rid of it by "digging" it.